BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Seems odd that you guys would have your rookie draft before the NFL draft.

It's Bizzaro for a reason but we like to do our own scouting on players.

Free Agency starts in late may.

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

The Prescott experiment is over?

From my perspective I don't see Dak playing well this year after the Cowboys got worse on offense, so thus I went after a better QB who helps me win now. Rivers was plan B but I didn't have a good shot at winning that bidding war.

1 minute ago, DingoLadd said:

From my perspective I don't see Dak playing well this year after the Cowboys got worse on offense, so thus I went after a better QB who helps me win now. Rivers was plan B but I didn't have a good shot at winning that bidding war.

Personally, I'd have actually lost the bidding war before making this move, but Ben does give you a good chance so there you go. 

Edited by WFLukic
  • Like 3

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

I get that. But wouldn't part of your scouting be where guys end up? 

We do two rounds of Preferred Free Agency after the draft where teams can get guys that didn't get drafted in BDL and went higher than expected or went to favorite teams.  So we do a little bit of that.  But a lot of the fun is seeing how close you were to the actual value and who got steals or reached based on where guys actually go.  

Makes sense. I just look at guys like Mayfield/Darnold and figure they may be drafted differently if y'all knew who they were gonna play for.

Would Penny fall for playing behind Seattle's awful line? What about Guice and his apparent off field questions that caused him to fall? And I'm sure all the WRs depend on the QB they play with.

Just some questions from an outsider. That's all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Makes sense. I just look at guys like Mayfield/Darnold and figure they may be drafted differently if y'all knew who they were gonna play for.

Would Penny fall for playing behind Seattle's awful line? What about Guice and his apparent off field questions that caused him to fall? And I'm sure all the WRs depend on the QB they play with.

Just some questions from an outsider. That's all.

They probably would.  But that is part of why we do it this way.  It makes the draft so much more fun because you're watching for all of your guys to see where they land.  

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

No worries.

I'm just excited about Jameis taking the Berlin Blitzkrieg to the BizzBowl next year!

I think his last quarter of last season is a real sign of things to come. 

He was really decisive with his reads. He made them quickly. And he didn't force anything. His deep ball was on point. It's like he flipped a switch from before he hurt his shoulder.

He was on a tear until week 17 when he went balls out to get Mike Evans his 1,000 yards. I'm 100% convinced that's why he threw so many INTs to close the season. That game winner against the Saints was as precise as you could ask for.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think his last quarter of last season is a real sign of things to come. 

He was really decisive with his reads. He made them quickly. And he didn't force anything. His deep ball was on point. It's like he flipped a switch from before he hurt his shoulder.

He was on a tear until week 17 when he went balls out to get Mike Evans his 1,000 yards. I'm 100% convinced that's why he threw so many INTs to close the season. That game winner against the Saints was as precise as you could ask for.

That is exactly my thought and my hope as well.  After he came back from the shoulder injury, he was awesome.  Finally showed that elite potential.

And I think I've surrounded him with a very good team.  I do want to see more of Godwin this year though.  I think he will be very, very good.  

7 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

That is exactly my thought and my hope as well.  After he came back from the shoulder injury, he was awesome.  Finally showed that elite potential.

And I think I've surrounded him with a very good team.  I do want to see more of Godwin this year though.  I think he will be very, very good.  

I think Godwin still has a year before he finally breaks out. Evans and DJax should be the top two WRs. Especially if Koetter's serious about finding ways to get DJax the ball other than chucking it deep. And he should.

But we'll see.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think Godwin still has a year before he finally breaks out. Evans and DJax should be the top two WRs. Especially if Koetter's serious about finding ways to get DJax the ball other than chucking it deep. And he should.

But we'll see.

I have DJax too.  Along with Tyreek, Will Fuller, and Golladay.  Just need one to stud out this year for my two TE set.  But if two step up, my offense looks very, very good as I have more flexibility.