BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

12 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

First rookie arrest!

Who took Christian Kirk?

This guy.

It actually makes me like the dude more, he got arrested for getting ****house hammered at the Waste Management Open and throwing rocks at cars. Sounds like a fun Saturday.

• Like 1

#16  Louisiana

QB: Tom Brady, Sam Darnold, Josh Allen

RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Nyheim Hines

WR1: Michael Thomas, Equanimeous St. Brown

WR2: Tyler Lockett, Quincy Enunwa, Zay Jones

Slot WR: Doug Baldwin, Ardarius Stewart, Tre McBride

TE: Zach Ertz

LT: Joseph Noteboom

LG:

C: Travis Frederick

RG: 

RT:

Defense: 

RDE: Jabaal Sheard, Jordan Jenkins, Randy Gregory, Owa Odighizuwa

RDT: Jurrell Casey, Jarran Reed, Andrew Billings

LDT: Chris Jones, Adam Gotsis 

LDE: Jason Pierre-Paul, Kerry Hyder, Benson Mayowa

LB: Todd Davis

LB: Tyler Matakevich

RCB: Stephon Gilmore

LCB: Chris Harris Jr.

NB: Joshua Jackson, Corn Elder

SS: Micah Hyde, Will Parks

FS: Sean Davis 

I’m not sure where to start here.  Louisiana has a ton of cap space where I assume they will fill out their roster.  I also expect them to trade Brady and maybe Allen sooner rather than later.  I do love Darnold as the QB of the future.  Hines was a great get as a compliment to Zeke.  NO also has three very good pass catchers in Thomas, Baldwin, and Ertz.  A player to take over that #2 or slot spot so Baldwin could go outside would give them a fantastic group of weapons.  But then there’s the OL.  Frederick is a stud and Noteboom is a year or two away.  They have nothing else and unless they have some big time players coming via trade, they’ll be crippled by their OL this year.

Louisiana should have a very solid DL assuming someone steps up across from JPP and Gotsis figures out his legal issues.  They could also have a very nice group of CBs with Harris in the slot and Gilmore and Jackson outside.  LB and S are major concerns as they only have a single LB on the roster and Davis is pretty sucky.

The pieces Louisiana does have are overall very good, but there are gaping holes and a concerning lack of depth overall.  Despite having a ton of cap space, I don’t see the talent in FA to resolve these issues this year.  Because they could not right now field an offense, I have to put them last.    

#15 Camden

QB: Lamar Jackson, Jacoby Brissett, Mason Rudolph, Kyle Lauletta

RB: Devonta Freeman, Sony Michel, Duke Johnson, Brian Hill

WR: Odell Beckham Jr, Courtland Sutton, Cole Beasley, Leonte Carroo 

WR: Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Nelson Agholor, Braxton Miller

TE: Evan Engram, David Njoku

LT: Taylor Decker, Orlando Brown

LG: Ron Leary, Isaiah Wynn

C: Chase Roullier, Wesley Johnson

RG: Trai Turner, Larry Warford, Trey Hopkins

RT: Hal Vaitai, Tyrell Crosby, Cedric Ogbuehi

DE: Chandler Jones, Solomon Thomas, Tanoh Kpassagnon 

DT: Akiem Hicks, Harrison Phillips 

DT: Grady Jarrett, David Irving, RJ McIntosh

DE: Yannick Ngakoue, Cam Wake

OLB: Jamie Collins, Darius Leonard, Josey Jewell, Ben Gedeon

ILB: Reggie Ragland, Jake Ryan

CB: Chidobe Awuzie, Denzel Ward, Kayvon Webster

CB: Kevin Johnson, Ahkello Witherspoon

S: Kevin Byard, Jamal Adams, Deshon Elliott, TJ Green

Camden has a very talented team overall.  However, they may not have a QB on the roster that starts this year so I have to put them 15th.  I personally love Jackson which guarantees his failure, but if he beats the curse, Camden could be in the playoffs as early as next year.  Also, they are good enough that if Brissett plays, they could have a shot at the playoffs.  Sutton becoming a legit outside WR would be huge for Camden as they have Gordon and a number of slot options outside of Beckham.  Although, Camden should be able to field a nasty two TE set assuming Njoku and Engram make that 2nd year leap.  At first glance, the OL is suspect, but I think Brown will be a very fine RT and Wynn can play anywhere.  If Sutton and those two OL grow with Jackson, the Camden offense will be very annoying and very balanced with Freeman and Michel in 2019.

On defense, they have a very talented DL with the depth to stay fresh throughout the season(I personally will weigh depth much more heavily this year when it comes to DL).  Collins is great when healthy and Ragland has flashed, but LB is an unknown at the moment.  I do love Leonard and think he will be a BDL-level starter sooner rather than later.  Similar to LB, CB has a lot of unproven potential.  Awuzie, Ward, Johnson, and Ahkello are all very talented and Camden just needs a couple of those young CBs to step up.  Byard and Adams are as good a safety tandem as you’ll find in BDL.

Overall, the fact that Camden might not have a starting QB takes them to 15.  However, if some of their first and second year players step up and Jackson takes over, this team could easily be in the playoffs in 2019 and win a BizzBowl the year after.  Oh, and they have a ton of cap space.

• Like 3

#14 Cuba

QB: Kirk Cousins, DeShaun Watson

RB: Dalvin Cook, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkehead, Frank Gore, John Kelly

FB:

WR(X): Julio Jones, DJ Chark, Brandon Marshall

WR(Z): Kelvin Benjamin, Kamar Aiken

TE: Jack Doyle, Ian Thomas, Jaylen Samuels 

LT: Anthony Castanzo

LG: James Carpenter

C: John Sullivan

RG: David DeCastro, Joe Haeg

RT: Rob Havenstien, Germain Ifedi, Brandon Parker

Defense: Multiple D

DE: Terrell Suggs, Julius Peppers, Carl Nassib, DeMarcus Walker, Dorance Armstrong

DT: Fletcher Cox, Calais Campbell, Derek Wolfe, Willie Henry

NT: Eddie Vanderdoes, Chris Baker, Derrick Nnadi

OLB: Bruce Irvin, Kyle Van Noy, Ryan Anderson

ILB: BJ Goodson, Anthony Walker Jr., Malik Jefferson, Matthew Thomas 

LCB: Richard Sherman, Isaiah Oliver 

FS: LaMarcus Joyner, Derwin James Jr

SS: Morgan Burnett, Ronnie Harrison 

RCB: Anthony Brown, Quinton Dunbar, Dane Cruikshank

Cuba is solid at QB with Cousins, but if Watson bounces back quickly from injury, he could transform this offense.  Cuba has a strong running game with Cook and Coleman to take pressure off the QBs.  However, their weapons outside of Julio are pedestrian or unproven.  Kelvin didn’t look athletic last year, Chark is a rookie, Doyle is just okay, and the rest aren’t anywhere near BDL worthy yet.  The OL is decent if a bit thin.  Sullivan is getting old and Carpenter is replaceable IRL, much less BDL.  DeCastro and Havenstein make for a good right side and Castanzo won’t get the QB killed, but I do like Parker to take over in a year or two.    

Cuba still has a decent defense, but a few key players are getting very old.  Suggs, Peppers, and maybe Calais are likely to decline soon, and Cuba doesn’t have many younger players ready to take over on the edge.  LB is a big issue for Cuba.  Irvin and Anderson are better as rushers and none of the inside LBs are difference makers.  That said, Cuba could have a solid secondary if Sherman bounces back from injury and Oliver and Derwin play well as rookies.  I do love the depth Cuba added to their secondary this offseason, especially Cruikshank.

Because of suspect weapons in the passing game, age on the DL, concerns at LB, and questions in the secondary, I think Cuba could struggle a bit this year.  However, they can cut Cousins next year if Watson balls out to give themselves plenty of cap space next year.  They likely need another good draft next year to make the playoffs in 2019.

• Like 3

Fair. Only critique is I feel you might be underrating Sheard a bit - I think he's actually better than JPP, although both are good.

Also the FA OL talent is actually decent i feel, perhps deeper than any other position groups.