BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

On 11/12/2018 at 7:27 PM, SirA1 said:

In other news. Singapore is getting the band back together one piece at a time.

Patriots activated CB Duke Dawson (hamstring) from injured reserve.

Dawson's activation comes two weeks after the Pats placed Eric Rowe on injured reserve. The No. 56 overall pick of the draft, Dawson could see immediate snaps in the slot, where Jonathan Jones has been a bit of a liability.

And then there were only 4 left on IR/DNR. I think this is the strongest my team has been this late in the season. What a year it could have been with Jimmy G and $24,000 in cap to spend elsewhere. 

Could I get a little help with the math on potentially extending Gronks contract.

His current bdl contract is 1/ $7,200

If I understand it correctly, Rob Gronkowski current contract with NE it is 6 yr(s) / $54,000,000

Since, it would be an "all year long extension" its 100% of his rl contract.

54,000 / 6(yrs) = 9,000 per season for the next 2 years since his contract expires in 2020.

His extended BDL contract would be 2/ $9,000

or if I was to use a 3 Up on him in the offseason, it would still be 2 years but his yearly salary would be $6,750

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Could I get a little help with the math on potentially extending Gronks contract.

His current bdl contract is 1/ $7,200

If I understand it correctly, Rob Gronkowski current contract with NE it is 6 yr(s) / $54,000,000

Since, it would be an "all year long extension" its 100% of his rl contract.

54,000 / 6(yrs) = 9,000 per season for the next 2 years since his contract expires in 2020.

His extended BDL contract would be 2/ $9,000

or if I was to use a 3 Up on him in the offseason, it would still be 2 years but his yearly salary would be $6,750

If you 100% extended him it would be 2/$9,000.

If you wait until next offseason to 3 Up him it would be 1/$6,750 but if he signed a new contract then you could match it at 75% of that value.

You also have until right before FA starts in June to 3 Up him in case he retires for some reason.

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 2

On 09/10/2018 at 6:22 PM, ny92mike said:

Ok....So its Wins first obviously and the tiebreaker is the differential.  Anything else determine a tiebreaker? 

Found it on our old forum

Tie-breaking rules (two or three teams) for playoffs:
1. Head-to-Head record
2. Best W-L record in divisional games
3. Best Net Points
4. Coin toss

• Like 1