BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

On 31/03/2018 at 1:43 PM, Jlash said:

What has he done in his interviews?

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

So I finally got a chance to watch this video, and if this was your exampled of him hurting himself in the pre-draft process, I have to ask. Did YOU watch the video? He answered everything as he should have. I don't see the issue here.

In his response to being asked why he hasn't run a 40: "Game speed tells you everything". He's right. He wasn't a jerk about it when he said it either.

Not sure if this was aimed at me or Rags haha. I posted the video because you said you hadn't seen any interviews, I personally don't mind what he did in the interview. My gripe with Jackson was not hiring an agent and making the pre-draft process harder for himself.

All of the other QBs have had some real media positive pushes that I feel are probably agent driven. I really think he opened himself up for the focus of the pre-draft process to be whether he should have hired an agent rather than to focus on him being THE most athletic player in the draft, a huge arm, a Heisman winner, 21 years old and showing improvements each year in college. You hear how much Mayock gushes over Jackson, that should be the focus of the media in my opinion but unfortunately he has given them an easier sidestory, at a time of the year that the media is looking for any reason to 'ding' these prospects. I also think his reported poor Wonderlic score was probably from a lack of preparation as well, something an experienced agent may have been able to potentially aid a little (not that I particularly care about Wonderlic scores).

In a way though it could be a bit of a blessing in disguise (for me at least) because it looks like Lamar Jackson has settled into 5th in the QB ranks for this draft and he may now be available for AZ at 15, a pick I would be over the moon with.

2 minutes ago, Taylor091 said:

All of the other QBs have had some real media positive pushes that I feel are probably agent driven

NFL teams don't give a damn about media pushes though. So why would it matter to his stock? 

2 minutes ago, Taylor091 said:

Not sure if this was aimed at me or Rags haha

I guess both of you. Rags said "He hasn't handled himself well" in interviews and I asked when. You followed that up with a video and saying it's been hard to like Jackson, backing up Rags point to a degree. 

19 minutes ago, Jlash said:

NFL teams don't give a damn about media pushes though. So why would it matter to his stock? 

I guess both of you. Rags said "He hasn't handled himself well" in interviews and I asked when. You followed that up with a video and saying it's been hard to like Jackson, backing up Rags point to a degree. 

I suppose so, although agents do a lot more than negotiate contracts and liaise with media contacts. I am simply of a mind that people are professionals and have certifications for a reason and this is the biggest 'job interview' of his life. Everyone else is using these professionals, drawing of their experience and knowledge, why make it harder for yourself?

We don't have the privilege of getting all the insider information and being able to meet with these prospects. Everything is just speculation and so what we see in the media will affect our opinions inevitably. The only way we will really have any idea of what NFL teams think is on draft day.

• Like 1

Time for Round 3

3.1 - Hawaii - Rashaan Evans, LB

Already selected: Saquon Barkley, Mike McGlinchey

LB isn't the biggest need for Hawaii, but it's not like they have Kuechly and David on roster either. Evans may be the BPA here and could improve what is a below average LB corps next to KJ Wright.

3.2 - Ivory Coast - Sony Michel, RB

Already selected: Courtland Sutton

Ivory Coast only established running back is CJ Anderson, so there is a clear need of upgrade, and Michel could be a steal there.

3.3 - OKC - Christian Kirk, WR

Already selected: Quenton Nelson, Calvin Ridley (boooooo)

Despite Whicker love affair with Calvin Ridley, they double down and select Christian Kirk and his BMI of 28.03. Kirk could replace Maclin in the lineup sooner rather than later, and open up things for OKC passing game. Gig'em Aggies!

3.4 - Berlin - Ronald Jones II, RB

Already selected: Roquan Smith, Leighton Vander Esch

Berlin will be sad to miss on Michel, but they grab Ronald Jones II, who would fit fine in the RB committee used by Rags

3.5 - Orlando - Will Hernandez, OG

Already selected: Bradley Chubb, Tremaine Edmuns, Josh Allen, Derrius Grice, Joshua Jackson, Billy Price, Maurice Hurst

Marpet will be a FA next year, and with cap issues coming, Orlando could try to trade Boling in the future. Hernandez is great value here and could form a solid guard tandem for years with Lamp.

3.6 - Portland - Hayden Hurst, TE

Welcome Xmad! The first TE off the board is for Portland, who badly needs help there.

3.7 - Berlin - Lamar Jackson, QB

With Winston underwhelming (yes Rags) first three seasons and no backup behind, Rags would be smart to grab in the 3rd round a QB with loads of potential.

3.8 - Long Beach - Nick Chubb, RB

Already selected: Minkah Fitzpatrick

Chubb would be a nice complement to McAffrey, and LB would get an inside runner to replace Mark Ingram.

3.9 - Gotham - Equanimous St Brown, WR

Already selected: Derwin James, Harold Landry

Size, speed, fun name - Brown looks like a pheltz prospect. And Gotham needs someone to start to push Landry back in the slot.

3.10 - Hawaii - Adren Key, Edge

Key has a ton of potential coming with lots of off the field issues. With Frank Clark a RFA and better as a 3rd down pass rusher only, and few other needs, I think Hockey takes a chance here.

3.11 - Camden - James Daniels, C

Already selected: Josh Rosen, Jaire Alexander, Kolton Miller

Camden has two glaring holes in the OL. They fixed the first on by selecting Miller, and address the other one here with Daniels

3.12 - Orlando - DJ Moore, WR

With 8 picks already made, I think Footsy goes for value here and DJ Moore is a fine one. He could serve as WR4 day 1 and replace Evans or Robinson in next year's starting lineup.

3.13 - Cuba - Branden Smith, OG

Already selected: Marcus Davenport, Mike Hughes, Carlton Davis

Carpenter can be upgraded, so Cuba grabs Branden Smith here.

3.14 - Hawaii - Donte Jackson, CB

Hawaii lost Verrett and needs someone to start across Hayward and Lattimore. Donte Jackson fills that need and would be a great value at the bottom of the 3rd round

3.15 - Camden - Anthony Miller, WR

3.16 - Camden - DJ Chark, WR

WR run! Camden has a lot of question marks at WR aside from ODB. With a ton of picks in this year draft, I wouldn't be surprised if they go with 2 receivers here. Miller and Chark are fine value here, and could replace respectively Agholor (FA next year) and Gordon (suspension waiting to happen) in the future.

I need to redo my R4 and R5 with Singapore - Orlando trade, expect them a little bit later

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TedLavie said:

I need to redo my R4 and R5 with Singapore - Orlando trade, expect them a little bit later

Thanks Ted. I've paged all of the open Trades/Contracts in that thread that still need votes.

57 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I really want to draft st brown so I can attempt to spell his name every week in my lineup 

Why not both for even more confusion?

Chukwuma Okorafor

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo

9 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Draft is a week away.  You should.

Well after a little research ones a tackle and I'm not taking any tackles so I didn't bother to look at them 

The other probably won't be drafted here