BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:32 AM, Hockey5djh said:

In Taylor and PR's defense slightly.... I do feel like the owners meeting was more voting than discussing. Most of the time a majority was reached before anyone had the ability to bring up any information or have an intelligent discussion (point in case, the yearly cap raise was already passed before Pheltz was able to bring up his issues with it). I think that if the Owners meeting had the same date each year similar to the FA dates and the draft date and all the items to be discussed and voted on were posted a week prior it would give everyone ample time to review and discuss each point before voting actually happened.

Bump bcause this got paged and not addressed...

14 hours ago, SirA1 said:

@Jlash @RuskieTitan

Here you go not updated from last year yet but should suffice.

2017 Free Agency (Starts June 5th)
- Free Agent Deals and Restructures can range from 2 to 6 years.
- If a multiple year contract the lowest yearly salary is $501
- In FA a player will continue to be bid on until 48 hours has elapsed from the previous bid. The initial bid has to be within the week of that position groups free agency period. Any bid on a player has to maintain a 40% basis of their real life salary

- The 2017 FA Schedule (on a rotating basis)

1. DB/DL/LB - Defense Week
2. RB/TE/WR - Skill Players Week

3. OL/QB - The Essentials Week

If an offer stands for 48 hours without a new bid then that player will automatically be signed by the winning team and locked on to your roster for the current year. You cannot take a bid back so please bid accordingly and make sure you have the cap space. Please try not to edit your posts as we will be using the timestamp for bid verification. If you do edit your edit time will be the official start time of the bid.

The League Minimum is $501 per year. In FA a player will continue to be bid on until 48 hours has elapsed from the previous bid. The initial bid has to be within the week of that position groups free agency period. Any bid on a player has to maintain a 40% basis of their real life salary

Any bids on FA players must be a minimum of 2 years.
Bids must follow FA rules.
To be a 4 year contract, salary has to be greater than $1,500
To be a 5 year contract, salary has to be greater than $2,000
To be a 6 year contract, salary has to be greater than $2,500

For contract totals that are $5,000 and under the current offer needs to be beaten by at least $250.
For contract greater than or equal to $5,000 but less than $10,000 the current offer needs to be beaten by at least $500.
For contracts greater than or equal to $10,000 but less than $20,000 the current offer needs to be beaten by at least $1,000
Contracts greater than or equal to $20,000 the current offer must be beaten by $2,000

For every extra year added you must add at least 60% of the leading bids salary to the total contract size. When decreasing the years for every year taken off you add 60% of the average contract size of the year lost to the contract size for the number of years you want

@Jlash can we post these on the front page with the rest of the rules?

Also note: These rules don't address Ruskies question of what counts as the higher bid, more money per year, or higher total contract amount.

19 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

So if a RFA got a bid placed, we have to outbid the yearly amount, or the full contract amount?

How much weight do contract years carry compared to pure cap hit? Is (example) it better to receive 4 years / $4000 per (16000 total) or 3 years / $5000 per (higher per year but less total, 15000)?

1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:

Also note: These rules don't address Ruskies question of what counts as the higher bid, more money per year, or higher total contract amount.

They do. It explains what needs to be done to the salary in relation to the overall contract size when adjusting years, and states how much you need to outbid by when contracts reach a certain size.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Bump bcause this got paged and not addressed...

I think that is a fine idea.  Issues for the owner's meeting could also be placed in the google doc as they arise during the season so everyone knows what will be addressed.

After the draft and FA, we have a lull, so we can get that put in.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

They do. It explains what needs to be done to the salary in relation to the overall contract size when adjusting years, and states how much you need to outbid by when contracts reach a certain size.

For every extra year added you must add at least 60% of the leading bids salary to the total contract size. When decreasing the years for every year taken off you add 60% of the average contract size of the year lost to the contract size for the number of years you want

So the bolded rule was clearly made by someone better with numbers than I am. In your example (4k/4 years/16k total or 5k/3 years/15k total) who's bid is considered better?

30 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:
37 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

So the bolded rule was clearly made by someone better with numbers than I am. In your example (4k/4 years/16k total or 5k/3 years/15k total) who's bid is considered better?

As I understood it, if the initial bid was 4k/4 years / 16000 total, then to drop it to 3 years the salary would have to be 2400 more for the total contract, or 6133.33k/3 years / 18400 total.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by RuskieTitan

7 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I think that is a fine idea.  Issues for the owner's meeting could also be placed in the google doc as they arise during the season so everyone knows what will be addressed.

After the draft and FA, we have a lull, so we can get that put in.

Huzzah

• Like 1