49ers LB Reuben Foster arrested for domestic violence

Apparition

13 minutes ago, Malik said:

What are the gun laws like in Cali?

Cali, where you'll no longer be charged with a felony for not disclosing STDs (which is tantamount to negligent homicide), LMAO, I don't even want to know what their gun laws are, bass ackwards laws in that state.

But yeah, nice to know you, Reuben Foster. As the old adage goes, you can't fix stupid. 

Just now, jrry32 said:

Bad opinion is bad.

Bad conversation and debate skills are bad.  It's 2018, not 1999.  It's a passing league, not a running league.  When you have a position (ILB) that's on the field for two out of three downs, a position like safety, CB and pass rusher is more important when they're on the field 3/3 plays. 

But your overused response sure got me. 

57 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Pretty much what I came here to say.  Don't know why teams continue taking chances on players with character / intelligence concerns.  For every Tyreek Hill or Justin Houston, there are ten Reuben Fosters or Aldon Smiths. 

Maybe it's the environment and support that the teams provide players?

KC has been pretty fortunate in that the guys we took with character concerns haven't had lapses in their behavior. Obviously a big part of it is on the individual. But even in your example, both guys are from SF.

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

Maybe it's the environment and support that the teams provide players?

KC has been pretty fortunate in that the guys we took with character concerns haven't had lapses in their behavior. Obviously a big part of it is on the individual. But even in your example, both guys are from SF.

I don't think any team condones domestic abuse or illegally owning assault rifles. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I don't think any team condones domestic abuse or illegally owning assault rifles. 

Agreed.

Just saying that maybe the 49ers haven't been providing the best, if any, help to their guys that clearly need it. Or maybe it's just the individual players ignoring that advice/counseling. Either way, the team should really take a look at themselves and see what's going on. Poor support staff, poor scouting/interviewing, etc.

7 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Bad conversation and debate skills are bad.  It's 2018, not 1999.  It's a passing league, not a running league.  When you have a position (ILB) that's on the field for two out of three downs, a position like safety, CB and pass rusher is more important when they're on the field 3/3 plays. 

What first round ILB is getting taken off the field on third downs?

I've heard bad arguments like that (you can't take X position before Y) for years. It's nothing new. Rams were stupid for taking a HB in the top 10 when they drafted Todd Gurley. Giants took a LT when they drafted Ereck Flowers. You tell me who made the better decision. 

9 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Agreed.

Just saying that maybe the 49ers haven't been providing the best, if any, help to their guys that clearly need it. Or maybe it's just the individual players ignoring that advice/counseling. Either way, the team should really take a look at themselves and see what's going on. Poor support staff, poor scouting/interviewing, etc.

Yet Bowman, who had character concerns  coming into the league, was fine. Has nothing to do with the team. As someone else said, you can't fix stupid. Some guys will turn it over, others won't. Also not the team's responsibility to be honest. They are just taking the chance and every team does it

14 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Incredible to me that all these lunatics who have no control of their temper over several decades and no one has ever beat up a referee. Doesn’t even seem possible 

Well the league is for sure going to ban them in that case. If athletes just force themselves on a woman or beat one up but have enough money and lawyers, then they can still get out of it and play football.

26 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Roquan Smith would be on the field on all downs. So this argument is weak.

14 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Incredible to me that all these lunatics who have no control of their temper over several decades and no one has ever beat up a referee. Doesn’t even seem possible 

You don't see why a coward who beats up a women in private would be afraid to start a physical confrontation with another man in front of the whole world where other people might get involved? They aren't doing this because they have spine. They are doing this because they are emotionally deficient and they find some disturbing power in it.

So I"m confused was it a felony domestic violence arrest or an illegal firearm? The first one he's not toast although he should be. The second one is a who cares to me. I'm a second amendment guy and California can kiss off with their totalitarian laws. 

Might be prudent to let this play out before declaring him finished. 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

So I"m confused was it a felony domestic violence arrest or an illegal firearm? The first one he's not toast although he should be. The second one is a who cares to me. I'm a second amendment guy and California can kiss off with their totalitarian laws. 

Might be prudent to let this play out before declaring him finished. 

It's both. He's probably finished. It's not even being prudent. 

Archived