49ers LB Reuben Foster arrested for domestic violence

Apparition

10 minutes ago, Golfman said:

So I"m confused was it a felony domestic violence arrest or an illegal firearm? The first one he's not toast although he should be. The second one is a who cares to me. I'm a second amendment guy and California can kiss off with their totalitarian laws. 

Might be prudent to let this play out before declaring him finished. 

But didn't you know? In California, you can knowingly pass STDs and get off with a slap on the wrist now, so it's not all bad.

Yeah, of course I couldn't say that shyt with a straight face.

But on a serious note, he's done. 

Just now, lancerman said:

Well if you are talking about Hardy, the pressure boiled over and he ended up not lasting

Yet the Dallas Cowboys still signed and started him knowing all of those issues. They gave zero craps about DV, and for all intents and purposes, still don't. Just saying.

Anyways, it's sad to see such a promising player for the 49ers probably lose all of his career due to sheer stupidity. Feels like a broken record of Aldon Smith.

26 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Well if you are talking about Hardy, the pressure boiled over and he ended up not lasting

They also did nothing to Dez Bryant after he beat up his own mother. They let Hardy go because he was a hinderance to the team, not because they care about DV, which they don't, that much is evident in their trading for Pacman Jones. Hell, they knowingly signed Hardy after seeing those disgusting pictures of his battered GF, that should tell you everything you need to know.

Just now, Counselor said:

Roquan Smith would be on the field on all downs. So this argument is weak.

Yeah, and he'd be undersized on running downs. 

That's my point.  If they're exceptionally good in the passing game, they're not going to be great in the running game and vice versa.  You get generational talents like Kuechley who are great at both, but those are generational talents.  Is Roquan Smith a generational talent?  I'm legit asking because I don't know. 

Teams like the Cardinals obviously put a huge emphasis on that dime backer or whatever you want to call it and having fast linebackers.  Other teams are just taking that linebacker out and putting a safety in on passing downs.

Reddick played 41% of the defensive snaps last year.
Bucannon played 66% of the defensive snaps last year. 

What does Roquan Smith do that those two don't? 

Just now, Darth Pees said:

Yet the Dallas Cowboys still signed and started him knowing all of those issues. They gave zero craps about DV, and for all intents and purposes, still don't. Just saying.

Anyways, it's sad to see such a promising player for the 49ers probably lose all of his career due to sheer stupidity. Feels like a broken record of Aldon Smith.

Somehow I think a linebacker with issues regarding domestic violence and guns won't go over too well in Dallas again

It does seem like football players get condemned by the public more so than other sports. How many beta slobs still don't recognize kobe bryant as scum, just because he can put ball in a hoop. Or mike tyson because he has a good highlight reel. You always see those dopes reaching to defend guys like that cause they're in love with them, but not so much with football players.

19 minutes ago, Golfman said:

So I"m confused was it a felony domestic violence arrest or an illegal firearm? The first one he's not toast although he should be. The second one is a who cares to me. I'm a second amendment guy and California can kiss off with their totalitarian laws. 

Might be prudent to let this play out before declaring him finished. 

From what I've seen so far, he was arrested on charges related to Domestic Violence.  During the arrest, he disclosed possession of an illegal assault rifle on his property.  He may have also been in possession of marijuana, which is more of a league issue as it's legal in most parts of California to possess upto a certain amount.

Just now, Golfman said:

To be fair, it's still pretty illegal to illegally own an assault rifle in 50 states, so that might be significant no matter which state it was.  I'm curious what kind of assault rifle it was though.  Or if it even was an assault rifle.

f4d8f9ede32aa84bfa98144a174a9c55.jpg

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yeah, and he'd be undersized on running downs. 

That's my point.  If they're exceptionally good in the passing game, they're not going to be great in the running game and vice versa.  You get generational talents like Kuechley who are great at both, but those are generational talents.  Is Roquan Smith a generational talent?  I'm legit asking because I don't know. 

Teams like the Cardinals obviously put a huge emphasis on that dime backer or whatever you want to call it and having fast linebackers.  Other teams are just taking that linebacker out and putting a safety in on passing downs.

Reddick played 41% of the defensive snaps last year.
Bucannon played 66% of the defensive snaps last year. 

What does Roquan Smith do that those two don't? 

Smith is a little undersized for my liking. So was Donnie Edwards though, and he was a good linebacker. If Smith became the player Donnie Edwards was, I'd be happy I guess. Assuming the 49ers take him.

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Smith is a little undersized for my liking. So was Donnie Edwards though, and he was a good linebacker. If Smith became the player Donnie Edwards was, I'd be happy I guess. Assuming the 49ers take him.

I just think inside linebackers are pretty overrated.  I'm not saying I think you can get away with scrubs there or anything, I just think you get the best value there later on. 

Archived