BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

9 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Semi serious question....do you guys really weigh week to week IRL performance that much?

Depends on the game and position and the nature of the player, if say Tyron Smith gave up 3 sacks that day I'll more or less write it off. If *insert young QB here* has a terrible/great performance I'll slide it in favor of that team. 

For defense outside of massive games from pass rushers I treat them as how they've played for most of the season.

• Like 1

Who's keeping track of the voting/commenting penalties in the spreadsheet? I did the first three weeks so I'd like to know how many weeks I have to go back this weekend to do it.

I'll take my warning this week for no vote / no comment. Y'all feel free to ping me if there's a close game/tie I need to vote on, I'll try to do it

@SirA1

I'd like to add the following proposal to the end of season discussion.

I believe this process could potentially save us several hours of time while providing some structure to the game plans.

Some additional benefits of tracking this using forms and docs is that would allow owners to quickly see what the teams formations are week to week, which players have been starting, hence providing a quick way of scouting your opponent when working on your own game plan for the week, as this in the current state takes me awhile to do.

If we can use the forms that require a sign in, it would allow for editing of the form upto the deadline to have it submitted.

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Who's keeping track of the voting/commenting penalties in the spreadsheet? I did the first three weeks so I'd like to know how many weeks I have to go back this weekend to do it.

I'll take my warning this week for no vote / no comment. Y'all feel free to ping me if there's a close game/tie I need to vote on, I'll try to do it

oh crap...you guys are tracking this...haha.

I probably got some fines coming my way then over the last couple weeks.

19 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Not going to win again this season. Noted.

You have a couple winnable games left on the schedule. 

But I'm going to ask a serious question. At any point are you willing to admit that maybe your team isn't at good as you think it is? 

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

You have a couple winnable games left on the schedule. 

But I'm going to ask a serious question. At any point are you willing to admit that maybe your team isn't at good as you think it is? 

This team is not good. I take responsibility for that.