BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

13 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Is that for us to worry about?

Whats up frogs? There aren’t many posts of your recently that arent begging and/or whining for votes.

I know all of us value our own players more than most (it’s like favoring your children) but I’ve never seen you this vocal about it.

I haven’t noticed anything like that. 

20 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

didn't' realize Watson was injured.  he started him this week, did it happen during the game?  

He’s coming off missing most of last year with a torn ACL, he’s not injured now at all from what I know.

• Like 1

What's up? I was letting Mike do his own thing. It's his team now, though I was supposed to be advising but I was busy. Mahomes is on a dirt cheap contract for 3 years, and looks like a franchise QB, so he might arguably be the most valuable asset in BDL. You need a lot more than two decent edge rushers for him, at least a 1st.  Rivers is 36 and Baker didn't beat out Tyrod for the job (I know it was always the plan to have him ride the pine, but so was Wentz behind Sleeves). 

You have to consider the cap behind these moves too. I know Lewan's contract you can change to take up a lot more cap. Plus Mike Evans at 75% (or 85%) on an up, Gronk contract (I have no idea the logistics on what these actually would be to be upped), other future contracts for Ramsey and Bosa. Not that Watt and Ogbah aren't making that much, but it's still adding cap.  Just wait till Portland is out of playoff contention and buy Watt at the deadline or something. I think the edge play is fine right now, obviously not ideal but I'm sure there's worse in BDL.

Edited by MCoster
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, MCoster said:

What's up? I was letting Mike do his own thing. It's his team now, though I was supposed to be advising but I was busy. Mahomes is on a dirt cheap contract for 3 years, and looks like a franchise QB, so he might arguably be the most valuable asset in BDL. You need a lot more than two decent edge rushers for him, at least a 1st.  Rivers is 36 and Baker didn't beat out Tyrod for the job (I know it was always the plan to have him ride the pine, but so was Wentz behind Sleeves). 

You have to consider the cap behind these moves too. I know Lewan's contract you can change to take up a lot more cap. Plus Mike Evans at 75% (or 85%) on an up, Gronk contract (I have no idea the logistics on what these actually would be to be upped), other future contracts for Ramsey and Bosa. Not that Watt and Ogbah aren't making that much, but it's still adding cap.  Just wait till Portland is out of playoff contention and buy Watt at the deadline or something. I think the edge play is fine right now, obviously not ideal but I'm sure there's worse in BDL.

Without broadcasting the decisions for next year, we've got players on the roster, that really have no business being on the roster.  We've also got a dozen first round picks next year, so I don't foresee the cap being an issue, but I haven't completely broke it down.  

Nonetheless, I'm comfortable with adding to this defense now rather than later.  Not sure if you're aware but our Edge has generated one sack, (Tyrone Crawford against a horrible Giants offensive line).  

If this is my team, then I'd like the ability to make this trade.  

So who are we allowed to release from our rosters?  

I've got some baggage players that aren't doing me much good at the moment.  Am I understanding, that if they weren't signed this year, I can release them but how is that cap hit calculated? 

Are the subsequent years accelerated to the current year, where you take the full hit of the contract?  

If you could point me in the direction of the guidelines for this, that works too.

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I've got some baggage players that aren't doing me much good at the moment.  Am I understanding, that if they weren't signed this year, I can release them but how is that cap hit calculated? 

Are the subsequent years accelerated to the current year, where you take the full hit of the contract?  

If you could point me in the direction of the guidelines for this, that works too.

Anyone who doesn't have the "signed" status can be released. You are responsible for their entire contract, though. It's mainly just to get roster spots. Cap space is acquired via 3 downs (not available during the season IIRC, could be wrong) and trades.

You are allowed to double (triple, quadruple...) down a player, where you can accelerate the cap number to the current year. For example, you could turn Jeremy Cash's 2/825 into a 1/1650 provided you have the cap space to do so. The total amount of $ on the contract must be paid to the player.

All of this stuff is in the OP.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Read the OP in this thread.  What you're looking for is under Contract Management.  If anything is confusing ask here.

• Like 1