Madden 19

MacReady

11 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

If Madden put that in their game they would immediately jeopardize their NFL monopoly they currently hold in the video game world. There is literally a 0% chance of this happening. 

I think we all realize that.    I just cant believe anyone would believe, even for a second, that this was true.

Although....I do wish EA would try it, because the NFL might decide to pull the exclusive license.   :ph34r:

Seriously though....EA would never try it and the NFL would never allow it.    Based on what I read a few years back, EA at one point wanted to put "discipline" ratings into the game and make it so that players could get suspended for non-specific off field issues.   However, the NFL shot it down since they wont allow anything in the game that casts a negative light on the brand.      Dont know how true it is....but I know for a fact the bolded part is true.   

On 2/12/2018 at 11:18 AM, HorizontoZenith said:

We are six months away from Madden 19.  I don't know if it's true or an Onion type thing, but I saw somewhere that said Madden would allow franchise owners to dictate whether or not players stand, kneel or sit during the anthem.  Don't really give a crap about that issue, I just give a crap that they would waste time inserting that in lieu of the actual updates they actually need to make.

I also read that the Madden director has promised huge updates to Franchise mode.  If he delivers, I'll be buying it.  If he doesn't deliver, I'll buy madden 18 used when it's under 20. 

Cover player is probably going to be Nick Foles.  Probably. 

Probably fake news, but if it was true, it's probably the only update EA would do to the game besides rosters, as usual...

I will buy if the following things are true

1) Realistic stats/scores/gameplay using the default sliders.

2) Offline franchise mode is fun

3) You can play COM vs COM.

I like building a team myself and watching them play. Easier to GM that way, to actually see your team on the field.

• Like 3

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:18 AM, HorizontoZenith said:

but I saw somewhere that said Madden would allow franchise owners to dictate whether or not players stand, kneel or sit during the anthem

Maybe EA will allow you to push a button at the beginning of the game to stand, kneel, hold hands, etc during the national anthem.

On 2/17/2018 at 7:53 AM, MathMan said:

I will buy if the following things are true

1) Realistic stats/scores/gameplay using the default sliders.

2) Offline franchise mode is fun

3) You can play COM vs COM.

I like building a team myself and watching them play. Easier to GM that way, to actually see your team on the field.

One of my favorite things is when you're up 3 scores in the 4th, with the ball, and you simulate to the end of the game. Next thing you know it's in OT and you're mashing the "Quit Sim" button to save the game.

Every.Damn.Time.

Either that or Ingram will rush 25 times for 66 yards in a blowout loss. 

• Like 1

Lol EA is bad but they'd never do something as controversial as that. It was real silly of you to even think that, hori.

Im super glad I never bought or played 18. Hope 19 is okay but will it be? Nah. 

And I'd say there's a 5% chance Foles is the cover guy. No way that'll happen. 

16 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

One of my favorite things is when you're up 3 scores in the 4th, with the ball, and you simulate to the end of the game. Next thing you know it's in OT and you're mashing the "Quit Sim" button to save the game.

Every.Damn.Time.

Either that or Ingram will rush 25 times for 66 yards in a blowout loss. 

Uh who in their right mind would depend on Drew Brees of all people when they're getting blown out 

7 minutes ago, I <3 Faulk said:

Meh, Madden has way too many updates and patches for me now days. Don't have time to lab every few weeks and have a new offense. Used to play in money leagues a lot, but now I don't even load it up to play on my day off xD

What annoys me is that they will fix certain things in patches after the game is released, but when the next game is released, the issue that the patch fixed will be broken again in the new game.    

That basically sums up what EA has become.   

4 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Do any of you ever have any success with counter-runs? I'm considering taking them out of my playbook entirely. Seems like half the time it's a loss and occasionally I'll get a yard or two.

I used to. They were a staple in my offenses. Now, not so much.

48 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:
52 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Do any of you ever have any success with counter-runs? I'm considering taking them out of my playbook entirely. Seems like half the time it's a loss and occasionally I'll get a yard or two.

I used to. They were a staple in my offenses. Now, not so much.

Madden the last 4 games or so before 17 I used a ton of counters. Whatever game had Demarco Murray's last year on the cowboys.. I would use them a lot competitively and wreck with them. Now they suck. The AI for the pulling guard is always stupid