BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

14 hours ago, Jlash said:

Per Roto:

Cool cool cool cool. @SirA1 things are getting wild in Singapore.

Must be something in the water.  First Zay Jones now Griffin. 

Also Singapore has some of the harshest guns laws out there.  Having a gun is a caning offense.  Using one in another crime is the death penalty. 

• Like 1

Just now, ny92mike said:

If it was last year, wouldn't his contract length be greater than 1.  Says he signed and ext. in july.

You'll have to ask SirA to be sure on this but I think Footy signed him for his 3 up with his 5th year number. I believe you can convert this to his current 3 up number. I did something similar with Von coming off his franchise tag 

1 minute ago, Whicker said:
3 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

If it was last year, wouldn't his contract length be greater than 1.  Says he signed and ext. in july.

You'll have to ask SirA to be sure on this but I think Footy signed him for his 3 up with his 5th year number. I believe you can convert this to his current 3 up number. I did something similar with Von coming off his franchise tag 

@SirA1

Little help please.

Pertaining to OT Taylor Lewan contract.

43 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@SirA1

Little help please.

Pertaining to OT Taylor Lewan contract.

So Footy did something odd and used a 3 Up on a 5th year player instead of just the 100% 5th year price. Nothing in the rules against it. You can extend  Lewan to the full extent of his new deal because it is a 1 year 3 Up but it will be at his new rate ($88,500/6 years X .85) = $12, 538/year for 6 years.

So you will need more cap space to do that. If not you will have to 3 up him next year again at the same rate but for 5 years.

I feel like I've had this conversation before. Maybe with PSU though.

Edited by SirA1

I know this isn't a fantasy thread and I'm not in BDL but I have no other football sources now. What roster move should I make in a dynasty league?

Josh Allen for Flacco (I have Wentz and Cousins) but no other QB prospects

Chris Godwin for Fitzgerald (I have OBJ, AJ Green, DJ Moore and then a bunch of bust or soon to be busts: Zay Jones, Treadwell, Perriman etc.)

It's a weird league where you roster 3 QBs (start 1), 4 WR's (start 2), no flex but w/ huge taxi squads

I feel like Godwin is prob the better choice, but I've got kind of a boner for Josh Allen. Did you see that hurdle?

19 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

So Footy did something odd and used a 3 Up on a 5th year player instead of just the 100% 5th year price. Nothing in the rules against it. You can extend  Lewan to the full extent of his new deal because it is a 1 year 3 Up but it will be at his new rate ($88,500/6 years X .85) = $12, 538/year for 6 years.

So you will need more cap space to do that. If not you will have to 3 up him next year again at the same rate but for 5 years.

I feel like I've had this conversation before. Maybe with PSU though.

Wasnt me.

Ill have cap just as soon as i release cliff avril.

But to be clear what im doing is extending his contract at 100%.  Right?

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

Wasnt me.

Ill have cap just as soon as i release cliff avril.

But to be clear what im doing is extending his contract at 100%.  Right?

Nope. It is at his 3 Up rate of 85% because it was a 2018 3 Up. It doesn't use up anything more.

Edited by SirA1

8 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

This would be using one of my 3 up to do so right?

I know the cost is high but could he be extended?

It wouldn't use up one of your 2019 3 Ups since he was already 3 Upped. It just happens if you choose for it to happen. He cannot be 100% extended because he was already signed this year once.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, McNulty said:

I know this isn't a fantasy thread and I'm not in BDL but I have no other football sources now. What roster move should I make in a dynasty league?

Josh Allen for Flacco (I have Wentz and Cousins) but no other QB prospects

Chris Godwin for Fitzgerald (I have OBJ, AJ Green, DJ Moore and then a bunch of bust or soon to be busts: Zay Jones, Treadwell, Perriman etc.)

It's a weird league where you roster 3 QBs (start 1), 4 WR's (start 2), no flex but w/ huge taxi squads

I feel like Godwin is prob the better choice, but I've got kind of a boner for Josh Allen. Did you see that hurdle?

I'd take Godwin over Treadwell if that's an option lol. But ya you're gonna be rolling obj and green for a while 

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

I'd take Godwin over Treadwell if that's an option lol. But ya you're gonna be rolling obj and green for a while 

Hahaha I wish. But yeah all those young bucks are in my taxi squad so I can't use them in waivers.

I'm 2nd in the waiver order. My first choice would be James Conner (Connor?) for CJ Anderson. My RBs are pretty trash: a hurt Devonta Freeman, Alex Collins and Rex Burkhead