BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

Welcome to Singapore, Marqise Lee. Continuing the youth movement for the franchise. I just double checked and I have 3 players 30+ on the roster #youngry.

Also a reminder any new FA bids for the week need to be in by 11:59pm EST this evening. Only existing bids can be continued to be offered on until they are complete after that.

This doesn't mean that if you haven't bid on the player previously you can't after tonight. Just no new bids.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WFLukic said:

Free Agency Deal Grader:

7. TE Trey Burton -  14900/4 (3725 per) to Berlin - Grade B

His ceiling is developing into a Jordan Reed player and he's essentially going for the same price. I can't give this a better grade than Reed but it's not bad business either. Perhaps a bit of an overreaction by Rags to fill his two TE set that he's insistent on after Henry's injury, but the upside in Burton himself is there. Just better hope Adam Shaheen doesn't break out. 

Well, Burton could also pair with Henry after this year as Rudolph is in the last year of his deal.  I think Nagy will get good use out of both Shaheen and Burton.

3 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

I thought we always just went off Spotrac average salary for FA?

We usually do unless someone who is attempting to sign someone themselves decides they want to circumnavigate and find loop holes and such.

edit: Then at that point it's just about who wants to argue about it more.

Edited by Jlash
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

I thought we always just went off Spotrac average salary for FA?

He signed an extension for three more years.  They didn't renegotiate anything about this year's deal.  Spotrac has the same numbers over the cap does they are just giving the most recently signed news.  If you look at the spotrac site, there are obviously four years on that deal and not three 

In that case you look at the previous years average and add it to the extension then divide by one more year.

The min number for Goodwin should be $2225 so you are just a hair off.