BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

I would love for 10 INT guys to go in the first 2 rounds. Talent would be there for sure in the early 3rd.

I'll probably take a Safety early like I normaly do. The 3 safety nickel is the future.

I've started adding guys to the big board as of last week. About 30 so far. You've guven me about 40 more guys to look into thanks.

• Like 1

I've been looking at a bunch of these type threads on the NFL team threads and thought it would be a fun look in BDL terms.  

Early Look at the 2019 Singapore Off-season

2019 Pending Free Agents
QB Jimmy Garoppolo - 3 Up Franchise QB. No Brainer.
QB Nick Mullens - ERFA+ Handcuff Insurance w/starting experience
QB Jacoby Brissett - RFA+ Probably worth a 7th tender as he has starter experience
QB Ryan Tannehill - 2018 Insurance flop. Not a BDL starter.
RB Le’Veon Bell - BDL’s most expensive rapper. Will play elsewhere in 2019.
WR David Moore - ERFA+ Surprising performance deserving of a WR3/4 in BDL.
WR Brandon Zylstra - ERFA- Tank Gamble that hasn’t paid off.
TE Tyler Higbee - RFA+ Solid TE Blocker with upside. Scored twice since I traded for him.
OT La’el Collins - Deadline Depth signing. Heading back to the FA pool.
OT Donovan Smith - Deadline Depth signing. Heading back to the FA pool.
OG Joshua Garnett - RFA- Traded to hedge my bets on being a RL starter didn’t happen.
OG Mark Glowinski II - Deadline depth that proved worthy. FA Pool. 
OC Will Clapp - ERFA+ Future starter once Unger retires. OG Flexibility.
Edge Kentavius Street - ERFA+ Redshirt in ‘18 but enters '19 with opportunities.
Edge Stephen Weatherly - RFA+ Handcuff for both my starters and fills the Brian Robison role.
Int Aaron Donald - 3 Up Best Defensive player in the league. No Brainer.
Int Jonathan Franklin-Myers - ERFA Inside/Outside versatility with opportunities. 
Int Jalyn Holmes - ERFA- Inside/Outside versatility without opportunities.
Int Bilal Nichols - ERFA+ Shown flashes as a rookie. Pure depth but could see starts in a 3-4 look.
LB Jon Bostic - Early IR Waiver claim that panned out big time. FA Pool.
LB Deion Jones - RFA+ Elite LB worthy of a 1st round tender. We remember Bobby Wagner.
LB Eric Kendricks - Depth Trade that is not worth the salary. FA Pool but likely Shark Tank add.
CB Holton Hill - ERFA+ High quality rookie that stepped up when called on.
CB Jalen Mills - RFA- Could probably keep for min deal but will likely be a Shark tank add.
CB Isaac Yiadom - ERFA Hasn’t done much but will have opportunities in '19.
S Quandre Diggs - Solid Safety that helped bridge a few guys this year. FA Pool.
S Tracy Walker - ERFA+ Glover Quin’s replacement manning the Duron Harmon role until then.

Key
ERFA+ Likely to be resigned.
ERFA Could be resigned
ERFA- Unlikely to be resigned.
RFA+ Likely to be offered.
RFA- Unlikely to be offered.    

2019 Cuts - $31,000 in cap savings

QB Derek Carr - 3 Down because he doesn't deserve the money. Traded for as a stop gap this year but it didn't work out. As a bonus I was able to dump a ton of bad deals in that trade to set up 2019 nicely.
CB Jason Verrett - FA Signing that didn’t pan out. Hasn’t played in 2 years so an easy cut on Jan 2nd.

Pretty much keeping my 2018 team intact while cutting the chaff. 

I'm likely going to wait until the RFA deadline to make any decisions.

Also I would recommend waiting until after the NFL draft at least to make any decisions on ERFA's as we have until right before FA to make those decisions and sometimes the draft can effect depth charts.

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 5

39 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

INT is more impactful, plus you really need at least 3 good ones in BDL.

I'm planning to cut Vernon, FA cut Bryant (who will be a FA again so I can wipe his contract this season) and dont plan on renewing Brown. I dont think a depth DT is a high priority with the #2 pick in the draft.

9 minutes ago, PR said:

I'm planning to cut Vernon, FA cut Bryant (who will be a FA again so I can wipe his contract this season) and dont plan on renewing Brown. I dont think a depth DT is a high priority with the #2 pick in the draft.

So then the question becomes which CB will you take?  Unless you really like AJ Brown.

49 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

So then the question becomes which CB will you take?  Unless you really like AJ Brown.

It's a real toss up between Williams and Baker for the top CB of this class.