BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

2 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

The 3 Up period had already started when the rule was amended, this just proves that rules aren't implemented retroactively.

Or course no one had used any 2019 3 Ups up until this point so everyone is at an even playing field. We won't have to go back and retroactively adjust any 85% contracts like Ted thought for some reason. 

Edited by SirA1

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

Or course no one had used any 2019 3 Ups up until this point so everyone is at an even playing field. We won't have to go back and retroactively adjust any 85% contracts like Ted thought for some reason. 

True, but it happened after FA, which was effected by people not knowing an accurate prediction of their Cap for this year.  Maybe if someone had anticipated they were going to save a couple/few thousand on their 3Ups, maybe they would have changed their bidding strategy.

2 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

True, but it happened after FA, which was effected by people not knowing an accurate prediction of their Cap for this year.  Maybe if someone had anticipated they were going to save a couple/few thousand on their 3Ups, maybe they would have changed their bidding strategy.

That's a straw man argument. Most of the teams in the league have more cap space than I did or were hampered even before FA began and spent as they normally would. You should be able to cut or trade away players to create a few thousand in cap space.

• Like 1

Also I may want to shoot myself but I am diving into all the old BDL Meetings on WF.Com to put them all in one place so people can see what has come before.

Mostly just what was proposed and Green if it passed or Red if it didn't. Still going to be rough. Blue is already annoying me already.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Also I may want to shoot myself but I am diving into all the old BDL Meetings on WF.Com to put them all in one place so people can see what has come before.

Mostly just what was proposed and Green if it passed or Red if it didn't. Still going to be rough. Blue is already annoying me already.

I'm amazed the forum is still up, I commend you for reading through those old meetings.

2 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

I'm amazed the forum is still up, I commend you for reading through those old meetings.

I'm 16 pages (of 38) in to the first one and Blue and Footy are arguing about Topics 1 and 2 still. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SirA1 said:

That's a straw man argument. Most of the teams in the league have more cap space than I did or were hampered even before FA began and spent as they normally would. You should be able to cut or trade away players to create a few thousand in cap space.

Its clear you only want to see it from your perspective.  Just trying to have a conversation, not an argument.

• Like 1