BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

While I did take over the team at some point last year, I really feel like next offseason is when I can make the real imprint on the roster. Set myself up to shed a lot of the roster, have a couple of 3 down candidates, and even with some big 3-ups on the horizon I feel like theres an opportunity to make several bigger FA acquisitions. I totally understand the WR mocks in the first, but I dont think I need to marry myself to a specific position need. Would rather let the draft come to me than reach on a player.

• Like 2

Week 11 Game Hosting

Send to @Whicker

Orlando Ospreys @ Sydney Dingos
Camden Hood Rats @ Gotham Gashslayers

Long Beach Leprechauns @ Louisiana Jazz
Rome Eternals @ Berlin Blitzkrieg

Send to @ny92mike

Wichita Woodpeckers @ Oklahoma City EF5s

Cuba Smugglers @ Ivory Coast Black Rhinos
Singapore Sentinels @ Portland Horned Owls
Seoul Dragons @ Hawaii Nightmarchers

@Jlash @PR @Counselor @MD4L @bcb1213 @Hockey5djh @SirA1 @WFLukic @pheltzbahr @DingoLadd @Ragnarok @RuskieTitan @TedLavie @SwoleXmad

• Like 3

Early Look at the 2019 Louisiana Off-season

2019 Pending Free Agents
RB James White - Elite back in the passing game and great complement to Elliott. Possible 3UP. 
RB Alfred Morris - Probably his last season on a BDL roster. 
RB Nyheim Hines - ERFA+ Made an impact as a rookie and could develop into a Sproles-like player. 
WR Tyler Lockett - Excellent as a no.3 WR but can't justify the price tag. Heading to FA.
WR Damion Ratley - ERFA Has a few weeks to make an impact after looking like he was breaking out. 
WR Ryan Grant - Heading to FA, meh slot receiver who has injury issues. 
TE Jared Cook - Reasonable 3UP price and with Ertz would provide an elite 2-TE tandem. Decent chance of being retained. 
TE Chris Herndon - ERFA+ Already starter quality in the NFL, with huge potential as a receiver. No brainer. 
TE Virgil Green - Like Morris, this is probably his last year on a BDL roster. 
TE Jordan Thomas - ERFA Proving to be a solid endzone threat and has size to become a +level blocker, but also very raw. 
OT Riley Reiff - One year tank rental, too expensive to 3UP. 
OT Russell Okung - As above
OT Jared Veldheer - As above
OT Bobby Massie - As above
OT Jordan Mailata - ERFA+ Learning from Johnson and Peters, and projected future LT for the Eagles.
OT Joseph Noteboom - ERFA+ Learning from Whitworth, and projected future LT for the Rams. 
OG TJ Lang - Will enter FA if he doesn't retire. 
OG Justin McCray - Tank signing but now a backup. Entering FA. 
OG Amini Silatolu - As above.
OC Ryan Jensen - Tank signing who's held down the fort at C, but will return to FA
OC Matt Skura - RFA- Could be retained for depth as RFA, but likely cheaper in tank.
OC Dan Kilgore - Injured and will enter FA. 
Edge Randy Gregory - RFA- Will require a huge end of season to earn a tender. 
Edge Vinny Curry - Good depth as a tank pickup, but not worth the 3UP.
Edge Dee Ford - At best, he's tagged, at worst a mega-extension. Either way, likely testing FA.
Edge Jordan Jenkins - RFA- Depth player, not worth the 7th round tender. 
Int Jurrell Casey - May be retained with discounted 3UP available, but unlikely given draft capital in INT rich draft class. 
Int Adam Gotsis - RFA- Solid BDL depth, but can likely be retained for cheaper than tender. 
LB Vontaze Burfict - Between injuries and suspension, can't justify 3UP. Re-enters FA.
LB Todd Davis - Playing well and is fringe starter quality in BDL, but would be an expensive backup to 3Up. 
LB Mason Foster - Tank depth signing who'll return to FA.
LB Foyesade Oluokun - ERFA+ Interested to see what his role if with Jones back, possible starter next year so will probably be kept. 
CB Byron Maxwell - Lol.
CB Orlando Scandrick - Waiver depth claim, back to FA. 
CB Christian Campbell - Lol. 
CB JC Jackson - ERFA Has played a decent amount of snaps for an undrafted rookie, could be #4 CB next year for the Pats.
CB Greg Stroman - ERFA+ Playing significant snaps as a 7th round rookie and starting to improve, potential starter in Washington going forward.
S Tre Boston - Good deep safety, may be a 3Up candidate depending on IRL contract. 
S Darian Stewart - Sucks and old. Bye. 

Key
ERFA+ Likely to be resigned.
ERFA Could be resigned
ERFA- Unlikely to be resigned.
RFA+ Likely to be offered.
RFA- Unlikely to be offered.    

2019 Cuts - approx. $7,500 in cap savings

WR Ardarius Stewart - PFA Scramble guy from 2 years ago who is an IRL FA now. Bye. 
TE Julius Thomas - Roster locked presently, but retired this season. 
OG Brandon Fusco - Expensive back up G, would be better served with a tank option. 
DE John Simon - Doesn't play and is quite expensive. 
CB Vontae Davis - Roster locked but walked out at halftime week 2. lol. 
CB Corn Elder - I'm not actually sure he's a football player at this point.

Fortunate position to be in this offseason as we're obviously a win-now team with Brady, but also have a load of capital early in the draft meaning we can both draft for the future but pick guys that can immediately contribute too. Future of the team hinges on Darnold and Allen more than anything else - if one can break-out and become a franchise QB, Louisiana moves from powerhouse to dynasty. 

In any case, with a mix of promising youth and vets in or entering their prime, next year should be another year of competing for the title and the real questions will start to come in 2020.

Edited by WFLukic
  • Like 3

Nice summary Lukic,

I've been sick at home the last two days so have started working on my draft board. 

With Rags list plus a few YouTube videos I went from 30 Prospects to 80 in that time.

This should be a different draft for sure.

• Like 2