BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:

So uh...hi. New guy here....

Wanna explain that?

After the draft, we have two rounds of Preferred Free Agents.  All 16 teams submit a list of players and bcb goes in the draft order giving teams the guys they selected.  Since I will be going 7th, I only need to put in a BB with 7 guys if by some miracle the 6 teams in front of me take my first six guys.

Then we repeat for the second round.  So you send in two BBs.

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

After the draft, we have two rounds of Preferred Free Agents.  All 16 teams submit a list of players and bcb goes in the draft order giving teams the guys they selected.  Since I will be going 7th, I only need to put in a BB with 7 guys if by some miracle the 6 teams in front of me take my first six guys.

Then we repeat for the second round.  So you send in two BBs.

After the nfl draft so you know where all the players went. But other than that it's like waiver claims during the season.

See the lists below round 7 on the speqdsheet for the order.

Really glad I got to address the secondary. Safety position should be solidifed for the future, added good depth at TE, and got multiple offensive weapons for the QB. Heading to FA we can focus on OL/CB and get this team prepared to compete week one.

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Guess I’m done

1.10 Vita Vea

3.4 Taven Bryan

4.5 Sam Hubbard 

5.14 Rasheem Green

5.16 Uchenna Nwosu

7.2 Shaquem Griffin

I really like your draft.  Got some great value for your front 7 which was a big need.

• Like 1

1.6 Sam Darnold
1.12 Josh Allen
1.14 Josh Jackson
4.13 Equanimeous St. Brown

Nothing to add that isn't out there on Darnold & Allen, but if one of them pans out, set at QB at a significant discount for years to come. If both pan out, big return on investment in the future. 

Jackson could be a little faster, but his instincts and ball skills are ridic. Very good in press and comfortable in any situation. 

Horse guy excites me a lot. If Kizer stays at ND, no doubt he puts up something like 1200/10 and is in contention for a 1st round pick. With that said, I still wouldn't be surprised if he went at the back end of the 1st/top of the 2nd. 

Edited by WFLukic

Really glad I got a co-owner about a week before the draft really helped me figure out a few picks and almost land Mayfield.... Oh god I'll never live that down.

2.2 Calvin Ridley,WR, Alabama
2.9 Donte Jackson, CB, LSU
2.10  Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn

Happy to more or less be set at the CB position for the next 4 years I got to add another WR for Dak.  Ridley+Williams should be a dynamic duo for years to come assuming they play up to their talent level. 

Final 2 rounds of draft grades, I will fully admit Ted's are better 

Round 6:

6.1 - Hawaii Nightmares - Chukwuma "Chuks" Okorafor, OT, Western MIchigan - That's a bloody mouthful... F- for the name, B for the pick. B grade. 

6.2 - Ivory Coast Black Rhino - Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Edge, Oklahoma - That's a name that hurts my brain, pronounced "o-BO-ny-uh o-kor-RON-kwo" according to NFL.com. He won big 12 defensive player of the year so he must be a good pick at this juncture, probably. B grade.

6.3 - Singapore Sentinels - Martinas Rankin, OT, Mississippi State - Hell if I know if he's any good, google says he's not but he majored in "Kinesiology" so he might work out. In all seriousness this is a good value pick and Singapore could definitely use the help at OT. B grade.

6.4 - Oklahoma City Red Rockets - Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma - A player from Oklahoma drafted OKC I'm shocked, Solid pick considering Reed is made of glass and Andrews has some decent upside. B+ grade.

6.5 - Seoul Dragons - Kalen Ballage, RB, Arizona State - I mean the dude has a great/horrible name depending on how you read it, no idea who he is and I don't feel like googling it so I'll be neutral here. C+ grade.

6.6 - Rome Eternals - Armani Watts, S ,TAMU - Like the value here and I like Watts as a prospect, shame he's not related to the good Watts. B grade.

6.7 - Berlin Blitzkrieg - Geron Christian, OT, Louisville - Nice to see Berlin addressing their OT issues, never can have enough o-line depth and Geron looks likely to be a solid starter. B grade.

6.8 - Seoul Dragons - Micah Kiser, LB, Virginia  - Eh this about the right range for Kiser and he looks like he'll be a solid LB. B grade.

6.9 - Cuba Smugglers -  Jaylen Samuels, TE/OW NC State - A 5'11" TE". GG wasted pick. D grade.

6.10 - Gotham - Marcel Ateman, WR - Oklahoma St - CBS has him as the 38th player in this draft, I think CBS is on drugs but that's something I guess. B grade.

6.11 - Singapore - "Bo" Duke Ejiofor, DE, Wake Forest - I like Duke as a prospect he's a heck of a rusher and will probably jump the snap count a hell of a lot though. B+ grade.

6.12 - Singapore - "Luke" Duke Dawson, CB, Florida - If only for drafting two players named duke back to back, this deserves a solid grade. B  grade.

6.13 - Wichita - Jamarco Jones OT, Ohio State - It's a shame Jones will probably be counted on as a starting lineman for Wichita at some point. C+ grade.

6.14 - Camden Hood Rats - Harrison Phillips, DT,  Stanford - This man is a freak of nature and should at the very worst be a solid starter/decent BDL backup. A grade.

6.15 - Seoul -  Antonio Callaway, WR, Florida - Get the upside but this dude is a major headcase I wouldn't touch him until the scramble but this is the 6th so upside is what you reach for. C grade.

6.16 - Rome -  CB Anthony Averett, Alabama - Meh rome could use the CB depth sure why not. B grade.

Best Pick: Camden Hood Rats - Harrison Phillips, DT,  Stanford - I'd say Phillips is a steal at this point in the draft.

Actual Worst Pick:  Cuba Smugglers -  Jaylen Samuels, TE/OW NC State - When a player doesn't have a defined position that's usually a really bad thing and Cuba continues to have a yearly obsession with players who will become" weapons" but end up becoming 7th rounders and bust.

Almost Worst Pick: Seoul -  Antonio Callaway, WR, Florida - Callaway is a scramble guy, I mean it's the 6th round and who cares at this point but still feels like a wasted pick.

Round 7:

7.1 - Louisiana Jizz - Trayvon Henderson, SAF, Hawaii - I mean ok sure why not it's the 7th who cares. if the guy is supposed to undrafted IRL. C grade.

7.2 - Leprechauns - Shaquem Griffin LB UCF - Was hoping to trade back in for Griffin at one point in the draft, this is a good pick. B+ grade.

7.3 -  Singapore Sentinels - Mark Walton Jr. RB Miami - SirA'S RB steal of the year dont' know if he'll be as good as last years but we shall see. A grade.

7.4 - Hawaii Nightmarchers - BJ Hill, DT, NC State - He should help keep teams from going downhill on you too much. B grade.

7.5 - Cuba Smugglers - Dorance Armstrong, Edge, Kansas - I don't think he's that good but it's the 7th so screw it why not. B grade.

7.6 - Cuba Smugglers - Ian Thomas, TE, Indiana - Cuba could use an actual TE so this pick makes a ton of sense, shame Thomas kinda sucks as a prospect. C_ grade.

7.7 - Berlin Blitzkrieg - Da'Shawn Hand, DT, Alabama - I really like Hand think he'll be a solid reserve at the next level, B+ grade.

7.8 - Cuba Smugglers -     Derrick Nnadi, NT, Florida State University - Cuba taking an FSU player how shocking, at least it's solid value here and isn't a TE who will end up playing QB. B grade.

7.9 - Cuba Smugglers - Brandon Parker, OT, North Carolina A&T - With Joe Thomas retiring I expected Cuba to go OT earlier but this works. B grade.

7.10 - Gotham Gashslayers - Kemoko Turay, EDGE - Rutgers - According to Jlash he sucks so I'll take his word for it. C- grade.

7.11 - Singapore - Genard Avery, LB Memphis - I can't tell if his name is a typo or his parents actually named him that. B grade.

7,12 - Singapore - DaeSean Hamilton, WR, Penn State - Penn State has a solid recent history of WRs in the NFL, Hamilton could follow in their footsteps. B+ grade.

7,13 - Cuba Smugglers - Matthew Thomas, ILB, FSU - An FSU player....How shocking still props to MD4L for hoarding 7ths and adding cheap depth and homer players. B+ grade.

7.14 - Cuba Smugglers - John Kelly, RB, Tennessee - Never hurts to add depth at RB in the last few rounds especially with Cook's injury, solid pick. B grade.

7.15 - Berlin Blitzkrieg - Tarvarius Moore, S, Southern Mississippi - Given Berlin's safety issues this pick makes sense. B grade.

7.16 - Wichita drafts WR Simmie Cobbs Jr., Indiana - I mean his catch in the gif was damn good, he could work out or like most Hoosiers end up he'll suck. B grade.

Best Pick: 7.3 -  Singapore Sentinels - Mark Walton Jr. RB Miami - SirA drafting a RB in the last 2 rounds, need I say more?

Worst Pick: Wichita 7.16 WR Simmie Cobbs Jr, Indiana-  Drafting Mr.Irrelevant and not actually sending him on a vacation like the real Mr.Irrelevant makes this the truly the worst pick of the draft.

44 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Jaylen Samuels, TE/OW NC State - When a player doesn't have a defined position that's usually a really bad thing and Cuba continues to have a yearly obsession with players who will become" weapons" but end up becoming 7th rounders and bust.

It worked once upon a time with a guy who played for the New England Patriots. He's the only guy like this I've taken since Devon Cajuste in 2016. You were not in the league yet.

Also, Samuels can play. His versatility and plus athleticism generally makes rosters. Matthew Thomas could be a question mark but he posted the top numbers in athletic testing of all LBs at the combine.

Edited by MD4L
  • Like 1