The Reuben Foster Legal File Thread

J-ALL-DAY

7 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

I'm hearing the judge is going to wait until Wednesday to decide if the case should go to trial, 

I'm like WTH???

after all that you are still deliberating??? what else do you have to go with?

This is nothing unusual for a case like this. The judge will want to review all the information and take his/her time before making a decision. The charges are going to be dropped eventually, stay patient lol. 

On 2/13/2018 at 11:05 AM, Gore Whore 21 said:

Except no one here is presuming he is innocent or giving him the benefit of the doubt. I don’t doubt that he put himself in a bad situation, but we’ve seen a number of situations in recent years of false reports, or at least reports that didn’t turn into charges, against a number of our players (Crabtree and Kap are two that stand out). Foster is immature no doubt and that was one of my big turnoffs towards him going into the draft, but I really think we need to wait until the facts come out before making any big moves. We can sit here and speculate based on the comments his girlfriend made all day, but how do we know that anything she said was true? What is her credibility? It’s entirely possible she was in the wrong and physically engaged him. I’m not saying one way or the other, just that we need to wait for the facts to come out. 

@Forge not all of us wanted to cut bait. I think Reuben still gets two games at least, but unfortunately this world has come to a place where the odds of an assault charge of any type has around a 50/50% chance of being real or completely fabricated. I’m not going to get into this too much, but if what she said in court is true and this was all a lie I think she should be held accountable and charged accordingly. 

2 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

@Forge not all of us wanted to cut bait. I think Reuben still gets two games at least, but unfortunately this world has come to a place where the odds of an assault charge of any type has around a 50/50% chance of being real or completely fabricated. I’m not going to get into this too much, but if what she said in court is true and this was all a lie I think she should be held accountable and charged accordingly. 

Sure, but plenty of people did. I didn't care if we kept him or not, as I said earlier in the thread. Has absolutely no impact on me whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, y2lamanaki said:

Regarding a potential suspension, let's not forget that this wasn't Foster's first rodeo. Of this offseason, either. I think 4, possibly down to 2 on appeal.

I said four all along but he shouldn't get any for this arrest. Or at least for the DV charge. I don't know the league policy for a weapon charge, but it's almost certainly getting lowered to a misdemeanor. So a misdemeanor weapon charge and the marijuana arrest. Definitely could still see four, but ultimately he serves two games one way or another. Either Goodell hands out a two game suspension or he gets four initially but two after the appeal. 

The weapons charge is dumb too. Only illegal in California, bought legally in Alabama. Pretty much same thing as pot charge. Wrong state, wrong time. But even less so since pot is a banned substance and NFL players can have as many AR 15s as they want. 

Also don’t remember if I posted it on here or just said it to friends, but I was one of those who thought he was done and would be released any day. I give the Niners credit for holding off. I was jumping the gun. As much as I’m annoyed at the lack of innocent until proven guilty thought process in the NFL, I got caught up in it because I’ve just been disappointed in him the whole time (injured every game, pot charge, then this). But gotta remember for every crazy dude who is nuts enough to hit a woman, there’s a crazy chick who will make up a story for revenge or attention. This chick should be locked up for the same amount of time he would have been had the charges stuck. Nut job. 

23 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

I will say for Fosters future he needs to put good people around him. In the end people like this will screws him over. 

We tried that with Aldon. I hope it works better with Foster. Like a lot of other things in life I guess it comes down to his desire to change. If he's got it, others can help him do it. If he doesn't, then he could go down the Aldon route.

50 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

We tried that with Aldon. I hope it works better with Foster. Like a lot of other things in life I guess it comes down to his desire to change. If he's got it, others can help him do it. If he doesn't, then he could go down the Aldon route.

Meh, his ex turned out to be a lying, manipulative, con artist who was out for personal gain, at his expense. He isn't the first man to find out after the fact he chose a crazy b*$# to be in a relationship with. Happens in all walks of life. Now if this had been a case of hanger-ons influencing his judgement then that's one thing. But I can't really fault him for his ex being a psycho, out to ruin him.

What I will say is that Foster has to address his obvious love for weed. That to me, will be his biggest hurdle going forward. Much more so than any off-the-field type of incidents.

The judge should make a ruling on if the case can go to court within the next couple of hours. I wouldn't be surprised if the DV and preventing reporting of a crime charges were dropped. I expect Foster would win those cases even if he goes to trial. I'm much more curious about how the gun charge will be handled. 

3 minutes ago, Geek said:

The judge should make a ruling on if the case can go to court within the next couple of hours. I wouldn't be surprised if the DV and preventing reporting of a crime charges were dropped. I expect Foster would win those cases even if he goes to trial. I'm much more curious about how the gun charge will be handled. 

Will either be set for trial or there will be a plea...there is probable cause on the gun charge.  My guess is that it is pled down to a misdemeanor.

Archived