BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

1 hour ago, TedLavie said:

The more I look at it, the more I like this QB draft class. I wouldn't be surprised if 4 of those guys are average or above NFL staters in the next 10 years. Though there's one of the top 5 QB prospects who I think is waaaaaaay overhyped

Does he have red hair?

• Like 1

Mostly for the new guys but a refresher and notice for everyone. the BDL draft starts Monday 4/9/18. It will have it's own thread and we will also keep the draft portion of the Roster sheet as up to date as possible. The time on the clock is 1 hour fixed slots for each team. You can of course pick earlier if you are OTC. Please try and tag the next team up to keep things moving. Only discuss drafted players in the normal discussion thread.

-Use the Discussion Thread for any comments, infractions, Bullfrogs etc.. 

- Time on the clock will be as follows: 
-Rounds 1 - 7: One hour on the clock 

There are no penalties for missing your picks. You will simply be skipped, stay OTC and other teams will continue to pick in order. 

-Later on in the draft especially please don't discuss undrafted players by name or use the ****** **** = Andrew Luck method. 

All Times are EST. Later picks roll into the morning. 12am will be the stopping point. If we catch up to the final slot of the day, that pick stays OTC until 8am the following morning.

@Jlash

@DingoLadd

@pheltzbahr

@SkunkApes

@Whicker

@Counselor

@WFLukic

@PR

@Ragnarok

@gopherwrestler

@MD4L

@RuskieTitan

@bcb1213

@Hockey5djh

@EaglesPeteC

@OleXmad

@TedLavie

@Taylor091

During the Draft, for trades just involving draft picks, you can just post the trades and confirm in the Transactions thread. 

You can also leave Big Boards with other teams if you can't make your time slot for some reason. 

Teams with Co-Owners please authorize those Co-Owners to make picks for you. If not then they will not allowed to make picks. We've had issues with this in the past.;)

If anyone can think of anything else speak up.

I'm going to remove the formulas from the draft thread probably Friday of next week and clean up the draft picks owned tab to add 2020 picks as well. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, SkunkApes said:

I've PM'd a couple of you already, but again 1.2 is very likely be moved before the draft. Open to just moving down, or dealing for future picks.

No one in this draft is worth trading up for.

Except at 1.6 depending on how the board shakes out.

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

Jackson with the 13 Wonderlic. yikes.

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

He'll be fine.

The Wonderlic is what it is...but Lamar Jackson has not really impressed me this draft season.  I don't like he has handled a number of interviews, think he should have just done the damn 40, needs an agent, and hasn't throw well outside the hashes.

I loved him in college.  I want to love him for the NFL.  But he's not helping me here.  Which he should be doing.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

The Wonderlic is what it is...but Lamar Jackson has not really impressed me this draft season.  I don't like he has handled a number of interviews, think he should have just done the damn 40, needs an agent, and hasn't throw well outside the hashes.

I loved him in college.  I want to love him for the NFL.  But he's not helping me here.  Which he should be doing.

I 100% agree with you. I understand how he can be frustrated by the talk about him moving to WR, I really do. But he could have handled the whole process a LOT better. I think he has special talent, he was for a while my #2 QB prospect, but I would think twice about drafting him in the 1st if I were a NFL GM because of that.

And happy B-Day old man!

4 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I 100% agree with you. I understand how he can be frustrated by the talk about him moving to WR, I really do. But he could have handled the whole process a LOT better. I think he has special talent, he was for a while my #2 QB prospect, but I would think twice about drafting him in the 1st if I were a NFL GM because of that.

And happy B-Day old man!

I think he goes in the first because a team will want to have that 5th year option for a guy like him.  But yeah, he has raised more questions than he has answered which is never good.

• Like 1