BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

17 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I'm interested in acquiring another 7th. PM me if you want to move one I can do a 2019 pick or maybe a depth player on my roster that you like.

Just to clarify, No I'm not giving a future 4th or 5th for a current 7th.

Just remember that you get the first pick of the PFA Scamble so if your guy doesn't get taken in this draft you can snag him after the read draft in 2 weeks.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 1:03 AM, TedLavie said:

R1 Grades

21 hours ago, TedLavie said:

R2 Grades

R3 Grades

3.1 - Cuba - Harrison: C+ : I like the fact that Cuba traded down to get 3.1 and 4.1 so that boosts the grade a bit. I'm not really a fan of Harrison but I understand why he was picked there. My issue with this pick is that I don't think he and James are really complementary

3.2 - Orlando - Williams: A : Good job by Footsy trading up while giving a player that was a bit expensive for his cap situation. Even better job to get, imho, the best tackle in the draft. After a couple of reaches in the end of the 2nd, Footsy would have gotten an A+ if he didn't trade down from 1.9 (though he did get good value), where he could have taken Roquan Smith.

3.3 - OKC - Daniels: C+ : A bit early for Daniels imho, though I get the need. Should have given a F for not trading for Alex Mack

3.4 - LB - Bryan: B+ : I'm not as high on Bryan as others, as I think this is his range. No issues with the pick or the trade up, Counselor didn't get incredible value neither, imho

3.5 - Orlando - Ragnow: B+ : Solid pick and Orlando needed an upgrade at center. Solid pick

3.6 - Portland - Hernandez: A: For its only pick in the draft, XMad gets a guy who could have gone at the end of the 2nd. Nice pick

3.7 - Seoul - Reid: B+: I think this was the range for Reid. Bumping from a B to a B+ comes from the trade, who I liked in terms of value (look at me, liking my own trades)

3.8 - OKC - Price: C+ : I like Price and this is his range, but I see him more as a center than a guard. Why did Whicker trade up to get a 2nd center after taking one 6 picks earlier? I like Price better than Daniels though

3.9 - Gotham - H.Hurst: C+ : I think Hurst is a bit of a reach here. Solid player but he's 24 years old and I don't see a ton of upside there. I think he will be decent depth for Gotham but that's it.

3.10 - Hawaii - Hughes: A+ : I wouldn't have batted an eye if Hughes went in the 2nd but a corner was bound to drop. Nice grab by Hawaii here. Worst case, I think Hughes becomes a solid slot corner.

3.11 - Camden - Sutton: B : Same as Bryan, Sutton might be seen as a steal here but I think this is his range. I think he becomes a solid #2 in the NFL, but a borderline starter in BDL.

3.12 - Orlando - Ronald Jones II: B- : Not a fan of Jones II, but I think he's a good fit in Orlando backfield, complementing Kamara.

3.13 - Ivory Coast - M.Hurst: A : Nice value for Ruskie. Traded down and got a player that would have been solid value at 3.2, while picking up Poe, who will be a nice shortgap starter in case Payne isn't ready. IC had a really weak interior DL before the draft and now has a solid anchors and 2 young guys with upside. Well done.

3.14 - Hawaii - Kirk: A- : This is Kirk range, and I actually like him more than most (maybe that's because I'm a homer). I think he could be a superb slot receiver, which always comes handy in BDL.

3.15 - Camden - Leonard: A- : I didn't expect Leonard to go in the 3rd, but I like him. He could fit well next to Ragland in Camden LB corps.

3.16 - Camden - Michel: A- : Sony Michel could easily have been the 2nd Rb taken in the draft. Nice pick for Camden

• Like 5