BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

20 hours ago, Jlash said:

staaaaaaaaaaahp. YOU needed a years notice. No one else. When topics are brought up, there is unlimited time to read into/discuss each one when it's brought up. It's not like we put a timer on the topics. I tagged everyone probably a week or more in advance to let them know the owners meetings would be taking place, and for the most part the participation was as high as we could ask it to be.

If owners chose not to get involved, then they can't complain about changes they don't like. Don't vote, don't complain. General rule in the democratic process. 

Don't be the annual MIA member of the league, quit, then pop in and criticize whenever you can. Sorry to be snappy about this, but you were always the guy with a great roster who would disappear for weeks at a time and auto-lose multiple games, then cry at the end of the year at why you had a great roster but couldn't ever crack the playoffs like it was everyone else's fault and there was some sort of voting bias. 

Eprg8.gif 

I actually agree with Taylor. I work for a school district and am a vice president for a housing corporation and nearly everything is planned months in advanced in reference to important dates. The proposals in advance would also be a good thing. 

1 hour ago, PR said:

I actually agree with Taylor. I work for a school district and am a vice president for a housing corporation and nearly everything is planned months in advanced in reference to important dates. The proposals in advance would also be a good thing. 

No one is prohibited from bringing up and discussing topics at ANY time is what I'm saying. And when we're voting and discussing, there's no timetable. Stop acting like we put a 24 hour deadline on things. 

You're another one that's around less than most of us. Sounds like a you problem. 

Eprg8.gif

Edited by Jlash

17 minutes ago, Jlash said:

No one is prohibited from bringing up and discussing topics at ANY time is what I'm saying. And when we're voting and discussing, there's no timetable. Stop acting like we put a 24 hour deadline on things. 

You're another one that's around less than most of us. Sounds like a you problem. 

Eprg8.gif

I voted every issue in the owners meeting. I am not "acting" like there is a 24 hour limit. I just agreed that both proposals have merit. Whether I'm around frequently or not does not detract from the fact both proposals made by Taylor are efficient and should be considered.

Also the last line of your post is showing you may be taking this too personally as I don't think my post merited that type of response from you.

Edited by PR
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, PR said:

I voted every issue in the owners meeting. I am not "acting" like there is a 24 hour limit. I just agreed that both proposals have merit. Whether I'm around frequently or not does not detract from the fact both proposals made by Taylor are efficient and should be considered.

Also the last line of your post is showing you may be taking this too personally as I don't think my post merited that type of response from you.

Taylor's whole premise was that we rush people into making decisions on topics and that people are uniformed and make bad decisions because of it. And that's not the case even in the slightest. 

Your point was that your jobs plan things months in advance. That's really cool. 

I don't think planning things months in advance have an effect on issues that come up during the process. What would the difference have been if I told everyone a year in advance about the owners meeting in reference to the cap issues? We had cap discussions. We had proposals. We had votes. We made a decision. Now, once RL FA has begun and poor BDL cap management issues have started to bring to light some things after the fact. How would me letting everyone know a year in advance have made that different? 

3 hours ago, PR said:

And Softball.  Don't forget softball.  Ever.

11 hours ago, Jlash said:

Taylor's whole premise was that we rush people into making decisions on topics and that people are uniformed and make bad decisions because of it. And that's not the case even in the slightest. 

Your point was that your jobs plan things months in advance. That's really cool. 

I don't think planning things months in advance have an effect on issues that come up during the process. What would the difference have been if I told everyone a year in advance about the owners meeting in reference to the cap issues? We had cap discussions. We had proposals. We had votes. We made a decision. Now, once RL FA has begun and poor BDL cap management issues have started to bring to light some things after the fact. How would me letting everyone know a year in advance have made that different? 

I'm not proposing posting issues a year in advance. Proposing the actual scheduled week of owners meetings though months in advance would be prudent.

Posting the proposed issues of owners meetings one week in advance of meeting would also provide greatvprocessing time for our members as well as give members that time period to come up with alternatives PRIOR to open discussion.

I believe both proposals would be beneficial.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pheltzbahr said:

And Softball.  Don't forget softball.  Ever.

Shouldn't be an issue anymore. A couple of my buddies retired from Mens so I gave up the early Sunday Mens league. Now I only play Sunday night coed :)

12 hours ago, PR said:

Posting the proposed issues of owners meetings one week in advance of meeting would also provide greatvprocessing time for our members as well as give members that time period to come up with alternatives PRIOR to open discussion.

edit: We're just going in circles here.

Edited by Jlash