BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

43 minutes ago, Jlash said:

No I get that, you listed him at WR and had Coleman as the focus of the run game. That sort of eliminates 1 of his strength's. 

Benched Suh too. But there’s no excuse benching Kamara for a part time player you just traded for.

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

Sometimes people get too cute.

edit: Remember when Blue started DeAndre Hopkins at RB in the playoffs??

You try to think outside of the box so you start a player on top of the box.

Only for the box to collapse in on itself.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Pretty sure the rules require to have the game plan submitted by noon, so I guess without any other avenue I forfeit to @DingoLadd and take my punishment for not submitting a game plan this week.....GD this sucks but no fault but my own for not paying closer attention.

GG man.

True but sometimes stuff happens. You can still submit late just don't take into account the early Sunday games. For instance I submitted late this week yet I didn't start Keke Coutee.

GL @Hockey5djh

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jlash said:

No I get that, you listed him at WR and had Coleman as the focus of the run game. That sort of eliminates 1 of his strength's. 

I get that too...When I started Coleman at running back, it wasn't because I thought he was the better back, it was because my game plan offensively was to run a very aggressive pass first scheme against a defense with an outstanding rush defensive line, that even my opponent keyed on stopping the run that week.  Putting him at receiver rather than behind the quarterback on most of the snaps seemed right to me.  I felt he'd do the most damage away from that defensive front, even figured my opponent would put a linebacker on him (which he did).  It's also worth noting that Alvin Kamara hasn't, at least up until yesterday's game, rushed for more than 66 yards, it might have been even less (46) with the game plan going in before week threes game taking place.  His attempts at the time were extremely low for a starting running back, where Coleman was coming off a 100+ yard game on 16 attempts.  Kamara's attempts have steadily increased, from week 1 to week 4.  Week 1 he got a total of 8 rushing attempts, yet had 9 receptions for 112.  His last two weeks he's now getting the attempts of what you'd consider a start to get (16 and 19).  He finally got over the 100+ yard mark yesterday.

Maybe it was getting too cute, but in my mind all I did was play to his strengths by putting him at receiver in a game that I planned on passing way more than I planned on rushing.  For that reason, I don't believe that I eliminated one of my strengths.  In fact, I believe I played to his strength based on his stats at the time I created the game plan.

@MD4L

Perhaps, I'm looking at it wrong in how I approach my game plan because each week I'm looking at their weekly and accumulated stats from this season to determine my plan, not what they did last year or potentially what they could do.  For this reason alone, is why you didn't see Suh on the field that week.  His stat numbers were low his first two weeks, but these last two weeks his numbers have increased, getting a sack and PD in each of his last.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TedLavie said:

True but sometimes stuff happens. You can still submit late just don't take into account the early Sunday games. For instance I submitted late this week yet I didn't start Keke Coutee.

GL @Hockey5djh

Last week was pretty hectic, didn't even get a chance to start writing the plan until early Sunday morning.  So scatterbrained that I even had the submit times off by an hour.  Not like me because the norm has been starting them on friday and finalizing sat, with a quick check of the injury report to see if any injuries showed up. 

I'll definitely keep this in mind in the future but I just hope I don't have another one of these weeks again.