Madden 19

MacReady

2 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

Insanely popular. I'm still campaigning that they need to include a MyPlayer like mode comparable to 2k and for the "myPark" bring back some NFL Street style action. Would be so fun.

But yes, first and foremost we need a proper franchise mode.. actually, I'll settle for acceptable at this point. 

God yes! 

6 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

Insanely popular. I'm still campaigning that they need to include a MyPlayer like mode comparable to 2k and for the "myPark" bring back some NFL Street style action. Would be so fun.

But yes, first and foremost we need a proper franchise mode.. actually, I'll settle for acceptable at this point. 

Ehh... As long as they don't take tips from 2k on a mycareer story then maybe... Those 2k career stories are terrible, they really need to just stop doing them.

7 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

I mean shoot the "GOAT" Madden player last year in the Madden Championship literally only ran 4 Verticals from a Trips TE formation and inside zone and on defense just ran a cover 2 nano blitz every single play. It's boring AF to watch. Everyone has a "base play", which on offense is your chunk yardage passing play and on defense is your nano blitz, and then they just make adjustments from there but every play is the same concept. It's so terrible to watch, and it's very telling that the NFL's only video game can only pull in maybe 1,000-1,500 viewers while lesser-known games like Rainbow Six: Siege average 3,000 viewers for their ESL playoff matches lol

What makes it even funnier is that they even bribe MUT players to watch with free packs and it still doesn't draw. I caught a little of it, seeing basically the biggest play of the game come down to the winner using the air truck glitch to make his guy untouchable summed up the entire event nicely. Game is broken and trying to make it an esport only serves to highlight just how flawed of a game they made. I can have fun playing non-competitively against people, but I have no interest in ever trying to be truly great at the game since it takes all of the fun out of playing.

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

What makes it even funnier is that they even bribe MUT players to watch with free packs and it still doesn't draw. I caught a little of it, seeing basically the biggest play of the game come down to the winner using the air truck glitch to make his guy untouchable summed up the entire event nicely. Game is broken and trying to make it an esport only serves to highlight just how flawed of a game they made. I can have fun playing non-competitively against people, but I have no interest in ever trying to be truly great at the game since it takes all of the fun out of playing.

Yeah I loved that whole schtick they did, trying to make it seem like that last sequence of events was "UNBELIEVABLE" like uhhh the dude just chucked up a hail mary then did the air truck BS and won...lmao

And last year it was inside zone and 4 verts, the year before it was everyone using GT Mike Evans and aggressive catching. It's just dumb.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Yeah I loved that whole schtick they did, trying to make it seem like that last sequence of events was "UNBELIEVABLE" like uhhh the dude just chucked up a hail mary then did the air truck BS and won...lmao

And last year it was inside zone and 4 verts, the year before it was everyone using GT Mike Evans and aggressive catching. It's just dumb.

Yup, they had to hype up that last minute because it was their grand championship and it was a close game. But I do wonder if there was a little bit of frustration with the fact that they then had to showcase the obvious brokenness of their game for all to see. Because man, having the air truck as a key component to the game winning touchdown is just embarrassing for everyone involved.

9 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Madden is still missing features that they had in franchise mode in the PS2/XBOX/GCN era. It's insane. 

Connected Franchise doesn't make them any money, though, so it won't be a focus. Ultimate Team and online (through e-sports) can make them more money, so that's where all of the attention goes. 

Connected franchise doesnt make them money in regards to them milking their customers, but that doesnt mean it doesnt make them money in regards to how well the game sells.

Alot of people dont buy the game because of how weak franchise is.   If it was better, more people would buy it...and thus....make them more money.

EA is utterly clueless though, and believe single player gaming is done....a viewpoint thats been proven laughably wrong.

EA could make franchise mode great AND appeal to MUT/online fans.   They just choose not to...and its largely due to the fact that they have the exclusive license to the most popular sporting brand, and can get away with laziness....because they know they have a bunch of sheep who will buy the game year in and out regardless of what they put out. 

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Yup, they had to hype up that last minute because it was their grand championship and it was a close game. But I do wonder if there was a little bit of frustration with the fact that they then had to showcase the obvious brokenness of their game for all to see. Because man, having the air truck as a key component to the game winning touchdown is just embarrassing for everyone involved.

You should know by now but with everything, they completely avoid talking about it or just disregard it as "skill". They did the same stuff with all the nano blitzes, they just call it "heat" and move on. Nevermind that it's a completely broken game mechanic. It's a joke. I've been proposing for YEARS to have some sort of freaking actual play recognition, where your players will gradually adjust and cheat to the same formations and plays they see repeatedly - but nope. Can't have that! Can't have people actually mixing up their playbooks and learning more than 5 plays...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

You should know by now but with everything, they completely avoid talking about it or just disregard it as "skill". They did the same stuff with all the nano blitzes, they just call it "heat" and move on. Nevermind that it's a completely broken game mechanic. It's a joke. I've been proposing for YEARS to have some sort of freaking actual play recognition, where your players will gradually adjust and cheat to the same formations and plays they see repeatedly - but nope. Can't have that! Can't have people actually mixing up their playbooks and learning more than 5 plays...

Oh yeah, always trying to cover it up as though it's entirely legitimate. I'm not a huge esports guy, but it's pretty obvious why nobody buys into Madden professionally. It's just a miserable experience. It's miserable to watch and it's miserable to play that way. Nobody wants to watch two guys where it's far, far more based around who the broken game decides is going to win with a bit of skill mixed in since everybody is running the exact same formations and plays.

I play MUT and occasionally do the Weekend League/MUT Champs. Once I hit 7-3 or 8-2 playing all across my playbook, I start getting matched up with the top tier players and it's just terrible. I refuse to run a youtube offense of three plays, and against top competition, it's just impossible to try to play legitimately. Usually finish the weekend 16-9 and regret every hour that I poured into it.

9 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Oh yeah, always trying to cover it up as though it's entirely legitimate. I'm not a huge esports guy, but it's pretty obvious why nobody buys into Madden professionally. It's just a miserable experience. It's miserable to watch and it's miserable to play that way. Nobody wants to watch two guys where it's far, far more based around who the broken game decides is going to win with a bit of skill mixed in since everybody is running the exact same formations and plays.

I play MUT and occasionally do the Weekend League/MUT Champs. Once I hit 7-3 or 8-2 playing all across my playbook, I start getting matched up with the top tier players and it's just terrible. I refuse to run a youtube offense of three plays, and against top competition, it's just impossible to try to play legitimately. Usually finish the weekend 16-9 and regret every hour that I poured into it.

Yep I quit last year trying to play competitively because I ended up just running into kids who run singleback ace close all game long and I was just like "this is stupid". It's so bad how far madden's competitive gameplay has fallen.

11 hours ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Just fix man coverage and the inconsistent Awareness issues.... That's all I ask.

I mean it makes sense if they don't get their head turned around. The thing that irritates me even more is when zone defenders don't react to the ball because they're watching the QB pretty much at all times.

On 5/5/2018 at 9:25 AM, Danger said:

I mean it makes sense if they don't get their head turned around. The thing that irritates me even more is when zone defenders don't react to the ball because they're watching the QB pretty much at all times.

That and when they are flat footed in zone and they suddenly teleport to where you threw the ball. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Spartacus said:

That and when they are flat footed in zone and they suddenly teleport to where you threw the ball. 

While we're on this topic, I don't think I have intercepted a pass in stride since like Madden 12.

Edited by packerrfan74