Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

The AI for the pulling guard is always stupid

It can be based on the defensive fronts. But I bust huge runs all the time pulling guards. I'd say "HB Off-Base"  in the 3WR 1TE set is probably my most succesful run play online followed by the vanilla outside zone play from shotgun.

Edited by cddolphin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

It can be based on the defensive fronts. But I bust huge runs all the time pulling guards. I'd say "HB Off-Base"  in the 3WR 1TE set is probably my most succesful run play online followed by the vanilla outside zone play from shotgun.

I am speaking specifically to counter plays, but yes, they do not work against anything but a sub formation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

The AI for the pulling guard is always stupid

Are you trying to tell me they aren't supposed to just sprint to the sideline? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Are you trying to tell me they aren't supposed to just sprint to the sideline? 

It's so annoying when they run wide and leave the linebacker to just destroy me. But if you go outside, the end gets you because your tackle is pushing him outside.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody think Nintendo Switch will have Madden 19?  If they do, I'm definitely getting a Switch and Madden 19 (used of course).  I could kill entire days at work just playing Madden. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Anybody think Nintendo Switch will have Madden 19?  If they do, I'm definitely getting a Switch and Madden 19 (used of course).  I could kill entire days at work just playing Madden. 

Doubtful.    Not impossible, but doubtful....mainly because the specs for Switch are inferior to PS4/XBone, and they couldnt just simply port it over without major issues (see what happened with WWE2K18 for Switch).   If EA were to put Madden on Switch, I think it would have to be a separately developed title, which EA has done on Nintendo consoles before....albeit very watered down titles.  

Wonjt happen, but I really wish they would release Madden on PC again.   They wont do it because the mod community would humiliate the developers like the did with Madden 08 PC.....which just so happened to be the last Madden on PC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Are you trying to tell me they aren't supposed to just sprint to the sideline? 

It's either they run straight to the sideline, or run just past the center and then turn backwards or run straight into the pile while you're staring at the hole, with the MLB right there, literally 3 feet to the right/left of where the pulling guard was.

It's so dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

It's either they run straight to the sideline, or run just past the center and then turn backwards or run straight into the pile while you're staring at the hole, with the MLB right there, literally 3 feet to the right/left of where the pulling guard was.

It's so dumb.

Do you play with a team that has guards with low OVR or AWR?

I definitely see wonky logic sometimes but I pull guards on like 30% of run plays and I don't experience this often enough to deter me away from it at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Do you play with a team that has guards with low OVR or AWR?

I definitely see wonky logic sometimes but I pull guards on like 30% of run plays and I don't experience this often enough to deter me away from it at all.

I play MUT or with the Ravens and use Yanda/Osemele (back in '16) as my pulling guards. But generally speaking, I use pretty good OL when I play Madden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2018 at 11:18 AM, HorizontoZenith said:

We are six months away from Madden 19.  I don't know if it's true or an Onion type thing, but I saw somewhere that said Madden would allow franchise owners to dictate whether or not players stand, kneel or sit during the anthem. 

xDxD Come on...that's obviously BS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If franchise had everything from madden 2005 and included relevant stuff from nba 2k18 mygm I'd be the most content dude in the world.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2018 at 12:19 PM, FourThreeMafia said:
On 2/22/2018 at 5:52 AM, HorizontoZenith said:

Anybody think Nintendo Switch will have Madden 19?  If they do, I'm definitely getting a Switch and Madden 19 (used of course).  I could kill entire days at work just playing Madden. 

Doubtful.    Not impossible, but doubtful....mainly because the specs for Switch are inferior to PS4/XBone, and they couldnt just simply port it over without major issues (see what happened with WWE2K18 for Switch).   If EA were to put Madden on Switch, I think it would have to be a separately developed title, which EA has done on Nintendo consoles before....albeit very watered down titles.  

Wonjt happen, but I really wish they would release Madden on PC again.   They wont do it because the mod community would humiliate the developers like the did with Madden 08 PC.....which just so happened to be the last Madden on PC. 

I would say it's likely it is on the Switch tbh. NBA 2k is there. Fifa is there. It was year 1, I expect Madden 19 to be on it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I would say it's likely it is on the Switch tbh. NBA 2k is there. Fifa is there. It was year 1, I expect Madden 19 to be on it

Perhaps youre right.

TBH, I didnt know FIFA was on there.   Anyone know how it is relative to the XBone and PS4 ports?     Might give a small indicator of what to expect of Madden does come to the Switch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wish we could use historic teams and the equipment they wore

could make for a dope mode... play a 16 team tourney made up of classic teams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Perhaps youre right.

TBH, I didnt know FIFA was on there.   Anyone know how it is relative to the XBone and PS4 ports?     Might give a small indicator of what to expect of Madden does come to the Switch.

If they had a way to use the tablet as a, well, tablet, I would get it for switch. But since it would just be a downgraded version I'll just keep getting it for ps4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×