Madden 19

MacReady

Just read an article that basically confirmed that Madden 19's heavy focus was on....wait for it....Madden Ultimate Team.

Imagine my shock.

But the masses of sheep will still spend $60 on what is essentially the same game with negligible improvements.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Just read an article that basically confirmed that Madden 19's heavy focus was on....wait for it....Madden Ultimate Team.

Imagine my shock.

But the masses of sheep will still spend $60 on what is essentially the same game with negligible improvements.  

That sucks. I was hoping to get 19 but I absolutely hate MUT.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

That sucks. I was hoping to get 19 but I absolutely hate MUT.

I agree. I mean, I suppose they still could have improved franchise mode and other areas, but there were recent quotes by the powers that be at EA that reaffirmed their commitment and focus to Ultimate Team.

Not really surprising... It's the mode that makes them the most money, while I myself have never even really played it I know it is unfortunately pretty popular and a lot of people buy cards.

EDIT:

Still really disappointing to hear though given all the previous talk of a major overhaul to franchise mode... Like @FourThreeMafia said they could have done both but I'm skeptical... Well... More skeptical than I already was.

Edited by rob_shadows

8 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Imagine my shock.

Maybe the new creative director will put his mark on 2020 with some legit improvements.

1 minute ago, August4th said:

never got into mut.. really don't know what it really is..people collect cards and do what with them?

wish EA would make that mode a separate online game and focus more on franchise mode

We're more likely to see them drop franchise mode entirely than shift focus away from their main source of income. 

23 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

What if the new guy was brought in because he's all about MUT?

It's probably true. Honestly. Given that their focus is on MUT, I have no intentions of buying this game now. When they actually revamp the franchise mode and fix the cheese gameplay then maybe I'll get the game. 

The thing that bothers me the most. Take for example the Awareness stat and how it functions. defenders should have a major boost to awareness if the play has already been run previously in that same game making it harder to use again.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, August4th said:

never got into mut.. really don't know what it really is..people collect cards and do what with them?

wish EA would make that mode a separate online game and focus more on franchise mode

Its catered largely to extreme casuals and little kids who just want to build the best team possible relative to their friends.

Its sad that basically a mini-game within Madden gets more attention than the core gameplay and major game modes.....because EA knows it can exploit MUT players easily for money.

7 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Its catered largely to extreme casuals and little kids who just want to build the best team possible relative to their friends.

Its sad that basically a mini-game within Madden gets more attention than the core gameplay and major game modes.....because EA knows it can exploit MUT players easily for money.

To be fair to MUT, my brother is dedicated to MUT and the past 2 years he has been putting together teams that compete with the best of them without having to spend any money  But yes, it’s still a trash mode. 

9 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Imagine my shock.

baa-a-a-a-a-a-a

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

To be fair to MUT, my brother is dedicated to MUT and the past 2 years he has been putting together teams that compete with the best of them without having to spend any money  But yes, it’s still a trash mode. 

Nothing wrong with that, but the fact is, so many people invest money into it....mainly kids trying to one-up their friends.

Like I said, I have no issue with monetization of in game assets.....but the way EA does it is disgusting....and this goes beyond Madden.      EA games these days are rarely ever better than average and are pretty much always loaded with bugs.....but one thing you can always count on being fully functional within EA games are microtransactions of every variety.

Someone was talking about GTA 5 Online and all the money that can be spent there......and I personally dont care.  Why?   Because the base game was absolutely amazing and had alot of replayability.     If the game out of the package is worth the price you pay....I dont mind microstransactions outside of charging for very petty things.....because ultimately, its up to the consumer what they believe is and isnt worth money.    However, Madden, outside of rosters and graphics, only has marginal changes year to year due to "short development cycles"...yet is still priced the same as triple A games that have been in development for 4 or 5+ years.       And they get away with it because they have a monopoly on one of the most popular brands in the world and alot of sheep who buy the game regardless of the quality. 

And Im not bashing EVERYONE who buys the game every year.   If people truly love the game that much and feel its worth $60 year after year after year....so be it.    The people I cant stand are the people who buy it every year but complain about it every year as well, when they are the biggest part of the problem.       Myself....Ive spend $40 on Madden games since 2011 (Madden 12 was the last game I bought at full price).   Spent $7 on Madden 25 (which I regretted since Madden 25 sucked), $4 on Madden 17 and $29.99 on Madden 18.....and while Madden 18 is still a major disappointment, its at least passable for $30.....but I wont by a single Madden again, new or used, until franchise mode is DRASTICALLY improved.....which I dont really see happening.     I think there will be some improvements to franchise mode this year, but I think most of it will be typical EA disingenuous window dressing to make it seem like the mode is deeper than it really is....when in reality, no truly great additions will be made.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Most of hardcore players play MUT. Pros play MUT pretty much exclusively, so it's not just catered mostly to casuals.