Madden 19

MacReady

12 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

Scheme fits that seem to matter, the archetypes make the most tedious and annoying part of madden franchise (progression) simpler, depth cart for sub linebackers, slot wrs and nickel corners, sub edge rushers. Things people have actually wanted 

Source on this?

They're finally getting rid of the LOLB-ROLB nonsense?

1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

Not sure why they don't have this with tablet or even smartphone support, honestly

Or it could just be a 2nd disc you could buy separately and import your plays.

I want very very detailed play creation options, though - especially blocking.

30 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Source on this?

https://www.madden-school.com/madden-19-will-feature-revamped-depth-charts/

In the past, you would have needed to use a package like “Spell HB” or manually sub your favorite big running back in.  In Madden 19, you will set your Power HB in the depth chart and when you are in a formation that calls for a strong HB, he will be subbed in where appropriate.

Full list (I think)

Rush Right Defensive End

Rush Left Defensive End

Rush Defensive Tackle

Slot Cornerback

Sub Linebacker

Power Half Back

Slot Wide Receiver

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:
1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Source on this?

https://www.madden-school.com/madden-19-will-feature-revamped-depth-charts/

In the past, you would have needed to use a package like “Spell HB” or manually sub your favorite big running back in.  In Madden 19, you will set your Power HB in the depth chart and when you are in a formation that calls for a strong HB, he will be subbed in where appropriate.

Full list (I think)

Rush Right Defensive End

Rush Left Defensive End

Rush Defensive Tackle

Slot Cornerback

Sub Linebacker

Power Half Back

Slot Wide Receiver

@cddolphin This. They will still have LOLB, MLB, ROLB but you have the sub linebacker spot on the DC. I don't know as of now what that means, but if it finally means I can have my strong safety come down and be the dime backer I will be happy. 

1 hour ago, freak_of_nature said:
2 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

Not sure why they don't have this with tablet or even smartphone support, honestly

I can't see this happening in Madden, ever. Too deep for the average player. I'd be happy with just making routes

No offense to you, but I'd rather they spend more time on other things than getting super niche with being able to control blocking formations and assignments

4 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

@cddolphin This. They will still have LOLB, MLB, ROLB but you have the sub linebacker spot on the DC. I don't know as of now what that means, but if it finally means I can have my strong safety come down and be the dime backer I will be happy. 

The thing with this is that it looks good on paper, but ultimately you're relying on EA "knowing" what formations you need to sub in your power HB for, and ultimately they're always going to screw that up and you'll still have to manually sub your guys in. I'm anxious to try this feature out, but I'm skeptical about how well it's actually going to function.

2 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:
4 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:
5 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

I can't see this happening in Madden, ever. Too deep for the average player. I'd be happy with just making routes

No offense to you, but I'd rather they spend more time on other things than getting super niche with being able to control blocking formations and assignments

Not to mention it would probably be far too easy to break the games AI. 

9 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Not to mention it would probably be far too easy to break the games AI. 

I wouldn't even want very detailed. Give me a specific set of routes/formations I can design and let me go crazy with that. I don't even need the first iteration to have whip routes or anything crazy like that - I wouldn't even need pre-snap motion. Just let me build my own plays out of formations with like 5-10 different route trees.

You can start simple with that, and each year you can continue building to it. That's a feature you could market for years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darth Pees said:
3 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

The thing with this is that it looks good on paper, but ultimately you're relying on EA "knowing" what formations you need to sub in your power HB for, and ultimately they're always going to screw that up and you'll still have to manually sub your guys in. I'm anxious to try this feature out, but I'm skeptical about how well it's actually going to function.

Yeah I have no idea how it will work either my friend. I hope when you're in any running option on the play selector it will be a simple "R1" click to cycle through HB and Power HB. If every goal line play has the Power HB that would suck. 

Same with the sub LB. Slot WR I have no idea how it will work, will they have 2 starting outside WRs and then the slot would have the next 2? What about in a trio bunch formation, how do they choose who stands where?

1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

Yeah I have no idea how it will work either my friend. I hope when you're in any running option on the play selector it will be a simple "R1" click to cycle through HB and Power HB. If every goal line play has the Power HB that would suck. 

Same with the sub LB. Slot WR I have no idea how it will work, will they have 2 starting outside WRs and then the slot would have the next 2? What about in a trio bunch formation, how do they choose who stands where?

And to expand on this, is it only for 3 WR sets? What about Twins formations? 2 WR 2TE but a TE is isolated opposite the trips?There's so many different things, and I have absolutely zero confidence in EA getting this right and I feel like ultimately you're going to just be doing manual subbing more than anything else.

TBH I don't know why EA just allow expansion packs for Madden and developed by other coders. Allowing other teams to do mods for a NFL Blitz type mod, NFL Head Coach mod, some crazy in depth Superstar mod. And just sell them. I would honestly consider buying it if I could pay for the mods I desire. 

This is pretty crazy and off-topic, but NBA Live is much better than NBA 2K, IMO.  I'm just saying this because Live has been bad for so long, but EA is getting this right.  FIFA has always been really good.  I think I'm going to buy Live 19 over 2K19 as 2K is just progressively getting worse and worse each year.  2K is pretty much the basketball equal to Madden.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

This is pretty crazy and off-topic, but NBA Live is much better than NBA 2K, IMO.  I'm just saying this because Live has been bad for so long, but EA is getting this right.  FIFA has always been really good.  I think I'm going to buy Live 19 over 2K19 as 2K is just progressively getting worse and worse each year.  2K is pretty much the basketball equal to Madden.

I Got live during a sale for $5 and it’s fun but it’s insanely easy to make like 70% of your shots