BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

@OleXmad

MD4L Xmad

1.1 Compton Black Panthers - SaQuan Barkley, RB, PSU

This is actually a difficult decision to make. Compton needs a QB but there's some good depth if Hockey is not the biggest Darnold/Rosen guy. Who's the top QB brings a quality debate. At RB, it's clear who's the number one guy. Current RBs on this team could use talent influx.

1.2    Orlando Ospreys - Bradley Chubb, DE, N.C state

This is going to be a trade down for sure, but Footsy seems dead set on trading Wilson so a QB is in play but it never hurts to add an elite pass rusher to the roster assuming he can't find a trading partner.

1.3 Oklahoma City Rogues - Tremaine Edmunds, DE/OLB, Virginia Tech

Extreme versatility and presumably insane upside. I'm not sure where he lineups but if he plays on the edge it's great depth for strong starters in Miller/Kerrigan, if he plays inside he can replace Darron Lee.

1.4    Wichita Woodpeckers - Mike McGlinchey OT, Notre Dame. 

For the sake of not mocking PR a DB I'll go with a position of extreme need, McGlinchey isn't the BPA but he fills the gaping hole at either OT position for Wichita and while Nelson is the better player Wichita will probably end up drafting a DB.

1.5 Camden Hoodrats - Quinton Nelson, LG, Notre Dame

Such a bland pickup. However it is well known this was Camden's weakest area before the injuries took their toll. Can make moves on a QB later while adding a week 1 starter.

1.6    Sydney/Charleston Dingos - Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Alabama. 

Knowing Dingo as well as I do and the fact none of the top talent makes sense for him given he's set at QB and has a ton of resources tied up in pass rushers I think he'll either go for the top defender on the board and that happens to be Minkah who fills a need. 

1.7 - Berlin Blitzkrieg - Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama 

Bama run! Tyreek Hill is entering RFA and DeSean Jackson is getting older. Ridley + Godwin is a strong receiver group for a team that has certainly shown an interest to improve the talent level around its franchise QB.

1.8    Long Beach Leprechauns - Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama.

I fully expect Long beach to consider Roquan Smith considering their horrible LB corps but Payne is the better player and offers them a true pass rushing DT which they currently lack. Plus Bama run. 

1.9 Orlando Ospreys - Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State

Orlando is loaded already, so the picks they make won't have much to do with needs. Whether football likes Ward is debatable but he's arguably the top player at the boundary position. There are some really creative things they can do by moving Ward inside or Kevin King developing in year 2 and being able to have Jalen become the defensive matchup he's shown capable of two years in.

1.10    Gotham Gashslayers, Derwin James S, Florida State. 

With Kam Chancellor possibly never playing again it couldn't hurt to add his replacement and if not he'd be an upgrade over Eric Reid, I could also see Gotham trading down and drafting a WR. 

1.11 Compton Black Panthers - Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

The question comes down to the QB Compton likes the most. A calculated risk still nets them an opportunity to take their number one QB. I think Rosen and Darnold are the obvious candidates but Allen is my number one guy.

1.12    Orlando Ospreys - Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

With all the extra picks it might be worth it for Footsy to invest in another QB in case Mahomes doesn't work out or for trade purposes down the road. Plus he has a man crush on Rosen and this is tremendous value for the best QB in this class. 

1.13    Cuba Smugglers - Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa.  

As much as MD4L Would love the FSU player who fills a massive need for him, he'll have to trade up to get him with so many secondary needy teams in front of him. Still Jackson is a solid CB prospect and helps to rebuild a secondary that needs another good CB to pair with stud Trufant. 

1.14 Oklahoma City Rogues - RaQuan Smith, ILB, Georgia

Some similarities in body types to Darron Lee but Smith plays more like Deion Jones. If Edmounds becomes a more profound edge blitzer type of player Oklahoma City will still need to improve the talent in the middle of their defense.

1.15 Seoul Dragons - Vita Vea, NT, Washington

This is a good get for a deep team. I can see Seoul going QB (Darnold), WR (Sutton), or the back seven area. In any event they go for possible BPA and get the NT size that the talented Atkins/McCoy lack with upside as a pass rusher.

1.16    Rome Eternals - Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU. -  

I'd expect Rome to consider a QB but they do have Trubisky and could stand to add another WR with Coleman disappointing, Cooper taking a step back and Smith Schuster's role undetermined going into next season. If RaQuan smith falls to them though I'd expect they'd pull the trigger over at best a 3rd WR. 

Edited by MD4L
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I can see Fitzpatrick having a Malik Hooker like fall in the draft as he is not Jalen Ramsey 2.0

Hooker had a fall in the draft because he was a 1 year wonder coming off some injuries. I don't think anyone thinks Fitzpatrick is Jalen Ramsey. I think he's more like Tyrann Mathieu than anything else. I don't see Fitzpatrick playing corner full time in the pros.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

I don't dislike Ridley at all.  Honestly, I'd be quite pleased with any of the guys I've been mocked.  But Godwin, Ridley, and Tyreek would be a nice group.  

Yea anything would be better than what you have now. 

Just now, Jlash said:

Damn I burned you and you responded like that? What's happening to us?

I have 4 classes, a 30 page legal paper on blockchains, job interviews, and I'm currently working on my moot court brief.

And my gf is studying for the bar and is on her period.  

And my dog is in heat.

So my brain is fried.  I'll be back to banter mode after March 1 cause like 5 of those things will be resolved.

But hey, I'd rather have my WR situation than your RB/QB/interior OL situation.  

• Like 3