BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

25 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Mike, all I will say at the moment is that no one is trying to do anything shady.  This kind of discussion is not unusual, especially when a young, talented QB is being traded.

I just don't want anyone taking anything personally.

Look man I respect all of you guys, but it is politics.  Maybe it isn't intentional but it is politics.  

Is my roster better off with him on the bench?  Or is my roster better off with some injected talent off the edge?

The offers I received from interested parties included; JPP, Preston Smith and Derek Barnett (which included an undisclosed guard and draft pick).

The first two offers aren't helping me get back to a 34 defense regardless how many draft picks that they might have included if any at all, as it was just those names being offered up.  

The offer by Ted (sorry for disclosing your offer) while both are Edge rushers, Watt fits the 34 defense better imo.  in addition Seoul doesn't own a first round pick in this upcoming draft.

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Is my roster better off with him on the bench?

No one is saying this. People are saying you got terrible value. 

Also, please don't post what people offered you in a trade on the thread man. It's unnecessary. 

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

No one is saying this. People are saying you got terrible value. 

Also, please don't post what people offered you in a trade on the thread man. It's unnecessary. 

The value on paper sure, I'm not contesting that.  My roster having a qb on the bench isn't doing anything for my defensive front, my team need is to find a fix for that, not whether I'm helping out another team by giving him a quarterback.  Again, Patrick does nothing for my defense, nor is he really helping out my offense.  I've got my starter in Rivers and my back up in Baker Mayfield.

I think you guys are overlooking my team needs.

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

not whether I'm helping out another team by giving him a quarterback

The exact reason the trade committee was formed, because years of people not caring what they got back in trades for important players greatly alters how the league is shaped for years to come. 

Either way. The trade committee can weigh in however they want at this point. 

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

On one hand, that contract itself is worth a lot. On the other hand, I’m starting a QB who had similar hype and can’t buy a vote.

Well, ones coming off a major injury and playing ok and the other is setting the league on fire. Not about you, frogs.

11 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Well, ones coming off a major injury and playing ok and the other is setting the league on fire. Not about you, frogs.

It’s not. I do have a more appropriate perspective on matters. Is xmad trading for Tyreek Hill, Kelce, and Watkins too?

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

It’s not. I do have a more appropriate perspective on matters. Is xmad trading for Tyreek Hill, Kelce, and Watkins too?

Is that for us to worry about?

Whats up frogs? There aren’t many posts of your recently that arent begging and/or whining for votes.

I know all of us value our own players more than most (it’s like favoring your children) but I’ve never seen you this vocal about it.

5 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Is that for us to worry about?

Whats up frogs? There aren’t many posts of your recently that arent begging and/or whining for votes.

I know all of us value our own players more than most (it’s like favoring your children) but I’ve never seen you this vocal about it.

He's clearly in mid-season form.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jlash said:

The injury to Ogbah may not be as bad as they thought, possibly not missing any time, although I do expect him to be limited and not ruling him out for next week.  However, when healthy he's a starter and a solid one at that.  

Just now, ny92mike said:

The injury to Ogbah may not be as bad as they thought, possibly not missing any time, although I do expect him to be limited and not ruling him out for next week.  However, when healthy he's a starter and a solid one at that.  

I was referring to Watson/Mahomes.