BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

49 minutes ago, Jlash said:
2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Might get some criticism about not looking at receivers

Curtis Samuel is a fine #1 WR.

Don't really care who ends up being the #1, we plan on unleashing Marcus Mariota's full potential by making him the primary read for all pass plays

lol_td.0.gif

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

2.6 Da'Ron Payne, DT, Bama

3.13 Maurice Hurst, DT, Mich

5.2 Nick Chubb, RB, UGA

6.2 Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Edge, OK

3 Downed Jerry Hughes

Added Dontari Poe

Acquired two additional 5ths next year

All in all, I liked my draft. Might get some criticism about not looking at receivers but frankly I don't like this receiving class. Felt I added some good talent and made some moves to help out in the future.

Not looking at your roster or what picks you started with, the value in that draft is pretty outstanding.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Don't really care who ends up being the #1, we plan on unleashing Marcus Mariota's full potential by making him the primary read for all pass plays

lol_td.0.gif

he was past the LoS. To this days it still makes me mad

10 minutes ago, TedLavie said:
49 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

lol_td.0.gif

he was past the LoS. To this days it still makes me mad

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/1/6/16858614/marcus-mariotas-playoff-td-to-himself-titans-chiefs

This is a completely legal play. Just part of Mariota’s foot is behind the line of scrimmage, but that’s all it takes.

As the official explained it, Mariota was sufficiently behind the line of scrimmage and he took the snap in shotgun, so he’s an eligible receiver. That last part isn’t actually true. Because a Chiefs player touched the ball, any Titans player on the field is suddenly an eligible receiver, including Mariota.

foot_right_on_line.jpg

Feel free to remain mad, but he wasn't past the LOS ;)

• Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 1:03 AM, TedLavie said:

R1 Grades

On 12/4/2018 at 11:28 PM, TedLavie said:

R2 Grades

On 13/4/2018 at 10:15 PM, TedLavie said:

R3 Grades

R4 grades

4.1 Seoul - Settle: A- - Same story as before. The pick in itself is fine (always hard to be objectives about my picks), but this pick was made after a series of trade downs from 1.15. To downgrade from Payne to Settle, I basically got Reid, Callaway and Ballage. I feel this was the good strategy.

4.2 Hawaii - Goedert: B - I don't like this TE class very much, but I could see Goedert being the best of the bunch. Solid pick for Hawaii

4.3 Camden - Crosby : D - I'm not a fan of Crosby, I think this was too high a player who is not LT material. Plus Camden traded a 3rd next year to get him. Honestly, I think JLash will end up regretting this move.

4.4 Gotham - Johnson: A - I like Johnson a lot. Honestly, I feel like he's the 2nd best RB in this class. Solid pick by Gotham

4.5 Long Beach - Hubbard: A+ - I think Hubbard is highly underrated. He might not be a star, but I believe he's going to start early and for a long time in the NFL. Good pick for LB who definitely needs some help across Jordan at EDGE. It's an A+ because this picks comes from an earlier trade down from 1.8 to 1.10, both picks which would probably have been used on Vea.

4.6 Orlando - Pettis: C- - Definitely didn't have Pettis on my radar this early. Overall, I think Footsy reached a bit in this draft, which is weird considering the amount of picks he had

4.7 Berlin - Miller: A- - I have my reservations about Miller but there is no doubt this is solid value here. 

4.8 Orlando - Shepherd: B+ - I like Shepherd. He's raw, but Footsy doesn't need him right away, and he has lots of upside. Solid pick for Orlando

4.9 Gotham - Cain: B- - I'm not overly excited about Cain, but this is a decent pick. 

4.10 Cuba - Jefferson: B - I don't think Jefferson is polished enough to play LB in the NFL. We will see if he develops but I think he's a better athlete than football player. Nothing wrong going for upside in the middle of the 4th though

4.11 OKC - Miller: A+ - I really like Miller, and I like that OKC went after 2 wideouts early. Miller is, imho, much better than Cain or Pettis, so great pick by Whicker.

4.12 Camden - Elliott: B - Nothing to say here really. This is the range for Elliott. I believe there was better safeties available but I like the fact that he can play all safety positions since he's meant to be the 3rd safety for Camden

4.13 Louisiana - StBrown: A+ - StBrown has an awesome name but, more importantly, he has all the tools to succeed in the NFL. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he develops into the best WR in this class. Solid pick for Louisina. Plus, the fact they got this pick for an aging Eric Weddle is very smart.

4.14 Singapore - Bates: B+ - I like Bates, this is his range. Solid pick

4.15 Orlando - Warner: C - Nothing against Warner. I don't know if he can be a full time starter for a NFL team, but he can come in on 3rd downs and cover TEs, a role he could have for Orlando. In itself, the pick is a B. But this is the pick Footsy got for 1.2 in addition to 2019 picks. I won't go on about Footsy tactis of accumulating future picks, because it's pretty clear now that he's pushing ahead cap issues, but I believe Footsy would have been better served grabing Rosen at 1.2.

4.16 Rome - Smith: A - Solid value here for Rome with Braden Smith

I won't do R5 to R7 because at this point there are no more reaches imho. Best value picks were:

Lorenzo Carter at 5.6 - He could function well in Berlin scheme, hopefully he gets drafted by the right team

Jamarco Jones at 6.13 - Jones has potential, I thought he would go in the 4th tbh

Harrisson Phillips at 6.14 - Superb pick by JLash here, definitely didn't expect him to go that low

Derrick Nnadi at 7.13

• Like 6

22 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Draft Picks 2018 
1.7 - Tremaine Edmunds
1.15 - Derrius Guice
2.7 - Rashaan Evans
4.7 - Kolton Miller
5.6 - Lorenzo Carter
6.7 - Geron Christian
7.7 - Da'Shawn Hand
7.15 - Tarvarius Moore

Two main goals for this draft were to completely revamp the LB corps and add OL depth, especially at OT.  Think we accomplished both of those goals very well.  Adding a stud RB in Guice was a big need as well.  The 7th round guys were pure BPA.

Oh yeah, almost forgot that I gave up a 5th round pick to get Markus Golden for 3,500/year for 3 years.  Assuming he bounces back from early season ACL surjury, he will be a great 3rd rusher behind Lawrence and Houston.  

Edited by Ragnarok

3 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Rags has the most polarising draft to me. The last 5 picks are great but not a fan of the first 3, although I do like Edmunds as a prospect.

The goal in the draft was to get one of Roquan and Edmunds at 1.7 and one of LVE and Rashaan with 2.7.  Fits the range and LB was a huge need.  But that was our plan all along unless something crazy happened like Saquon falling to 1.7.

You can debate the Guice move.  Had we known that the RBs would fall as far as they did, we might not have made the move.  But we LOVE Guice, the trade value was solid, RB was a need, and we couldn't have guessed RBs would slide the way they did.  Not to mention, Lamar has had some struggles, D'Onta tore his Achilles, and Clement is more of a 3rd down back.  So bell cow was a need.  

After that, we went more BPA, but with a focus on OL depth.