The Reuben Foster Legal File Thread

J-ALL-DAY

11 minutes ago, N4L said:

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/3/11/17106916/reuben-foster-future-49ers-rumors-suspension

Tomorrow is the day. If he can make it to 5pm tomorrow (end of business I would assume) then he will have cleared a major hurdle. It will mean the firearm was legal. 

Leveon Bell got a 1 game suspension for his pot arrest. If no charges are filed, then I cant imagine foster getting more than 3 games. I would hope that Goodell would agree to meet with him before issuing any suspension. I think a face to face will help tremendously in keeping the number of games low... first things first, lets make it through the next 30 hours.

^but I believe he was already under the "weed watch" forgot the actual wording NFL uses so i don't think he'll just get one game. 

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

^but I believe he was already under the "weed watch" forgot the actual wording NFL uses so i don't think he'll just get one game. 

weed watch lol its like the apple watch only... better

The hands are always set to 4:20 O'clock

Damn well he has an arraignment hearing scheduled for April 12th in tbe event he is charged. The fact they aren't sure if they are going to charge him with anything makes me think theres a pretty strong chance that he had a legal firearm. I don't think there is anyway they wouldn't charge him with at least that aspect of the case in today's political climate, but who really knows. 

35 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I second the motion of the person who asked for the title of this thread to be changed. Let's change from Reuben Foster arrested again to The Reuben Foster Legal File, please.

Boom, done. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have no issues with Jed in this case. It does end up reflecting back on him in some regard, and at some point, I get the "enough would be enough" thing. He's mainly just taking accountability for whatever decision is made with Foster, and I think that is fine. It's not different then Mark Cuban taking accountability for the sexual harassment issues that popped up in the Mavericks organization. Nobody expects him to know every detail of every employee and all that jazz, and nobody expects him to essentially act as the final HR, but he takes accountability for the people they employ, whether or not it's really on him. That's what the person in charge should do...even if it's window dressing. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I have no issues with Jed in this case. It does end up reflecting back on him in some regard, and at some point, I get the "enough would be enough" thing. He's mainly just taking accountability for whatever decision is made with Foster, and I think that is fine. It's not different then Mark Cuban taking accountability for the sexual harassment issues that popped up in the Mavericks organization. Nobody expects him to know every detail of every employee and all that jazz, and nobody expects him to essentially act as the final HR, but he takes accountability for the people they employ, whether or not it's really on him. That's what the person in charge should do...even if it's window dressing. 

Yeah, I read Jed's statement, and I was okay with it. "His" decision is probably just taking responsibility for the decisions of the people whose paycheques he signs. He hired John Lynch to take these decisions, and Jed is just showing support for his staff. It's easy to hate on Jed for what he's done in the past, but in this case, I think he's just trying to take the heat away from Lynch and anyone else who had a hand in making the decision to draft Foster. It doesn't cost him anything. If we do end up cutting Foster, I'm sure it will by Lynch's decision anyway, but then he can take the blame, which doesn't matter, since he's already hated anyway. He's already blamed for most things that go wrong. That can be his ownership style. Just letting the football take credit when things go well, and he takes the blame when things go bad. He probably wouldn't feel bad about it, because he's still making millions of dollar either way. He can be the bad cop to Lynch's good cop.

Just now, rudyZ said:

"His" decision is probably just taking responsibility for the decisions of the people whose paycheques he signs.

I would have liked your post regardless, but I really liked it because of the bolded. 

24 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Yeah, I read Jed's statement, and I was okay with it. "His" decision is probably just taking responsibility for the decisions of the people whose paycheques he signs. He hired John Lynch to take these decisions, and Jed is just showing support for his staff. It's easy to hate on Jed for what he's done in the past, but in this case, I think he's just trying to take the heat away from Lynch and anyone else who had a hand in making the decision to draft Foster. It doesn't cost him anything. If we do end up cutting Foster, I'm sure it will by Lynch's decision anyway, but then he can take the blame, which doesn't matter, since he's already hated anyway. He's already blamed for most things that go wrong. That can be his ownership style. Just letting the football take credit when things go well, and he takes the blame when things go bad. He probably wouldn't feel bad about it, because he's still making millions of dollar either way. He can be the bad cop to Lynch's good cop.

That's not how I interpreted his statement. I took it as "don't forget who is in charge, I'm the guy who hired Kyle and John, everything that goes on here falls under my leadership". 

That's why I said he was an egomaniac. He wants everyone to know he is in charge. 

Archived