BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

Here's my favorite pick for each team, an honorable mention for favorite pick, and least favorite.

Hawai’i - 
    Best - Roquan Smith - One of the two guys I was targeting at #7, this is very good value and fills a big need.
    Hon. Mention - Mike Hughes - Great value for a player that could go 20 spots higher easily.  
    Worst - Harold Landry - He has upside as a pass rusher, but I seriously doubt his ability to play all 3 downs as he sucks against the run.

Gotham -
    Best - Rashaad Penny - He got exceptional value for a potential franchise back.
    Hon. Mention - Kemoko Turey - I think he can fill a role in the same manner as players taken 40 picks higher.  Great value here.
    Worst - Deon Cain - I just don’t think he ever becomes a relevant WR in BDL.

Long Beach - 
    Best - Taven Bryan - He will go around 16 spots higher and has great upside.  Awesome mix of need and value.
    Hon. Mention - Vita Vea - I almost went Nwosu here as I think he is just a damn good football player, but Vea fits the range and meets a massive need for LB.
    Worst - Sam Hubbard - This is the worst pick only because I had to pick one and I have concerns over Hubbard putting it all together. 

Seoul - 
    Best - Tim Settle - He could easily go half a round higher IRL and fills a big need.
    Hon. Mention - Terrell Edmunds - While not quite as athletic as his brother, he is still a very good football player that can be a SS or LB.
    Worst - Justin Reid - This does fit the range, but I don’t think Reid is ever more than a standard SS which are easy to find.  He could have gotten better value as he took a      comparable player much later in Edmunds.

Cuba - 
    Best - Brandon Parker - He is one of those small college OTs that I think has a legit chance of becoming a franchise LT.  I think he goes much higher than this.
    Hon. Mention - Durance Armstrong Jr - He fell because of this past season when he was the only functional player on his defense.  Cuba took advantage of this.
    Worst - Malik Jefferson - I just don’t think he ever becomes anything special.  I doubt he becomes an NFL starter, much less a BDL starter.

Sydney -
    Best - Carlton Davis - I think he will be the best of their three picks.
    Worst - Donte Jackson - He’s become a bit overrated imo.  Not a big Ridley fan either.

OKC - 
    Best - James Daniels - If there's an interior OL I thought could have a better career than Quenton, it’s Daniels.  Great need and value.
    Hon. Mention - Billy Price/Brian O’Neill - I love both picks.  OKC needed a huge OL revamp and they guaranteed it would happen with these picks.  
    Worst - Mark Andrews - A poor blocker, I don’t think he has the athleticism to overcome that liability.

Rome - 
    Best - Braden Smith - I think Braden goes way higher and he fills a big need.
    Hon. Mention - James Washington - While he has his concerns, he is a great deep ball WR and should go quite a bit higher.
    Worst - Armani Watts - I just don’t know if he has the speed to be anything more than a special teams player.

Orlando - 
    Best - Frank Ragnow - I love Ragnow as a prospect and likely would have taken him for depth if we hadn’t moved for Guice.  Stud in the run game who never gave up a sack.  
    Hon. Mention - Austin Corbett - Another guy we liked, he should go higher in the RL draft  and can play multiple positions.
    Worst - Josh Sweat - Even if you love him, this is a huge reach as no one else was going to take him for at least another round.

Wichita - 
    Best - Jamarca Jones - He has the talent to be a very good RT and Wichita desperately needs OT help.
    Hon. Mention - Quenton Nelson - One of the top three players in the draft, but possibly a bit redundant with Osemele and Feeney on the roster.
    Worst - Arden Key - Yes, it might be solid value considering how talented he is, but how many red flags do you need?  Randy Gregory all over again.

Camden - 
    Best - Harrison Phillips - Arguably the best value of any pick in the draft.  Awesome get.
    Hon. Mention - Isaiah Wynn - They needed OL help and Wynn can play upgrade multiple positions which makes everything easier.  Also, the Sutton pick was fantastic             value.  Michel too.  Probably my favorite draft.
    Worst - Josey Jewell - I personally think he is just another guy, nothing special.

Portland -
    Best - Will Hernandez - Along with Daniels and Nelson, he has a chance to be the best interior OL in this class.  Great value and big time need.

Louisiana -
    Best - Eq. St. Brown - I love his mix of size, athleticism, route running, and hands.
    Hon. Mention - Sam Darnold - Massive need and my #2 QB.
    Worst - Josh Allen - Redundant pick and he has arguably the biggest learning curve of any of the top 5 QBs.

Ivory Coast - 
    Best - Maurice Hurst - If his heart is good, he is a total steal as a penetrating 3T.
    Hon. Mention - Da’Ron Payne - Huge need and he could go a good 8 picks higher IRL.
    Worst - Okoronkbo - Where does he play and does he have the size to be effective?

Singapore -
    Best - Jessie Bates - I love Bates as a center fielding FS.  They are rare.  Great get.
    Hon. Mention - Duke Ejiofor - Better than people think and somewhat of a forgotten man.
    Worst - Genard Avery - I have serious doubts as to whether he ever becomes anything more than a BDL backup.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I don't hate him, I just really question his ability in coverage which is necessary today.

And, he does look a bit like me.

11 pass break ups this year was most among draft eligible LB's. Instincts, dawg.

edit: Also, approve my other trade while you're here.

Edited by Jlash