BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

12 minutes ago, Jlash said:

The only difference is spotrac put a 6 in front instead of a 5. Both signed 5 year extensions in the final year of their rookie deal, and have those 5 years left.

The difference is that the Bitonio got paid a huge Roster bonus last year to make it "Count" as a 6 year deal IRL but per our rules the Extension then needs to be spread out over the 5 years to account for the money he wasn't paid last year in BDL because he was on a rookie deal.

Moses full 5 year extension is in the last 5 years so his APY is correct by our standards. 

Pretty much Cleveland could afford to front load the deal and Miami couldn't. But since we don't use Cap hits it's how we account for the differences like this.

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

The difference is that the Bitonio got paid a huge Roster bonus last year to make it "Count" as a 6 year deal IRL but per our rules the Extension then needs to be spread out over the 5 years to account for the money he wasn't paid last year in BDL because he was on a rookie deal.

Moses full 5 year extension is in the last 5 years so his APY is correct by our standards. 

Pretty much Cleveland could afford to front load the deal and Miami couldn't. But since we don't use Cap hits it's how we account for the differences like this.

Cool. 

Now break down Telvin Smith for us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Cool. 

Now break down Telvin Smith for us.

Tomorrow. I didn't get my nap today and will be crashing soon. 430am comes early. At least tomorrow is my Friday.

I didn't even notice the stuff in the contracts thread till I logged on tonight because I've been TCMDing.

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 2

So Charleston give up 3x 2+yr cost controlled contracts (including arguably the best CB in the league) AND the #6 pick for 3x players on 1 yr deals (taking on nearly 10k in cap space) who are worse than the players they are trading, including a Robert Quinn contract that may be one of the worst in the league. Charleston must really value the 4th round next year.....

In a years time this deal becomes the following whilst also making Charleston worse in the short term;

CB Marcus Peters (2,500/yr; 1yr); TE Jimmy Graham(4,000/yr; 3yrs); Edge Shane Ray(3,050/yr; 1yr); 1.6

FOR

3.13; 2019 Portland 4th

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Taylor091 said:

So Charleston give up 3x 2+yr cost controlled contracts (including arguably the best CB in the league) AND the #6 pick for 3x players on 1 yr deals (taking on nearly 10k in cap space) who are worse than the players they are trading, including a Robert Quinn contract that may be one of the worst in the league. Charleston must really value the 4th round next year.....

In a years time this deal becomes the following whilst also making Charleston worse in the short term;

CB Marcus Peters (2,500/yr; 1yr); TE Jimmy Graham(4,000/yr; 3yrs); Edge Shane Ray(3,050/yr; 1yr); 1.6

FOR

3.13; 2019 Portland 4th

I'm actually gonna take back my approval of the trade, it just doesn't feel right screwing over Dingo that much. Plus it's gonna get vetoed, hell I'd veto it if I wasn't getting a top 5 CB for peanuts.

Camden RFA tenders:

LB Jake Ryan 7th round 

LB Paul Dawson go home no one wants you

RB Duke Johnson Jr 5th round

OG Trey Hopkins 7th round

edit: Wrong thread but it's staying here too so you can see it. Shut up.

Edited by Jlash