BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

Wells should I bother posting it or are we gonna get yelled at again? 

I don't know. Maybe don't discuss trades made out of spite in the main thread. Thinking out loud.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

I don't know. Maybe don't discuss trades made out of spite in the main thread. Thinking out loud.

I don't think it's out of spite for either of us tbh.  Dingo is just trying to get something for a pick he's losing anyhow 

• Like 1

Lol if that trade affected anyone but Orlando it would have been killed as soon as it was posted.

personally I think a trade of an RFA pick after an offer has been made is a bit of a d**k move but I can see the value of doing it (maybe a new rule to be considered that once RFA offer made its ‘locked’ while leading bid). But this case there is no tangible benefit to Dingo (and negatively impacts another owner unfairly) so it should be nixed.

that said I don’t think it’s collusion. Bcb is taking a favourable offer, as any owner would. Dingo, I believe, just got too caught up in the joke and is just trying to back something he knows he shouldn’t have done. Not the first time an owner has acted on impulse and won’t be the last. Hopefully it’ll just be a bit of an education moment for everyone to consider things and how they affect other owners and the rest of the league before making moves/offers.

• Like 1

Well the counter argument is that if Dingo genuinely thinks he'll do better than Bcb next year, he's gained some value. 

Dingo's 3.12 is worth the same as 3.16 to him given he's relinquishing it no matter what. Literally any positive value for him is sufficient for him to trade it. 

• Like 2

Yeah but as a starting point going for a 50/50 gamble at best? Why not say 7.6 for 6.16 or a 7th for 6th next year, looking at the roster everyone can see dingo is heading for a top 3 pick next year. 

dingo already showed earlier in the offseason (Peters trade) he doesn’t fully think through offers and this is just another case. It is the reason for the trade committee to stop any real damage being done while letting the owners learn from bad trade decisions.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Taylor091 said:

everyone can see dingo is heading for a top 3 pick next year. 

@DingoLadd

Eprg8.gif

Edit: And looking at Dingo's roster, it's pretty good. He just needs to add some talent to the WR corps and an edge presence. 

Edited by Jlash
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

I don't think it's out of spite for either of us tbh.  Dingo is just trying to get something for a pick he's losing anyhow 

He's moving down to take what is very likely to end up being a worse pick than he had. Don't piss on us and call it rain.

• Like 1

Edge Markus Golden- 5th round / *WINNING BID* Berlin Bids Markus Golden - 3 years 10.5k (3.5k/year) 

@SkunkApes you have until Sunday at 2:10 pm EST to decide if you want to match the contract or take the pick compensation.

Edited by Jlash
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, SkunkApes said:

He's moving down to take what is very likely to end up being a worse pick than he had. Don't piss on us and call it rain.

He's doing it because of the situation, not because it's you is what I'm saying 

• Like 1

Updated Louisiana Jazz Trade Block:

S - Eric Weddle - 6th
S - Reshad Jones - 6th
Edge - Cameron Wake - 6th
INT - Jurrell Casey - 3rd
TE - Eric Ebron - 6th 

All available for 2019 picks.

Edited by WFLukic
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Taylor091 said:

Yeah but as a starting point going for a 50/50 gamble at best? Why not say 7.6 for 6.16 or a 7th for 6th next year, looking at the roster everyone can see dingo is heading for a top 3 pick next year. 

dingo already showed earlier in the offseason (Peters trade) he doesn’t fully think through offers and this is just another case. It is the reason for the trade committee to stop any real damage being done while letting the owners learn from bad trade decisions.

If I end up with a top 3 pick something went horribly wrong Most likely with Prescott.  

I'll admit the last trade was more of a "Screw it why not" thing more than it actually benefited me but ehhh worth it.

10 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

He's doing it because of the situation, not because it's you is what I'm saying 

This, I'll be the first to admit I probably shouldn't have done it but there's no explicit rule against it (That should be fixed in the next owners meeting) So you have my apologies @SkunkApes

But we both know you'd probably do the same thing so. 

• Like 1