Madden 19

MacReady

9 hours ago, showtime said:

This was one of my first post ever in the Madden 18 thread.  User-ing linebackers is really stuff and slow.  It's really difficult to cover ground.  You see a guy running free and you know your opponent is going to throw to him, but changing directions is such a pain.  This wasn't really a problem in the Xbox 360/PS3 version of the game, so I'm not sure why it is now.  I'm guessing the physics engine they're using this gen is causing a lot of these problems.

As far as secondary players zone and man coverage, that will probably never change.  There's always going to be zone and man beating routes.  I don't really have an issue with all that because if your opponent is killing you with something in particular you can user stop it.  However, because user is so clunky and stuff it makes it hard to actually utilize it properly.

Before they went to the next gen consoles, they didn't have Locomotion, which is what's causing player motion to be stiff and clunky. Also, they purposefully slow down linebackers and make them move slower than anyone else for....reasons? Like, if I have a 90 speed RB and a 90 speed LB, the LB will still move slower in all directions than the RB. Even a TE will move faster. They did this to nerf users running all around the field without consequences, but honestly I feel like if you have a LB who is athletic, it should be that way.

1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

In past Madden's you could user a linebacker and take a lot of risks. Now you have to play a lot more conservative because if you guess wrong on a Jason Witten Y route, or a RB route in the middle of the field, you're toast. It is certainly more realistic because changing direction takes time and it takes into account agility and acceleration, but it makes it less fun.

My ideal situation is for the COD to come into play in the "simulation" mode, and arcade and competitive can have more fluid linebackers. Does that make sense?

Yeah I would agree with this statement as well. I just want players to play true to their ratings, you know? If I have an 82 speed linebacker, obviously I'm not going to be usering all over the field, but if I'm using Deion Jones or Ryan Shazier or someone like that, I should be able to make athletic plays and track RB's across the field.

2 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:
1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

In past Madden's you could user a linebacker and take a lot of risks. Now you have to play a lot more conservative because if you guess wrong on a Jason Witten Y route, or a RB route in the middle of the field, you're toast. It is certainly more realistic because changing direction takes time and it takes into account agility and acceleration, but it makes it less fun.

My ideal situation is for the COD to come into play in the "simulation" mode, and arcade and competitive can have more fluid linebackers. Does that make sense?

Yeah I would agree with this statement as well. I just want players to play true to their ratings, you know? If I have an 82 speed linebacker, obviously I'm not going to be usering all over the field, but if I'm using Deion Jones or Ryan Shazier or someone like that, I should be able to make athletic plays and track RB's across the field.

I only want fast LBers because it's the only position I like to user, and it's not fun having players run away from you all game, so I agree with you. I want fast linebackers to be fast, but I also don't want you to be able to recover immediately if you make a bad decision. That's why I think having different agility/acceleration in different game modes interesting

Absolutely. Nothing was more painful than playing M18 or M17 and being in man coverage on a RB who is 5+ points slower than you, KNOWING HE'S GOING TO RUN A TABLE ROUTE, and still not being able to cover that without significantly cheating towards the sidelines to stop it. It was a joke.

But I also remember the days of me usering Ed Reed and being able to stop on a dime and change direction and bait the hell out of people with his 93 speed. It was amazing.

2 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

Absolutely. Nothing was more painful than playing M18 or M17 and being in man coverage on a RB who is 5+ points slower than you, KNOWING HE'S GOING TO RUN A TABLE ROUTE, and still not being able to cover that without significantly cheating towards the sidelines to stop it. It was a joke.

But I also remember the days of me usering Ed Reed and being able to stop on a dime and change direction and bait the hell out of people with his 93 speed. It was amazing.

See like I'm cool with this in arcade mode. Turns up the turnovers, makes the game more fun. But if I'm in one of our FF leagues and that happens in the 4th Q I'd be salty