Madden 19

MacReady

More detailed list off the top of my head I'll like to see in franchise:

Realistic cap figures. The Ravens should not have 40mil in cap space at the end of the year.

Free agency feels boring to me as well. Everyone seems to get resigned which is not how it usually works irl.

Hire/fire Offensive, defensive coordinators, training,scouting staff.

More fluid menus. I should be able to trade my draft pick straight from draft menu. Half the offers you get from that one menu are a total rip off.

Mock drafts. New scouting system. Anything that is not simple like pushing square 3 times. Drafting should be a mix of skill and chance. 

Stories, should be more impactful.Why the hell is it in some menu in the back for no one to see?  Id like to see diva WRs complaining to the gm if they don't get the ball. Stars should also speak out if you're trading half your team. Maybe they ask for a trade or to be released. Personalities should mean something and that should play into team chemistry and in turn progression/ratings.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ras said:

New scouting system. Anything that is not simple like pushing square 3 times. Drafting should be a mix of skill and chance. 

Scouting/drafting is so formulaic, you can outright ignore FA and draft a 95+ OVR team in 4-5 seasons.

I get that a lot of people don't want super complicated in-depth franchise, but there's nothing stopping EA from having a "simple", "standard", and "advanced" franchise mode.

10 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Scouting/drafting is so formulaic, you can outright ignore FA and draft a 95+ OVR team in 4-5 seasons.

I get that a lot of people don't want super complicated in-depth franchise, but there's nothing stopping EA from having a "simple", "standard", and "advanced" franchise mode.

Wouldn't it be neat if you could draft a player that had a one hit wonder rookie season then busted/was average? That would be kinda neat. Or a superstar player that gets an injury and comes back from it but is never the same again 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cddolphin said:

I literally don't know anyone who doesn't want a super deep franchise. That is the main issue with Madden, it's barebones

• Like 1

On 2/14/2018 at 12:17 PM, Remixxxxxxx said:

I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't surprise you but to each their own. It's easily one of the most outlandish rumors I've read about a video game and can't imagine people thinking it would be true. 

Can you imagine if they forced you to pound x as fast as you can during the anthem and if you got lazy, your players would kneel, get boo'd and lose 3 ovl for the whole game lol.

On 2/28/2018 at 9:44 AM, Ras said:

More detailed list off the top of my head I'll like to see in franchise:

Realistic cap figures. The Ravens should not have 40mil in cap space at the end of the year.

Free agency feels boring to me as well. Everyone seems to get resigned which is not how it usually works irl.

Hire/fire Offensive, defensive coordinators, training,scouting staff.

More fluid menus. I should be able to trade my draft pick straight from draft menu. Half the offers you get from that one menu are a total rip off.

Mock drafts. New scouting system. Anything that is not simple like pushing square 3 times. Drafting should be a mix of skill and chance. 

Stories, should be more impactful.Why the hell is it in some menu in the back for no one to see?  Id like to see diva WRs complaining to the gm if they don't get the ball. Stars should also speak out if you're trading half your team. Maybe they ask for a trade or to be released. Personalities should mean something and that should play into team chemistry and in turn progression/ratings.

I'm bored so I want to expand on this...

CUSTOM DRAFT CLASSES- This is so long overdue. 

Player drills- I remember this in ps2 Madden. I would love to have this back whether to progress your players or to scout.

Better online franchise app- every year this app is so useless unless you're commish and want to advanced.

For free agency, take a page out of NCAA and have different factors that the player favors. Maybe a guy wants to be in his hometown or wants more money. Maybe the guy has a former teammate that influences his desire to play on the team.

Trades should take into account age and performance. I should be able to trade a mid round pick for an aging player that's regressing.

A Player should want out if you do something dumb like bench your 90 ovl QB. 

Once in a generation players- Saquan Barkley, AP, Calvin Johnson! brashad perriman (wut)

Edited by Ras
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Ras said:

I'm bored so I want to expand on this...

CUSTOM DRAFT CLASSES- This is so long overdue. 

Player drills- I remember this in ps2 Madden. I would love to have this back whether to progress your players or to scout.

Better online franchise app- every year this app is so useless unless you're commish and want to advanced.

For free agency, take a page out of NCAA and have different factors that the player favors. Maybe a guy wants to be in his hometown or wants more money. Maybe the guy has a former teammate that influences his desire to play on the team.

Trades should take into account age and performance. I should be able to trade a mid round pick for an aging player that's regressing.

A Player should want out if you do something dumb like bench your 90 ovl QB. 

Once in a generation players- Saquan Barkley, AP, Calvin Johnson! brashad perriman (wut)

Your suggestions are pretty much in line with mine.  

I dont like the player drills for progressing players.     Progression IMO should be tied heavily to coaches (which fits into the coaching overhaul the game needs.  IMO, players should have a better chance of being great depending on who their coach is.    If a coach is an expert at developing DBs, then a DB with superstar potential should have a good chance of getting there,), players (things like age,  progression potential, performance in certain areas, etc...) OTAs/Training camp (Madden completely ignores this, even though this is where most players improve)

I dont mind if its tied to progression, I just dont think it should be close to the main way you progress players like it was back in the day.   Player drills should be offered for bonuses IMO.    

Back to the coaching......IMO, coaches need to have a HUGE impact on almost every aspect of the game.     Right now, they are pretty much worthless outside of seeing them on the sidelines, and hiring/firing them isnt close to a big decision, when it should be a huge deal.

Coaches should impact everything....from how aggressive teams are in free agency, to their draft philosophy, to player morale (which needs to be in the game), to how certain players progress/regress,  to how consistent the team is year to year, to the types of players teams look for,  etc....   I wont buy the game unless coaching has been overhauled, and that includes adding OCs, DCs and scouts....and scouts need to have much bigger effects as well.   If you have a poor scouting team, you should get poor results in scouting....like say you scout a first round QB and your poor scout tells you that the QB has 95 arm strength, 89 short accuracy and Quick development......but then it turns out the players has 90 arm strength, 77 short accuracy and slow development.        And good coaches and scouts should be hard to hire IMO.     If your team prestige is low and there isnt alot of talent to work with, great coaches should decline their offers unless they are drastically overpaid.....but until they make "team funds" mean more, this is pointless.  

I also would like to see players have agents.     Doesnt have to be a ton of agents, but just make like 5 or 6 agents, and have those agents have different approaches.    Like, some agents are easy to deal with....some agents have poor relationships with certain teams which makes them demand more money for their player....some agents will care more about making their client happy via other means (location, team prestige, coaches, opportunity (starter or backup) etc....   

• Like 3