BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

Here's a 3 round mock.  If I screwed something up, have a drink and get over it.

Round 1

Hawaii – Saquon Barkley, RB – With no stud RB on the roster, this is a no brainer. 
Orlando – Quenton Nelson, OG – He has Boling who is solid and Lamp who is unproven.  Nelson is an elite prospect and an immediate upgrade over either OG he has.
OKC – Roquan Smith, LB – This is early for Smith, but OKC needs a stud cover LB to pair with Hendricks and Roquan can cover any RB in BDL. 
Wichita – Bradley Chubb, Edge – Yes, they have Olivier and Graham, but every team needs a third pass rusher and Chubb is clearly BPA.
Camden – Sam Darnold, QB – Brissett is the only QB he has on his roster and Darnold is a future franchise QB.  Camden benefits from BDL waiting on QBs.
Sydney – Denzel Ward, CB – They only have Ryan and Peters signed after this year and Ward would fit in perfectly here as a #2 with Peters as the #1 and Ryan in the slot.
Berlin – Derwin James, S – I love James and could use a 3rd safety.  Berry was hurt, Gipson is a pure FS, and Haha had a down year.  James gives me flexibility to adapt regardless of which direction I go.
Long Beach – Vita Vea, DT – LB desperately needs a big, dominant presence inside with only one DT on the roster after this year and Vea is a perfect fit to clog up the middle.
Orlando – Tremaine Edmunds, LB – They could get cheaper, younger, and bigger at LB and Edmunds is a stud LB.  He could fill multiple roles for Orlando.
Gotham – Calvin Ridley, WR – WR is a huge need and Ridley is an impeccable route runner.
Hawaii – Minkah Fitzpatrick, S – Hawaii doesn’t have a player capable of being a FS so they go BPA here and get a great fit.
Orlando – Josh Rosen, QB – We all know footsy loves UCLA and Rosen is too good of value to pass up.
Cuba – Marcus Davenport, Edge – Cuba has two players on the edge under contract after this year and Davenport is a perfect fit to replace anyone after this year.
OKC – Da’Ron Payne, DT – They have two players under contract on the interior after this year and Payne would be a brilliant fit next to Cam Heyward.
Seoul – Taven Bryan, DT – They have no one under contract on the interior after this season and Bryan would be a great fit next to either McCoy or Atkins.
Rome – Courtland Sutton, WR – Amari and Juju look great, but pairing those two with Courtland on the outside would make for an awesome WR group.  Courtland is my favorite WR in this class easily.

Round 2

Orlando – Derrius Guice, RB – Kamara is a stud, but Guice would be a perfect pairing with Kamara to give that physical inside presence.
Ivory Coast – Billy Price, OC – Zuttah is their only OC and Price would be an upgrade.
Orlando – Rashaan Evans, LB – He and Tremaine would pair up to be an elite LB combo for years to come and let Orlando drop a ton of cap.
Gotham – Joshua Jackson, CB – He would be a perfect fit across from Norman and give Gotham a size CB with Lewis in the slot.
Camden – Mike McGlinchey, OT – A New RT is a huge need and McGlinchey would be a great RT to pair with Decker.
Sydney – Josh Allen, QB – Dak is the only good QB on the roster and a backup is needed.
Berlin – Sony Michel, RB – I love him and he would be perfect to pair with D’Onta and Corey Clement.
Cuba – Donte Jackson, CB – They need CB help badly and Donte can run with anyone.
Louisiana – Carlton Davis, CB – Hargreaves has sucked, so a 3rd CB is needed.
Louisiana – Leighton Vander Esch, LB – Davis is the only LB on the roster and LVE is a great MLB prospect.
Rome – Will Hernandez, OG – One of my favorite players in the draft, he would be an instant upgrade at OG for Rome.
Orlando – Maurice Hurst, DL – With only Suh and Clark on the roster next year, Hurst would be a great grab as a 3T for Orlando.
Cuba – Mike Hughes, CB – With no CBs on the roster for next year, they double up. 
Louisiana – James Daniels, OL – Another of my favorite players, he could be a stud at C or G and the Cajuns need interior OL help.
Orlando – Tim Settle, DT – Settle would be a great NT to pair with Hurst for the future.
Camden - Jaire Alexander, CB – Jaire could have gone much higher had he stayed healthy last year.

Round 3

Hawaii - Hayden Hurst, TE – The Nightmarchers are underwhelming at TE to say the least.
Ivory Coast – Kerryon Johnson, RB – The Rhinos could use more talent in the backfield.
OKC – EQ. St. Brown, WR – I love his size, speed, and route running and OKC could use some size on the outside.
Berlin – Lamar Jackson, QB – I need a backup QB and I like Jackson a lot more than most.
Orlando – Sam Hubbard, Edge – They keep adding depth and youth to their front 7 with a 3rd rusher to take over for Avril
Portland – Arden Key, Edge – Portland loses a lot of guys next year and Key has huge upside.
Berlin – Kolton Miller, OT – I need a swing OT in case either Williams or Ja’wuan gets hurt again and he could eventually take over for Trent.
Long Beach – Isaiah Wynn, OG – LB could use more talent at OG and Wynn could play either OG spot.
Gotham – Harold Landry, Edge – With only two Edge guys on the roster, Landry is good value and fills a need
Hawaii – Christian Kirk, WR – They could use an upgrade in the slot and Kirk with Brown and Diggs would be a really shifty WR group that would be a perfect fit with Wilson’s scrambling.  That would actually be horribly annoying to defend.
Camden – Nick Chubb, RB – Even if he re-signs Freeman, Chubb is a different style runner and would be a great compliment as a bruising back.
Orlando – Martinas Rankin, OT – Orlando needs a swing OT and Rankin can do most everything pretty well.
Cuba – Braden Smith, OG – Cuba could upgrade Carpenter and Braden is a stud.
Hawaii – Orlando Brown, OT – He had an awful combine, but he could be a good RT across from Robinson and Hawaii could be set at OT for a long time if he pans out.
Camden – RJ McIntosh, DT – I think McIntosh is underrated and Camden has 3 Interior DL hitting FA next year.
Camden – Justin Reid, S – Reid is a do-it-all safety who would pair great with Adams if they don’t re-sign Byard or be a great 3rd safety.

• Like 3

Cuba – Marcus Davenport, Edge – Cuba has two players on the edge under contract after this year and Davenport is a perfect fit to replace anyone after this year.

He fits a position of need.  I have a first round grade on him? TBD

Cuba – Donte Jackson, CB – They need CB help badly and Donte can run with anyone.

He can play for my team

Cuba – Mike Hughes, CB – With no CBs on the roster for next year, they double up.

He can also play for my team. 

Cuba – Braden Smith, OG – Cuba could upgrade Carpenter and Braden is a stud.

I like Smith.

• Like 1