BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

8 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Considering the status of Lukic's team, I'm having issues approving deals where he gets rid of even more players.

There's a big difference between rebuilding and tanking. Rebuilding I'm fine with. Tanking is purposely trying to lose games. I don't think Lukic is there yet

1 hour ago, DingoLadd said:

Still you have to admit it looks sketchy you're trading away most of your good to great starters for draft picks. I was shocked when you had Dupree for such a low price. 

Especially considering you had a top 3 team last year IMO. 

Is Bud Dupree any good?

1 hour ago, WFLukic said:

Turner I'll admit is a very good player, but availability is the best ability and I fear injury issues are creeping in for him. Maybe the past two years were unlucky, but i'll take the 4th and 6300 in cap.

And conversely, I'll take a 24 year old guard for a mid round pick and hope he's just been unlucky with injuries. 

2 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

The steel best edge rusher and he's only entering his 3rd season and he starts so I'd say yes.

Being the Steelers best edge rusher when the 2nd best was Anthony Chickillo isn't saying a ton. 14 sacks in 3 years. He's not lighting anyone up.

1 hour ago, TedLavie said:

There's a big difference between rebuilding and tanking. Rebuilding I'm fine with. Tanking is purposely trying to lose games. I don't think Lukic is there yet

That's why I have approved them.  But as I said, I felt it needed to be discussed.  Plus, he's been an owner for a long time and deserves the benefit of the doubt.  

17 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

That's why I have approved them.  But as I said, I felt it needed to be discussed.  Plus, he's been an owner for a long time and deserves the benefit of the doubt.  

You were just trying to bring me down. 

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

I build contenders. You should try it.

I wanted to play on hard mode.  Which is why I started with the Chiefs and Dolphins when both sucked.  

Not all of us were gifted Brees or whatever stud QB you got to start.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

I wanted to play on hard mode.  Which is why I started with the Chiefs and Dolphins when both sucked.  

Not all of us were gifted Brees or whatever stud QB you got to start.

I was gifted Joe Flacco and Tim Tebow. Get outtahere with that mess. 

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

Being the Steelers best edge rusher when the 2nd best was Anthony Chickillo isn't saying a ton. 14 sacks in 3 years. He's not lighting anyone up.

1 hour ago, DingoLadd said:

The steel best edge rusher and he's only entering his 3rd season and he starts so I'd say yes.

TJ Watt is. 

1. Dupree is meh - those 14 sacks aren't scaring anyone and at best, even if he does break out this year, he'll be due a big extension the year after so his value to me isn't that great. 
2. Jepg drafted him so in reality, he's trash.