BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

You need WR's and he's a good one. 

And if I miss out on Ridley in the first that means I don't get to fill my need? This is an extremely deep WR class. 

Ridley has warts all over his profile. He tested poorly at the combine and is smaller than people originally suggested. He has a BMI of 25.3. The only first round WRs with a lower BMI were Ted Ginn and Will Fuller and they were blazing fast and haven't even been that great. Only two other first round WRs have had a BMI below 26: Anthony Gonzalez and AJ Jenkins. 

His production in college was terrible. Other first round WRs with similar college production include Darrius Heyward-bey, Laquon Treadwell, Anthony Gonzalez, Cordarrelle Patterson, Craig Davis, Mike Williams, Jon Baldwin, and Kelvin Benjamin. 

Combine this with the fact that Ridley is really old for a rookie and you have one of my least favorite WR prospects in this draft. If you are so intent on mocking me offensive help at 1.14 then just make it Guice or Moore

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

No, I don't like him very much either.

Which means he will be an All-Pro.

Ridley is pretty under appreciated this year. I think it'll be a legit surprise if he's not a productive receiver. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TedLavie said:

1.6 - Sydney - Vita Vea, NT

With Ward already selected, Sydney is in a tough position here. I think they reach a tad for Vea, who would look awesome in the middle of Malik Jackson and Leonard Williams

I'm not against Vea in the middle of my defense but I'm a bit against drafting a d-line after last year's disaster with McDowell... RIP his career.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Don't 5th year options IRL always have to be at the full value?

Just reread that and it is only 100% if you don't want to use a 3 Up. Now this won't get you the option to align a RL contract if one is signed at 85% like if a player is Franchised. I would say you could do the 100% 5th year and also designate the player a 3 Up if you wanted it to align with the RL deal but that is likely something for an owners meeting to confirm.

Edited by SirA1