BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

29 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

So you're saying there was a vote that passed that allowed you to use future 3ups in current years?

The year long 3Up was meant to allow guys to resign guys to 3Up deals as deals happened IRL.  

• Like 1

I was contemplating removing myself from the approvals list. There’s merit to suggest teams should be forced to wait the calendar year before things like this go for approval.

The important thing here is SirA had the cap space to afford a substantial contract offer which increased Hunter’s salary significantly. The $9k salary makes the deal seem like a massive bargain but I attribute that to Hunter’s deal being included in the proposal.

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

The year long 3Up was meant to allow guys to resign guys to 3Up deals as deals happened IRL.  

Oh I get the year long 3 up.....but I don't see where the year long 3up allows you to go into next year's stash.

2017 3ups could be used from the start of the 2017 league year, through the 2017 offseason until the 2018 season is "started" (aka end of 2017 season)
2018 3ups can be used from the start of the 2018 league year, through the 2018 offseason until the 2019 season is "started" (aka end of 2018 season)
2019 3ups can be used from the start of the 2019 league year, through the 2019 offseason until the 2020 season is "started" (aka end of 2019 season)

11 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Let me ask this a different way.....(specific to @bcb1213, @MD4L, and @Jlash who approved)

Would you have approved @SirA1 using a 2019 3up if it was done prior to FA and Hunter was supposed to go to the Free Agent pool this season?

You couldnt use a 2019 3up prior to 2018s FA period only the 2018 3ups

2019 3ups go from the end of FA to the day before the next one if my memory is accurate.

Edited by SwoleXmad
Clarification

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

3 UPs are year round. This definitely counts toward SirA’s 19-20 group.

No it doesn't. SirA 3up is counting now. 

The year round thing is a non issue for me and I don't get why it's being argued on. The 75% rule being applied now is the real issue. Had SirA used the 85% percentage nobody would argue on this.

I believe the 75% rule should be applied when next season 3ups open (hence after 2019 FA).

If it is decided to indeed apply it now then every 3up proposal made (if any) this season (after 2018 FA) should be reviewed

1 hour ago, TedLavie said:

No it doesn't. SirA 3up is counting now. 

The year round thing is a non issue for me and I don't get why it's being argued on. The 75% rule being applied now is the real issue. Had SirA used the 85% percentage nobody would argue on this.

I believe the 75% rule should be applied when next season 3ups open (hence after 2019 FA).

If it is decided to indeed apply it now then every 3up proposal made (if any) this season (after 2018 FA) should be reviewed

Why so? We literally just agreed on the rule.

Whether this contract (and upcoming 3 UPs) are given the green light to offer 75% of deals for the remainder of the current 3 UP period is the question. 

2/3 ruiling committee members agreed to the deal. 

9 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Wait wait wait.....you can't use 2019 3ups in 2018. That's kinda the point of limiting them. NFL teams don't use future franchise tags.

How does this counteract limiting them? When this season ends, SirA will only have two 3 ups left. 

9 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

How is that legal!? you can use 2018 3ups AFTER the 2017 season is over and after the 2018 season is over up until the new year cuts over, you can't use future 3ups (at future rates) to benefit your team this season.

A 3 up can be used year round (it's a rule), and a 3 up used now goes against what he'd use this coming offseason. I agreed with him using the 75% because a 3 up used now and a 3 up used the day after the season ends shouldn't be counted at different rates if they're both lumped into the same group of 3 ups.