Madden 19

MacReady

On 6/26/2018 at 12:00 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

Don't kid yourself. Their real focus is milking gullible saps out of their money with microtransactions like through Madden Ultimate Team. The fact is, they could be making the game better in all facets, from Human versus human online play, to franchise mode, to pretty much everything... but they don't. Why?  Because they have no competition  and have exclusive rights to a cash cow license . The game has barely improved since the PS2 days. it constantly takes one step forward, and then a step back. if they just built off Madden 2004 every year for the last 15 years, the game would be far better than it is now.

Basically what I'm saying is, you're not wrong in general that they're catering to the majority, but they're not catering to that majority in any kind of meaningful way. The gameplay isn't dramatically improving either... The only things they work hard on are the graphics ( which honestly aren't impressive either if you consider animations and physics part of the graphics) , and its use of microtransactions... Because as I said, they are just trying to appeal to the brainwashed masses... and also know that they have a lot of customers who buy the game simply because there are no other options.

Yes, you're correct with your bottomline point that there is no competition.  There's no need for them to improve franchise mode because there is nowhere else to get a true NFL franchise mode, except for Madden.  That kind of leads into the main point that there's no need to really overhaul and fix anything because there is no other football out there.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Yes, you're correct with your bottomline point that there is no competition.  There's no need for them to improve franchise mode because there is nowhere else to get a true NFL franchise mode, except for Madden.  That kind of leads into the main point that there's no need to really overhaul and fix anything because there is no other football out there.

I completely agree with that and have been saying it for years.

I was only arguing against the point that us guys who want franchise mode are in the minority.    Not that youre even totally wrong on that, but if their were competition, they couldnt get away with not improving the games in ALL areas.

And beyond that, EA has that delusional mindset that single player gaming is dead....which is a crock of poo.     The problem with EA is that their single player stuff usually isnt that good, and the only reason they get away with it is because they exploit the popularity of big name brands (NFL, Star Wars, Mass Effect, etc...) and they put out shallow multiplayer games that appeal largely to younger gamers, who then get their friends to buy it to play with them....

EA has found a recipe for success, but its scummy as hell.    There is a reason they are one of the most hated companies.  

• Like 2

So people always say if there was competition that madden would rise up and come out with a product superior to what they put out. But I’ve seen that competition between 2k and nba live. EA Tiburon does madden and nba live. I bought live 18 for $5 last week and I’m having fun with it but it is a massively inferior game to 2k. The gameplay is weird and feels like a PS3 game in some ways but I still don’t mind it since it was $5. The players in the game don’t really even look like real nba players. The faces are just weirdly off. And the my player mode is wonky af. Looks like they tried for something and gave up. You are told to try to get endorsement deals but you can’t access them and every time your agent asks you about it you look like an a-hole cause you can’t even do them. Your friend/teammate in college is the backbone of the story for the most part and after a year he messages you and says he finally made it on an nba team but I checked every roster and he’s not anywhere lol. A lot of it seems like a lot on the surface but as soon as you dive into it at all you notice it’s either bare bones or completely barren.  I have yet to check out franchise mode but I’m sure it’ll be even worse because that’s not the biggest point of focus in nba games. Just makes me feel like no matter what they’re going to put in a minimal effort and hope for the best. 

Edit: also what’s the point of having 99 as the highest player overall when the best player in the game (Lebron) is 96 overall lol

Edited by Tyty

9 hours ago, Tyty said:

So people always say if there was competition that madden would rise up and come out with a product superior to what they put out. But I’ve seen that competition between 2k and nba live. EA Tiburon does madden and nba live. I bought live 18 for $5 last week and I’m having fun with it but it is a massively inferior game to 2k. The gameplay is weird and feels like a PS3 game in some ways but I still don’t mind it since it was $5. The players in the game don’t really even look like real nba players. The faces are just weirdly off. And the my player mode is wonky af. Looks like they tried for something and gave up. You are told to try to get endorsement deals but you can’t access them and every time your agent asks you about it you look like an a-hole cause you can’t even do them. Your friend/teammate in college is the backbone of the story for the most part and after a year he messages you and says he finally made it on an nba team but I checked every roster and he’s not anywhere lol. A lot of it seems like a lot on the surface but as soon as you dive into it at all you notice it’s either bare bones or completely barren.  I have yet to check out franchise mode but I’m sure it’ll be even worse because that’s not the biggest point of focus in nba games. Just makes me feel like no matter what they’re going to put in a minimal effort and hope for the best. 

Edit: also what’s the point of having 99 as the highest player overall when the best player in the game (Lebron) is 96 overall lol

I don't think EA would "rise up" if there was competition but I would imagine they would still put out a better game each year than they're putting out right now. NBA Live is a completely different team, and even though their game is trash, at least they're putting out a higher quality product than the Madden team.

Then again, you also look at the NHL team and the FIFA team and they both put out quality products each year, while Madden just releases the same garbage and calls it "the best game we've ever released!"

On 6/28/2018 at 11:37 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

I completely agree with that and have been saying it for years.

I was only arguing against the point that us guys who want franchise mode are in the minority.    Not that youre even totally wrong on that, but if their were competition, they couldnt get away with not improving the games in ALL areas.

And beyond that, EA has that delusional mindset that single player gaming is dead....which is a crock of poo.     The problem with EA is that their single player stuff usually isnt that good, and the only reason they get away with it is because they exploit the popularity of big name brands (NFL, Star Wars, Mass Effect, etc...) and they put out shallow multiplayer games that appeal largely to younger gamers, who then get their friends to buy it to play with them....

EA has found a recipe for success, but its scummy as hell.    There is a reason they are one of the most hated companies.  

I hate EA, I hate that I’m looking for a PS2 and madden 2007, I should be getting excited for Madden 2019 and how good the franchise mode will be and all the customisation.

EA are a garbage company 

• Like 1

I went back to playing Madden 18 over the past couple of days and I think that I'm leaning towards not buying Madden 19.  I think a big reason why I still like Madden is because I'm really good at the game and I still enjoy playing ranked matches because of that.  I don't actually really enjoy the game itself, though.  If that makes any sense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, showtime said:

I went back to playing Madden 18 over the past couple of days and I think that I'm leaning towards not buying Madden 19.  I think a big reason why I still like Madden is because I'm really good at the game and I still enjoy playing ranked matches because of that.  I don't actually really enjoy the game itself, though.  If that makes any sense.

Makes sense. I was the same with one of the UFC games, The game sucked but i was real good at it online so it kept me playing it for a while

6 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

With the changes to Franchise this year I'm actually excited for a Madden for the first time in a while

I'll have to look into this.  I haven't read much about anything, I've just been watching game play videos.

10 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

With the changes to Franchise this year I'm actually excited for a Madden for the first time in a while

Some new info about franchise out or you just randomly poppin your head in a month after 

29 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Yeah I'm wondering the samething, I found the changes they talked about a few weeks back very underwhelming.....

Scheme fits that seem to matter, the archetypes make the most tedious and annoying part of madden franchise (progression) simpler, depth cart for sub linebackers, slot wrs and nickel corners, sub edge rushers. Things people have actually wanted 

On 6/24/2018 at 2:37 PM, showtime said:

You guys do understand that you're in the minority with the things you want, correct?  Most people (like me, for example) don't care about progression or coaching.  I play games and I play human opponents.  That is what EA's focus is and that's what their focus should be.  It sucks that you guys don't get the things you want for a more accurate football simulation, but that's not that Madden is.  That's not what NBA 2K is.  Those games are more meant as fun/arcade type games.

Oh don't get me wrong I have played online a bunch against people. Infact my favorite past time years back when playing madden was letting people run up the score on a game make it a little interesting with the game play by doing daring plays. And then quit just before it ended so they did not get all the points they racked up. Back on my PS account I have about 150 or so hate mails. But that's the height of my enjoyment from the gameplay itself.

I understand that we are in the minority. But that does mean they still can't make improvements to all areas of the game. You can't tell me the gameplay itself has been vastly improved can you?