BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

11 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I consider Ajayi and Howard pretty similar, so essentially Xmad sent over a 5th in order to dump cap space. 

Nah Howard is the superior player, I think. Much more explosive, doesn't have chronic bad knees. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

@DingoLadd @RuskieTitan @Hockey5djh could you check if your rosters are ok. I've changed your team names so I had to reset the pivot tables of the spreadsheet. Should be fine if you notice anything please warn me.

Also love the relocations

Yeah it seems like I'm missing Luke Keuchly, Julio Jones, David Johnson, and Aaron Donald from my roster, feel free to move those back when possible, thanks.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Yeah it seems like I'm missing Luke Keuchly, Julio Jones, David Johnson, and Aaron Donald from my roster, feel free to move those back when possible, thanks.

Von Miller gets no respect in this league

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Whicker said:
4 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Got Mack and Garrett on the edges already mate.

4 hours ago, TedLavie said:

@DingoLadd @RuskieTitan @Hockey5djh could you check if your rosters are ok. I've changed your team names so I had to reset the pivot tables of the spreadsheet. Should be fine if you notice anything please warn me.

Also love the relocations

It's all good.

If anyone else wants to dump their terrible players on me I have a 3+ down available and maybe a second one if we can work out a trade for Bolo tie stud Phillip Rivers.

2 hours ago, Whicker said:

I respect the hell out of Miller, he's the only guy I'm happy with sacking Rivers. 

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/01/nfl-pro-bowl-von-miller-philip-rivers-eric-weddle-chargers-broncos This article is part of the reason.

edit: also holy hell Xmad has mismanaged his cap terribly. Trading four solidish starters just to clear cap is ridiculous. 

Edited by DingoLadd

9 hours ago, pheltzbahr said:

I tried to warn you guys the economics would break down with these measly increases in cap.  Dum dums.

Surely that was obvious since the 32 team NFL (w/ 51 players vs the cap) has a higher salary cap than this 16 team league (w/ 70 players vs the cap)

Simple maths tells you (assuming all teams fill all spots and pay 100% of the cap) that the NFL teams average spend is $3474 per player where BDL its $2429 pp. The biggest problem this league has always had is people voting on economic matters in owners meetings without any working for any proposals ever being shown and a lot of the proposals being brought about by owners wanting a model with most players hitting FA (not a bad thing but true).

People forget that when this league first began the salary cap was $155,000 ($2365 pp) vs NFL $120,600 ($2214 pp).

If there was a CBA there would defo be a holdout coming because you owners have been lining your pockets more and more each year!! :)

PS> This wasn't a knock at anyone and I'm always conscious not to have threads get bogged down too much in 'discussions' or moaning as it can put off potential new peeps. Maybe have 2 threads, one for discussion and one for the 'boring stuff' :P

Edited by Taylor091
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Taylor091 said:

Surely that was obvious since the 32 team NFL (w/ 51 players vs the cap) has a higher salary cap than this 16 team league (w/ 70 players vs the cap)

Simple maths tells you (assuming all teams fill all spots and pay 100% of the cap) that the NFL teams average spend is $3474 per player where BDL its $2429 pp. The biggest problem this league has always had is people voting on economic matters in owners meetings without any working for any proposals ever being shown and a lot of the proposals being brought about by owners wanting a model with most players hitting FA (not a bad thing but true).

People forget that when this league first began the salary cap was $155,000 ($2365 pp) vs NFL $120,600 ($2214 pp).

If there was a CBA there would defo be a holdout coming because you owners have been lining your pockets more and more each year!! :)

PS> This wasn't a knock at anyone and I'm always conscious not to have threads get bogged down too much in 'discussions' or moaning as it can put off potential new peeps. Maybe have 2 threads, one for discussion and one for the 'boring stuff' :P

It's a shame you weren't this insightful when you were actually involved.