Madden 19

MacReady

Custom draft classes are really nice, but if thats the biggest addition to CFM (which I can almost guarantee it is), I will not be buying it.

Until coaches mean something in franchise mode, its a joke.

But hey, at least MUT was improved for the mindless sheep MUT players. 

Edited by FourThreeMafia
  • Like 2

One of my biggest issues with Madden over the past few years has been the movement.  Movement has been extremely stiff and not fluid.  When I clicked on the link provided on the previous page, the first thing that was talked about was improving the movement of the players in the game.  This has me really intrigued.

I'll wait to see some gameplay, but if this is just gonna be another game designed specifically for MUT and MUT only, and still be terrible in that regard, I'm just gonna hard pass. 

"Push the Pile" seems like it's going to be "Fight for the Fumble" 2.0, in that you just mash buttons to move the pile like tug-of-war. I'm really holding out for some actual improvements to zone coverage and defensive AI play recognition.

Yeah I'm not impressed but I think I'll buy it this year. I took a year off and that was sufficient in making me want to play again. I won't be quite so disappointed in the series if I'm only buying every other year. I'm pretty crushed franchise is always trash and always will be trash but you know, I'm a slave to the only professional sport I'm head over heels for and this is the only option. 

The thing about Madden that hits a lot of people is that it always comes out at the time of the year when like no other games come out.  A ton of people say, "Man, I'm not buying Madden this year."  Then August rolls around and there's nothing new out and people just get sucked in, that's partly the reason why the game has great sales numbers every year despite very little game play changes on a year-to-year basis (and of course people needing their football fix and Madden is the only choice on the market).

I think the game coming out on August 7th as opposed to August 25th or whatever like it used to is a pretty big deal.

19 minutes ago, showtime said:

The thing about Madden that hits a lot of people is that it always comes out at the time of the year when like no other games come out.  A ton of people say, "Man, I'm not buying Madden this year."  Then August rolls around and there's nothing new out and people just get sucked in, that's partly the reason why the game has great sales numbers every year despite very little game play changes on a year-to-year basis (and of course people needing their football fix and Madden is the only choice on the market).

I think the game coming out on August 7th as opposed to August 25th or whatever like it used to is a pretty big deal.

I've been so, so close to doing just this. Almost every year. I talked myself into it one year and heavily regretted it. Both versions I've bought since have been at least 50% off, which seems like a fairer price point.

I think overall I've bought four Maddens... 2003, 2012 (full price), 2016, 2018

Edited by cddolphin

32 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I've been so, so close to doing just this. Almost every year. I talked myself into it one year and heavily regretted it. Both versions I've bought since have been at least 50% off, which seems like a fairer price point.

I think overall I've bought four Maddens... 2003, 2012 (full price), 2016, 2018

For me I've bought '01, '02, '04, '05, '06, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14 (25), 17, and '18.

I was able to skip two years in a row being both '15 and '16 and was extremely proud of myself. However, I really need my football fix. Football video games are the only games I play.

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

However, I really need my football fix.

This is the case for many people, and EA knows this and exploits it to no end.  

I bought every Madden from 2003 to 2008....then I bought 2010 and only played it a few times.      2012 was the last Madden I paid full price for, and the game was heading in the right direction IMO.   Then they gutted franchise and CFM has barely improved since it was introduced in 2013,  

I did pay $30 for Madden 18, and unless there are some other notable improvements to franchise and/or gameplay, I will probably just stick with 18 for the next year or so.