BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

12 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

I make a mean ham sandwich @DingoLadd...

I'm sure you do. 

14 hours ago, Jlash said:

giphy.gif

You literally just tried to trade him and give away a 1st round pick with him.

I'd explain the real reason why I did that trade but that would open a whole can of worms. 

I do need help though. @Dingo18287 What's up friend? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Seeing all these different trades go down and trying to figure out the appropriate values for draft picks has me like:

CooperativeQueasyItalianbrownbear-size_r

A lot of the recent ones are what we call 3 Down Trades. Similar to the NBA style salary dumps. Basically you give up some draft position and unload a guy that you don't want that someone else will eventually cut and then it allows you to cut more guys since you are limited to 3 total (non $500 or below) and only one deal can be 3+ years.

Some are worth outright 5th/6th/7th round picks. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Who is your draft crush so far?

I love me some Will Hernandez.

But...if I hadn't signed Brandon Williams last year, Vita Vea would be on my very short list for #7.  I think the Ngata comparison is a good one.  He's still on my short list for #7 based on big board, but NT just isn't a need.

7 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I love me some Will Hernandez.

But...if I hadn't signed Brandon Williams last year, Vita Vea would be on my very short list for #7.  I think the Ngata comparison is a good one.  He's still on my short list for #7 based on big board, but NT just isn't a need.

You are on my big board