BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

15 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Two years in a row I've seen UConn eliminated in the final four. 

I had a half second where I thought you meant men's bball was tonight and was worried I missed it.

Then I laughed at that douchebag HC from UConn losing again.  

58 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I had a half second where I thought you meant men's bball was tonight and was worried I missed it.

Then I laughed at that douchebag HC from UConn losing again.  

Ha. Women's basketball is probably the most under appreciated sport in America. The past two final fours have been awesome. Would've been awesome to see the Cincinnati Reds play on opening day, but this has been a fun trip.

Halfway through the power rankings. Will release them progressively soon. 

Did them based on current projected line-ups, which of course will change based on FA & draft. To a lesser extent I also factored in cap space & draft capital. 

7 minutes ago, Jlash said:

What has he done in his interviews?

As others have said, I really want to like Jackson but his handling of the pre-draft process makes it really hard.

It's a shame because I think with a proper agent, hitting up the right media contacts and coordinating his workouts a little better, he would have had the media boost that Josh Allen had with his name being mentioned as possibly cracking the top 5 (compares to Mike Vick who went #1 and is still only 21 years old).

NFLN interview for you to decide;

• Like 1

I won't do a deal grader in the end. I will do a 5-round mock though. Here's the first

1.1 - Hawaii - Saquon Barkley, RB

Best player in the draft at a big position of need. This is a no-brainer

1.2 - Orlando - Bradley Chubb, Edge

This is where it gets interesting. I think Fitzpatrick could fill a need at FS, same for Ward at CB, but Chubb and Nelson are better player. With Marpet, Boling and Lamp at guard, I think adding Chubb makes more sense for Footsy. Bosa, Beasley and Chubb would be a monster rotation at edge and you can play the three of them together on passing downs. A QB is a wildcard here but I think Footsy gets the QB he wants later.

1.3 - OKC - Quenton Nelson, G

OKC offense is terrible, they need to acquire several pieces to become competitive again. Getting a stud interior OL will help. This is another no-brainer.

1.4 - Wichita - Denzel Ward, CB

This is the worst scenario for Wichita as they probably would have loved Nelson or Chubb to fall to them. CB isn't a huge need for them, but Talib is old and who knows if Melvin and Crawley can keep their form from last year. Ward is one of the best players available so he goes to Wichita. In reality, expect a trade down here as someone may want to jump Camden for a QB.

1.5 - Camden - Josh Rosen, QB

I think Rosen is the best QB of this draft. In fact, I think Rosen is the best QB prospect since Luck/RGIII. If he likes him, Jlash would be foolish to pass on him at 1.5

1.6 - Sydney - Vita Vea, NT

With Ward already selected, Sydney is in a tough position here. I think they reach a tad for Vea, who would look awesome in the middle of Malik Jackson and Leonard Williams

1.7 - Berlin - Roquan Smith, LB

Berlin needs 2, maybe 3 linebackers, and Roquan Smith is an awesome prospect. This is another no-brainer

1.8 - Long Beach - Minkah Fitzpatrick, FS

Pairing Collins and Baker with Fitzpatrick would give LB secondary a lot of versatility. Fitzpatrick is the BPA and, while Matthieu is still there for LB, his salary is too big for him to last long.

1.9 - Orlando - Tremaine Edmuns, LB

Orlando would have loved for Fitzpatrick to be there but he isn't. I think this is between a QB, Edmuns and James, but Orlando waits a bit more for a QB while Keanu Neal would make a James selection a bit redundant. Edmuns would look great next to Wagner in that LB crew.

1.10 - Gotham - Derwin James, S

With Chancellor future a bit iffy, and Reid still a FA, safety is suddenly a position of need for Gotham. I'm sure pheltz absolutely loves James so I guess this is the further James can drop.

1.11 - Hawaii - Mike McGlinchey, OT

Hockey would have taken any of the other 4 players selected above, but unfortunately, no LB nor safety are worth taking at 1.11. Offensive tackles tend to be overdrafted, and some consider McGlinchey as the only potential LT in this class. With Whitworth close to the end of his career, and Robinson as the only young tackle on roster, I think Hawaii reaches a bit here on McGlinchey.

1.12 - Orlando - Josh Allen, QB

Josh Allen has loads of potential, and between him and Mahomes, Footsy would have 2 QBs whose ceilings are off the charts. Plus, my gut says Footsy loves Allen.

1.13 - Cuba - Marcus Davenport, Edge

With Peppers, Ford and Suggs gone soon, MD4L selects their replacement. Davenport is a bit raw, but he has loads of potential and MD4L doesn't need him to have an immediate impact.

1.14 - OKC - Calvin Ridley, WR

Thielen is the only good receiver OKC has. Ridley is decent value here and can start day 1 for OKC, easy pick for Whicker.

1.15 - Seoul - Da'Ron Payne, DT

I get the NT I have coveted for years here. He will learn behind Atkins and McCoy who are both FAs after next year.

1.16 - Rome - Taven Bryan, DT

Rome has lacked for years a DT who can penetrate next to Brockers/Brown. They get it with Bryan who would be a great fit for Rome DL.

Second round will come a bit later

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Taylor091 said:

As others have said, I really want to like Jackson but his handling of the pre-draft process makes it really hard.

It's a shame because I think with a proper agent, hitting up the right media contacts and coordinating his workouts a little better, he would have had the media boost that Josh Allen had with his name being mentioned as possibly cracking the top 5 (compares to Mike Vick who went #1 and is still only 21 years old).

NFLN interview for you to decide;

I'll have to give it a listen when I get home.