BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

SirA’s Mock 1.0 (now with less QB bloat)

1.1 Compton Black Panthers - Saquon Barkley RB PSU: Best player in the draft and one of the safest too. Building the new team gets off to a great start with a stout running game.

1.2 Orlando Ospreys - Josh Rosen QB UCLA: Man Crush to hedge his bets with Mahomes.

1.3 Oklahoma City Rogues - Bradley Chubb DE NC State: Best pass rusher in the draft will give the Rogues the ability to constantly pressure BDL backfields.

1.4 Wichita Woodpeckers - Minkah Fitzpatrick S/CB Alabama: I think this is way too high for Fitzpatrick both IRL and BDL but pundits are high on him. Gives the Peckers flexibility in the secondary.

1.5 Camden Hood Rats - Tremaine Edmunds LB Virginia Tech: One of my favorite players in the draft. Can play multiple LB positions and gives Camden more flexibility with 3 ups.

1.6 Charleston Dingoes - Marcus Davenport Edge UTSA:  I don’t see the Dingos investing heavily in WR two years in a row. A young pass rusher will give this defense with a solid secondary some competitiveness.

1.7 Berlin Blitzkrieg - Derwin James S/LB FSU: Eric Berry can’t stay healthy and James give they Blitz some insurance and also elevates their LB corps should Berry comes back at full strength.

1.8 Long Beach Leprechauns - Vita Vea DT Washington: With no pass rusher worth it at this point in the draft LB goes for a huge presence in the middle to bolster their defense.

1.9 Orlando Ospreys - Ronald Jones II RB USC: Explosive runner to pair with Kamara in the backfield.

1.10 Gotham Gashslayers - Quenton Nelson G Notre Dame: OL help to keep Wentz upright and open lanes for Henry.

1.11 Compton Black Panthers - Calvin Ridley WR Alabama: The Hockey collective selects a WR to take some heat off of AB.

1.12 Orlando Ospreys - Roquan Smith LB Georgia: Orlando grabs a WLB to pair with Wagner as Beasley moves back to DE this year.

1.13 Cuba Smugglers - Denzel Ward CB Ohio St: Cuba starts the rebuild of their secondary with Ward. A little undersized but can ball out.

1.14 Oklahoma City Rogues - Maurice Hurst DT Michigan: Solid 3T interior defender with pass rush skills to collapse pockets in the BDL.

1.15 Seoul Dragons - Derrius Guice RB LSU: Most of the Dragons RB’s are committee guys. They could use someone to carry a heavy workload.

1.16 Rome Eternals - Connor Williams OT Texas: Rome could use a true LT to protect Mitchell’s blindside.

• Like 8

2018 Dingo Mock draft: Minimum effort edition.

1.1    Compton Black Panthers - Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State. Compton's pass rush outside of Clowney is seriously lacking and Chubb helps sparks that pass rush, I can totally see Compton trading this pick or taking a QB here though.

1.2    Orlando Ospreys - Trade down because that's what Footsy always does, If not Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA for obvious reasons. 

1.3    Oklahoma City Rogues - Darrel Williams, RB, LSU. - 1 vote for scrub.

1.4    Wichita Woodpeckers -  Insert CB Here. - Whatever CB is at the top of the board when Wichita is on the clock will be the pick.

1.5    Camden Hood Rats - Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn St. - Camden's best RB is Eddie Lacey while Devonta Freeman is an expensive injury prone FA, Barkley fills a massive need. 

1.6    Sydney Dingos - Derwin james, S, FSU - I could use another safety.

1.7    Berlin Blitzkrieg - Quenten Nelson, OG, Notre Dame. - I can see Rags doing a lot of things with this pick but his o-line was the main reason his team fell apart this past season and Nelson would provide an elite talent to help fix that.

1.8    Long Beach Leprechauns - Courtland Sutton, WR, Southern Methodist. - Long Beach could use another weapon opposite DeAndre Hopskins.

1.9    Orlando Ospreys - Maurice Hurst, Michigan, DT - Orlando could use a DT next to the aging Suh and dissapointing Shelton.

1.10    Gotham Gashslayers - Orlando brown, OT, Oklahoma - Gotham's only good OT is Jake Matthews and even he's kinda meh. They could use another one.

1.11    Compton Black Panthers - Derrius Gruce, RB, LSU - Taking Gruce fixes RB problem it's had for years at this point and instantly improves their offense for whichever QB they end up getting. 

1.12    Orlando Ospreys - James Washington, WR, Oklahoma St. - Orlando's WR corps is a bit shaky with Byrant being suspended and Robinson coming off a torn ACL they could use a surefire prospect to help boost their WR corps.

1.13    Cuba Smugglers - Teven Bryan, Florida, DT, - Cuba could stand to upgrade their defensive trenches and a Florida player always seems to be their target.

1.14    Oklahoma City Rogues - Scott Quessenbery, C, UCLA - Another scrub.

1.15    Seoul Dragons - Minkah Fitzpatrick, FS/CB, Alabama. - Seoul's secondary fell apart in the championship game and was their ultimate downfall I'd imagine they'll address it here.

1.16    Rome Eternals - Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville. - Brees isn't getting any younger and while Rome won it's first title they have to be looking towards the future at the QB position.

• Like 4