Madden 19

MacReady

8 hours ago, Ras said:

No changes to franchise scouting is a bit of a disappointment.

That and coaches still dont matter nearly as much as they should.   

Probably never will unless EA finds a way to monetize it. 

• Like 1

Just now, showtime said:

Just to be clear, when you all are talking about coaches not mattering as much as they should - you're referring to simulating the games and not actually playing them, correct?

There's a lot more to just that.  You should have to entice better coaches to coordinate offense and defense.  Better coordinators give better ratings to certain position groups, etc.  You should also have to worry about your coordinators moving on and becoming head coaches with other teams.  There should also be situational advantages/disadvantages to coordinators.

Madden 2004 was probably the best at this (or whichever one had Vick on the cover).  Concessions mattered, players could hold out, players had distractions, coordinators mattered and gave bonuses and minuses to certain position groups...

People just want Franchise Mode to feel like it's legitimate and challenging to build an actual team.  Positional fits are atrocious.  You can run a 3-4 defense and put a 250 LB linebacker at 3-4 end and not miss a beat.  The only thing that matters in recent (10 years) of Madden is overall rating.  That's literally it.  You could have a 99 overall WR who is 5-10 and under 200 pounds, change him to tight end and still come out with about an 80 overall tight end.  It's just everything sucks, that's all. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stallyns said:

So someone on YouTube (who has a beta code to play Madden 19) did an entire 10 min video on how to do a relocation in Madden 19. Absolutely nothing has changed from 18. They could’ve tagged their video from 18 and said same menus apply. 

I've watched a couple videos and they look exactly like 18. Like EA didn't even bother to change up the menus. ?

Philadephia Eagles

• Malcolm Jenkins – 93
  • Jason Kelce – 92
  • Lane Johnson – 87
  • Carson Wentz – 85

Lol wut? Malcolm Jenkins is our best player??? Tied with Harrison Smith for the 2nd best safety in football behind only Eric Berry (95). Madden is off their freaking rocker. Jason Kelce best Center in football but only a 92. Lane Johnson best RT in football only an 87? AYFKM lol. I get it they want to take the cautious approach with Wentz, fine whatever. Lane Johnson rating is bologna though.

It always seems like the initial ratings are done by people who just watch ESPN, and then over the season they gradually are tweaked towards what they should be by others.

Also -- Matthew Stafford - 83
C'mon bruh.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Bit? I say eff this game because of that. 

It's clear EA went full EA on this game. 

I don't like playing the games anymore, haven't for quite a few years, but I do like keeping track of player ratings. I don't know why.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danger said:

It's clear EA went full EA on this game. 

I don't like playing the games anymore, haven't for quite a few years, but I do like keeping track of player ratings. I don't know why.

I wish someone would mod nfl head coach for modern day on the PC. I would play that to death.

Just now, Calvert28 said:

I wish someone would mod nfl head coach for modern day on the PC. I would play that to death.

Seriously. Bring back that game. I don't actually want to play the games. I want to manage a team, call plays etc.

• Like 2

You guys do understand that you're in the minority with the things you want, correct?  Most people (like me, for example) don't care about progression or coaching.  I play games and I play human opponents.  That is what EA's focus is and that's what their focus should be.  It sucks that you guys don't get the things you want for a more accurate football simulation, but that's not that Madden is.  That's not what NBA 2K is.  Those games are more meant as fun/arcade type games.

• Like 1