BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

I got hammered all season long for Rodgers being injured and many didn’t even think he gave me any advantage over some mediocre QBs I played against at times even though the rest of the players on each team were pretty much even in my opinion. Of course it helped me to have him in most situations. But he is due a lot of money. And I wanted to get something for him now at 35.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

So just Beckham? You said RB's and TE's also.

Saquan would go for more than Aaron Rodgers, as would Joey Bosa, and maybe Kelce/Kittle would go for exactly what Rodgers got dealt for.

Just now, MD4L said:

Saquan would go for more than Aaron Rodgers, as would Joey Bosa, and maybe Kelce/Kittle would go for exactly what Rodgers got dealt for.

Oh, so you didn't actually have anything else. Just possibilities. Good.

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

I'm pretty sure if Odell had been healthy the entire season, I would put my hat in to win the BizzBowl.  

Worth every penny.

Enjoy his 75% discount bc you finally have to pay his second contract.

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

He's trying to call me out for my trading habits.

Not really. I never gave my actual opinion on the value of QBs. That doesn’t mean Beckham didn’t go for a fair price.

6 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

No that's not it either.

I traded P. Mahomes because I needed a pass rusher more than a benched quarterback.

It's all about the need for me.

I have Baker Mayfield on my roster as well, was offered a trade for him and I declined as he's the future for Orlando, which btw I'm changing that name and location to the Lakenheath, Madhatters.

Mahomes was doing nothing for me on the bench, where TJ Watt helped my defense out tremendously w/ 13 sacks especially with Bosa injured most of the season and not playing up to his potential when he did return.

I wouldn't call that trade a dollar for change deal, because I did get quality out of that deal.  Sure P. Mahomes played the entire season lights out, but did his presence on the BDL team help them win any games?  I know that TJ Watt helped my team.

Again, I’ve made no point to specifically point out Mahomes. My opinion is different.

Also, Watt is good, but Mahomes has more value today and likely will for the next 5-10 years. Watt would get you a good haul in return and perhaps more than you expected (certainly Xmad would attest to it).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I got hammered all season long for Rodgers being injured and many didn’t even think he gave me any advantage over some mediocre QBs I played against at times even though the rest of the players on each team were pretty much even in my opinion. Of course it helped me to have him in most situations. But he is due a lot of money. And I wanted to get something for him now at 35.

I don't fault you for dealing him. 

8 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Aaron certainly helped to beat fantastic pass rushers with one leg. Not upset but noted in my book.

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Again, I’ve made no point to specifically point out Mahomes. My opinion is different.

Also, Watt is good, but Mahomes has more value today and likely will for the next 5-10 years. Watt would get you a good haul in return and perhaps more than you expected (certainly Xmad would attest to it).

Yet what you say tells a different story.

Watt is better than good, but it really doesn't matter what you think.  I'm as happy as a herpe on a whore.

Just now, MD4L said:

Aaron certainly helped to beat fantastic pass rushers with one leg. Not upset but noted in my book.

No doubt he is a great QB. I don’t regret the trade though. Finishing 9th and 8th with him two years in a row shows me I just have a lot of other areas to fill and hopefully I can strike Gold somewhere.

• Like 1