BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

ICBR is looking to upgrade the LT position. Can send Eric Fisher as replacement. Looking for contracts with at least 2+ years remaining.

I've got  Garett Bolles on a 2 year deal or Trenton Brown on his last year.  Not interested in Fisher though.

18 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

I am guilty of not providing more input and once I get home this evening I'll provide you a written-out process of the logic behind my vote (like I did with Hockey).

I do agree that the time constraints can be challenging. Mondays we have MNF, and then it feels like Tuesday night is the only time to really get votes in, unless you wake up an hour early like I did in order to read and vote (was exhausted yesterday). Having an additional evening would help out a lot, and allow people to provide lengthier feedback (Have you seen my gameplans? Once I start writing it goes on).

I like the idea of extending the time we have on Wed. Even making the cutoff time at 9pm would help.

18 hours ago, MD4L said:

It was 2:25 AM. I’ve never seen anyone start their lineup with the OL then skill positions.

Sounds like I got hit because you were too tired to read past the first 5 names of my lineup. 

If this was the case, then we really do need to expand the amount of time for voting past Wed. morning.  

4 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

The way I personally view it is the people that are listed as starters will be getting the majority of the snaps, thus they're the starter. I take bench/depth players into account based on how they are used in the game plan. The problem with your Kamara game plan a couple weeks back is as follows:

Those are the only two lines in your game plan. Generally the targets of a 4th WR + 5 carries don't amount to much usage. I would have emphasized the amount of targets you planned on giving him or even listed him as a RB/WR starter in place of Snead or something like that if you planned on using him more than that.

This helps in planning out future game plans...Thanks.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I've got  Garett Bolles on a 2 year deal or Trenton Brown on his last year.  Not interested in Fisher though.

Neither of those guys really move the needle in terms of being an upgrade worth moving a draft pick for.

Some folks praised the ICBR offensive line but noted that the LT is the weakest link. If Fisher was replaced by either of those 2, I'm not sure that people's opinions would change at all from that perspective. 

Part of the reason we asked for 2+ year deal is because we would want a long term solution at LT that wouldn't require a 3 up at the end of the year as we already have players we would like to retain and pay.

16 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

I'm still amazed that deal was approved, I've given up a 1st and 3rd for multiple starting QBs (Rivers and Dak) plus the trade for Ben with two very good starters getting sent to Singapore. Quality starting QBs in BDL are not cheap and that Mahomes deal is probably the worst value wise I've seen.

Oh and if you need players don't be afraid to @ me with the trade deadline coming up.

That's fine man...you don't agree with the deal, as many of you don't.

I got a first round pick in TJ Watt, that is currently tied for first place in sacks this season.  Included in that deal was a top 2nd round pick in Ogbah, who put up decent numbers when in a 34 defense, which is what I'm running in BDL.  

If Mahomes continues his performances that he has had in his first 3 games, then yes I concede that I got the bad end of the deal.  If he continues to play like he did his previous two games, then I believe I would have gotten the better deal.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Sounds like I got hit because you were too tired to read past the first 5 names of my lineup. 

If this was the case, then we really do need to expand the amount of time for voting past Wed. morning.  

No, I found the players listed. I usually read the road teams offensive lineups/writeup then the home defensive lineups/writeup before switching to home team offensive lineup/writeup and road defensive lineup/writeup. From there my opinion is summed up.

Thats why you’ll usually see paragraph writeups as I finalize a vote on who would win. OKC/Orlando was the final game I voted on.

5 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Neither of those guys really move the needle in terms of being an upgrade worth moving a draft pick for.

Some folks praised the ICBR offensive line but noted that the LT is the weakest link. If Fisher was replaced by either of those 2, I'm not sure that people's opinions would change at all from that perspective. 

Part of the reason we asked for 2+ year deal is because we would want a long term solution at LT that wouldn't require a 3 up at the end of the year as we already have players we would like to retain and pay.

I hear you.  Personally, I don't think you need to stress it.  Sure Fisher isn't an elite LT but he's starting at least and at his correct position.

Week 5 Standings

Ranking Team Division Wins Loss Tie Pts For Pts Against Net Points Div. Wins Conf. Wins
1 Oklahoma City EF5s West 5 0 0 49 24 25 2 3
2 Rome Eternals Atlantic 4 1 0 62 15 47 2 2
3 Orlando Ospreys East 4 1 0 43 30 13 2 2
4 Gotham Gashslayers East 3 1 1 40 36 4 2 1
5 Louisiana Jazz West 3 1 1 46 33 13 1 2
6 Long Beach Leprechauns West 3 2 0 42 32 10 1 2
7 Seoul Dragons Pacific 2 2 1 44 31 13 1 1
8 Singapore Sentinels Pacific 2 2 1 40 40 0 1 1
9 Camden Hood Rats East 2 2 1 36 37 -1 0 2
10 Hawaii Nightmarchers Pacific 2 3 0 36 39 -3 1 1
11 Ivory Coast Black Rhinos Atlantic 2 3 0 36 43 -7 1 1
12 Berlin Blitzkrieg Atlantic 2 3 0 34 43 -9 1 1
13 Cuba Smugglers Atlantic 2 3 0 35 38 -3 0 2
14 Sydney Dingos East 1 4 0 36 41 -5 0 1
15 Portland Horned Owls Pacific 0 4 1 14 65 -51 0 0
16 Wichita Woodpeckers West 0 5 0 14 60 -46 0 0

Div. Rank East Division Wins Loss Tie Pts For Pts Against Net Points Div. Wins Conf. Wins
1 Orlando Ospreys East 4 1 0 43 30 13 2 2
2 Gotham Gashslayers East 3 1 1 40 36 4 2 1
3 Camden Hood Rats East 2 2 1 36 37 -1 0 2
4 Sydney Dingos East 1 4 0 36 41 -5 0 1

Div. Rank Atlantic Division Wins Loss Tie Pts For Pts Against Net Points Div. Wins Conf. Wins
1 Rome Eternals Atlantic 4 1 0 62 15 47 2 2
2 Ivory Coast Black Rhinos Atlantic 2 3 0 36 43 -7 1 1
3 Berlin Blitzkrieg Atlantic 2 3 0 34 43 -9 1 1
4 Cuba Smugglers Atlantic 2 3 0 35 38 -3 0 2

Div. Rank Pacific Division Wins Loss Tie Pts For Pts Against Net Points Div. Wins Conf. Wins
1 Seoul Dragons Pacific 2 2 1 44 31 13 1 1
2 Singapore Sentinels Pacific 2 2 1 40 40 0 1 1
3 Hawaii Nightmarchers Pacific 2 3 0 36 39 -3 1 1
4 Portland Horned Owls Pacific 0 4 1 14 65 -51 0 0

Div. Rank West Division Wins Loss Tie Pts For Pts Against Net Points Div. Wins Conf. Wins
1 Oklahoma City EF5s West 5 0 0 49 24 25 2 3
2 Louisiana Jazz West 3 1 1 46 33 13 1 2
3 Long Beach Leprechauns West 3 2 0 42 32 10 1 2
4 Wichita Woodpeckers West 0 5 0 14 60 -46 0 0
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Counselor said:

You know what would be a fun exercise? Position Group rankings of all the teams in BDL

Myself and @Ragnarok are currently working on something, that is strictly stat based.  Unfortunately it will not contain Offensive lineman because their stats are recorded.

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 2