Jump to content

Recommended Posts

We are six months away from Madden 19.  I read that the Madden director has promised huge updates to Franchise mode.  If he delivers, I'll be buying it.  If he doesn't deliver, I'll buy madden 18 used when it's under 20. 

Cover player is probably going to be Nick Foles.  Probably. 

Edited by HorizontoZenith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

We are six months away from Madden 19.  I don't know if it's true or an Onion type thing, but I saw somewhere that said Madden would allow franchise owners to dictate whether or not players stand, kneel or sit during the anthem.  Don't really give a crap about that issue, I just give a crap that they would waste time inserting that in lieu of the actual updates they actually need to make.

I also read that the Madden director has promised huge updates to Franchise mode.  If he delivers, I'll be buying it.  If he doesn't deliver, I'll buy madden 18 used when it's under 20. 

Cover player is probably going to be Nick Foles.  Probably. 

If so, just wow. Fire whoever the hell had that idea. There would be serious backlash for that imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that has to be a onion article lmao .. NFL wouldn't let madden do that

Edited by August4th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they keep going on the path they're going, I won't be buying M19 for the first time since like Madden 2005 or something like that. This year's game sucked, and the direction they're trying to take everything in terms of competitive play + MUT is just a joke. They need to make some serious improvements to the gameplay and the exploits in order to make this game even remotely viable to play online again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've skipped out on the previous 2-3 Madden titles and just recently got Madden 18.  One of the things I don't like about this gen in general is the way the running feels.  It's like when my running back runs into a teammate, his body does this weird bending animation and I can barely move.  I never remember this being an issue on the previous gen (360/PS3), but it's been like this since Madden 25 on the current gen consoles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, showtime said:

I've skipped out on the previous 2-3 Madden titles and just recently got Madden 18.  One of the things I don't like about this gen in general is the way the running feels.  It's like when my running back runs into a teammate, his body does this weird bending animation and I can barely move.  I never remember this being an issue on the previous gen (360/PS3), but it's been like this since Madden 25 on the current gen consoles.

RB play near the LOS seems to have changed quite a bit. Are you trying to spring through gaps or hitting RB (Xbox) to "get skinny"? I believe the attribute "ballcarrier vision" has a lot to do with how your RB behaves around the LOS as well.

 

Also, now way that rumor is real, c'mon bro

Edited by cddolphin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I believe the attribute "ballcarrier vision" has a lot to do with how your RB behaves around the LOS as well.

One thing I really hate about Madden is how none of the devs have ever explained the ratings and exactly what they do. It opens the doors for conspiracy theories, incorrect articles and beliefs, and just a bunch of nonsense.

I've seen articles that say that BCV is only relevant for CPU backs and their ability to "find the hole" effectively and quickly. I've seen articles that say it helps backs "not get stuck" on OL when they're trying to run through the hole. Nobody knows what is accurate, because the Devs don't put out any documentation laying out what exactly these attributes do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Darth Pees said:

I've seen articles that say it helps backs "not get stuck" on OL when they're trying to run through the hole. Nobody knows what is accurate, because the Devs don't put out any documentation laying out what exactly these attributes do.

I think the bolded is true. That's just the way it seems to me. Or at least BCV is part of the equation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

I think the bolded is true. That's just the way it seems to me. Or at least BCV is part of the equation.

Nobody knows. Go to Youtube and type in "Madden ball carrier vision" and watch how many videos pop up "proving" it does nothing. This whole gongshow would be solved if EA's Devs just took one business day to put this all in a document and post it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I think the bolded is true. That's just the way it seems to me. Or at least BCV is part of the equation.

I mostly use the Jags when I play online and I'm getting better with running the ball.  I'm not really sure how Leonard Fournette stacks up vs other running backs in the game, but he seems pretty good so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Madden

Where $60 a year will get you slightly better graphics, a roster update, and some of your previously most enjoyed features taken out only to be re-added 3 years later.

There's a reason I haven't bought Madden since Madden 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2018 at 12:18 PM, HorizontoZenith said:

I don't know if it's true or an Onion type thing, but I saw somewhere that said Madden would allow franchise owners to dictate whether or not players stand, kneel or sit during the anthem.  Don't really give a crap about that issue, I just give a crap that they would waste time inserting that in lieu of the actual updates they actually need to make.

You can't honestly believe that to be true, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

You can't honestly believe that to be true, right?

Wouldn't surprise me really.  If EA didn't have to answer to the NFL, I'd be more shocked if they didn't include it than if they did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Wouldn't surprise me really.  If EA didn't have to answer to the NFL, I'd be more shocked if they didn't include it than if they did. 

I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't surprise you but to each their own. It's easily one of the most outlandish rumors I've read about a video game and can't imagine people thinking it would be true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Remixxxxxxx said:
On 2/12/2018 at 12:18 PM, HorizontoZenith said:

I don't know if it's true or an Onion type thing, but I saw somewhere that said Madden would allow franchise owners to dictate whether or not players stand, kneel or sit during the anthem.  Don't really give a crap about that issue, I just give a crap that they would waste time inserting that in lieu of the actual updates they actually need to make.

You can't honestly believe that to be true, right?

If Madden put that in their game they would immediately jeopardize their NFL monopoly they currently hold in the video game world. There is literally a 0% chance of this happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×