BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

2 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

My gf just told me that she hates the song Hotel California.  I'm not sure how to react to this.

I would suggest the witch test, usually works out. 

1 hour ago, Whicker said:

OKC's updated trade block:

I guess our trade talks about Cam Newton for a 7th are dead in the water then. 

23 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I’m here now to help fix Rags mistakes. ?

I admit to no mistakes.  Especially not draftin dee milliner, chance warmack, justin Hunter and cordarrelle patterson in the top 18 picks of that draft.

• Like 3

Time for Round 2!

2.1 - Orlando - Derrius Guice, RB

As Rags said in his previous mock, Guice makes sense for Orlando to complement Kamara, who is a bit alone in Orlando's backfield

2.2 - Ivory Coast - Courtland Sutton, WR

Don't know what Ruskie plans to do at receiver, but he lacks a true #2 option behind Cooks. I think Sutton can be that, and he's decent value there

2.3 - Orlando - Joshua Jackson, CB

Orlando needs an insurance for Verrett, and there are plenty of good corners available in round 2-3. Why not grab the 2nd best, whoever it is?

2.4 - Gotham - Harold Landry, Edge

Gotham loves drafting on the front 7. With James selected in Round 1, I wouldn't be surprised if they go with Landry here, who some view as a top 20 prospect.

2.5 - Camden - Jaire Alexander, CB

Camden doesn't have any proven player at CB, and Jaire Alexander is a rising prospect. I wouldn't be surprised if he's selected in the top half of the 2nd round.

2.6 - Sydney - Sam Darnold, QB

With only Dak at QB, Sydney might go after the sliding Darnold, who could be an upgrade pretty soon.

2.7 - Berlin - Leighton Vander Esch, LB

I know Berlin just selected Roquan Smith in R1 but they need another LB and LVE is another prospect who could be a surprise top 25 selection

2.8 - Cuba - Mike Hughes, CB

Cuba just lost Trufant so they're definitely on the market for a CB across Sherman.

2.9 - Louisiana - Connor Williams, OT

I'm not fond of Williams personally, but Lousiana badly needs a tackle and they want to win now with Brady. Williams is a guy who could be able to start Day 1 depending on where he's selected.

2.10 - Louisiana - Billy Winn, OG

Another lineman who can start Day 1 for Louisiana across from Trai Turner, as I'm not sure Lukic resign Sitton this offseason

2.11 - Rome - Sam Hubbard, DE

Rome doesn't have a ton of needs, but edge is one of the weakest position on their roster. Bcb likes to have defensive ends that are strong against the run, and Hubbard fits that. 

2.12 - Orlando - Billy Price, OC

I know Footsy has a weird thing on Nick Martin, with so many picks, they can afford to bring competition for him with Price, who is, imho, the best center in the draft

2.13 - Cuba - Carlton Davis, CB

Cuba doubles down on CBs with a bigger, stronger CB. Sherman won't last forever and, worst case, Cuba could start Davis outside and Hughes inside instead of Anthony Brown

2.14 - Louisiana, Baker Mayfield, QB

After spending 2 picks on immediate needs, I think Lukic take advantage of this strong QB class to get Mayfield, who could be a steal at the end of Round 2, and could become the successor of Brady in that offense

2.15 - Orlando, Maurice Hust, DT

With already 6 selections made, Orlando takes a shot on Hurst, who could sit behind Suh sort-term before taking over

2.16 - Camden - Kolton Miller, OT

Cedric Ogbehi is set to start at RT for Caden, which isn't good news for a rookie QB. Miller projects as a solid RT, which is something Camden is looking for

• Like 5

11 hours ago, WFLukic said:

Louisiana Jazz Trade Block:

WR - Quincy Enunwa
Edge - Cameron Wake
Edge - Alvin Dupree
Edge - Cam Wake
INT - Jurrell Casey
S - Eric Weddle

Cam Wake so trash you want to trade him twice. 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Whicker said:

And if I miss out on Ridley in the first that means I don't get to fill my need? This is an extremely deep WR class. 

Ridley has warts all over his profile. He tested poorly at the combine and is smaller than people originally suggested. He has a BMI of 25.3. The only first round WRs with a lower BMI were Ted Ginn and Will Fuller and they were blazing fast and haven't even been that great. Only two other first round WRs have had a BMI below 26: Anthony Gonzalez and AJ Jenkins. 

His production in college was terrible. Other first round WRs with similar college production include Darrius Heyward-bey, Laquon Treadwell, Anthony Gonzalez, Cordarrelle Patterson, Craig Davis, Mike Williams, Jon Baldwin, and Kelvin Benjamin. 

Combine this with the fact that Ridley is really old for a rookie and you have one of my least favorite WR prospects in this draft. If you are so intent on mocking me offensive help at 1.14 then just make it Guice or Moore

You'd be best served not taking everything I say so seriously. And also not blatantly showing your cards about prospects you hate and why. Only hurts on draft day.

edit: Don't get upset about this post. We're friends. 

Edited by Jlash