BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

You'd be best served not taking everything I say so seriously. And also not blatantly showing your cards about prospects you hate and why. Only hurts on draft day.

edit: Don't get upset about this post. We're friends. 

Yep. Back to never posting

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TedLavie said:

2.10 - Louisiana - Billy Winn, OG

Another lineman who can start Day 1 for Louisiana across from Trai Turner, as I'm not sure Lukic resign Sitton this offseason

Is 'Billy' Isaiah's nickname?

I can't copy and paste right now because I'm at work and FF comes up odd for me, but Footsy can 3 Up his 5th year player if he wants to IMO. It satisfies all the criteria of a 3 Up. First sentence doesn't apply because he is coming off his BDL rookie deal. Second sentence doesn't apply because he's not currently under his BDL rookie contract. 3rd sentence does apply because he is a BDL free agent, he has an IRL contract currently and the 3 up runs the length of that deal. BDL 5th year options were put into place to save teams 3 ups by making a team pay 100% if a team wants to burn a 3 up limited resource to save a few $1,000 for 1 year that's OK in my book and within the rules.

• Like 1

Alright cool then I don't have to spend nearly as much to bring Anthony Barr back. 

But somehow Footy's will get passed and pheltz will fight tooth and nail when I do it.

Edited by Jlash

30 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Alright cool then I don't have to spend nearly as much to bring Anthony Barr back. 

But somehow Footy's will get passed and pheltz will fight tooth and nail when I do it.

Absolutely.  Or CJ Mosley or any other 5th year eligible player.  If you want to use your 3 up that way it's your resource to use.

We allow the averaging of the 4th and  5th years if you want to pay the player early which saves way more cap in the end over using a 3up.

5th year options were created with the intent of allowing you to use your 3 up on other players. Nothing is forcing you to do so though.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2018 at 8:56 AM, Taylor091 said:

As others have said, I really want to like Jackson but his handling of the pre-draft process makes it really hard.

It's a shame because I think with a proper agent, hitting up the right media contacts and coordinating his workouts a little better, he would have had the media boost that Josh Allen had with his name being mentioned as possibly cracking the top 5 (compares to Mike Vick who went #1 and is still only 21 years old).

NFLN interview for you to decide;

So I finally got a chance to watch this video, and if this was your exampled of him hurting himself in the pre-draft process, I have to ask. Did YOU watch the video? He answered everything as he should have. I don't see the issue here.

In his response to being asked why he hasn't run a 40: "Game speed tells you everything". He's right. He wasn't a jerk about it when he said it either.

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

@Whicker you're a professional poker player, man. You should be the most calculated, cold blooded poster on here. For some reason it's actually Pheltz.

I spend all day being cold and calculated. BDL is my place to be emotional

• Like 4